Geeze

This area is for other topics not associated with crossbows or crossbow hunting.
Boo

Re: Geeze

Post by Boo » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:20 pm

janesy wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:48 pm
This is a pretty common misconception in Canada that it's illegal to protect yourself or a property with a firearm.

It's not that Illegal and it's not legal either. The legal difintion is the use of justifiable force. It say no where that you cannot use a gun, knife, baseball bat whatever.

The problem lies in the whole mess of other charges that will come onto you if you do. If you point at someone with a weapon and don't use it... That's illegal. You can't point a gun at someone in Canada regardless if you shoot.
If you do shoot them, you will be charged with a manslaughter and every other firearms charge they can find. Which will include other silly laws such as...
unsafe storage because you probably won't lock your cabinet after you remove a long gun.

Then they will also charge you for unsafe storage of the ammunition you left laying on your bed after you loaded the gun because that is not covered under the firearms act, it's a criminal offence.

They WILL charge you for pointing the gun at them before you fired.

Here's the thing. YOU WILL NOT BE CONVICTED. Nobody in Canada has ever been convicted of killing someone with a gun who was robbing them, breaking into their house or stacking their family. But YOU WILL LOOSE EVERYTHING! The trial and the media will basically disown you and you will have to spend or sell everything you have to prove you were in the right.

While Coutlon Boushie was going on.... This barely made the news and it happened in lots of our backyards... Nearly the same scene. And the dead kids past was not allowed to be revealed to the courts. Career criminal. This nightmare is still going on...

https://www.chch.com/binbrook-man-to-stand-trial-again-for-second-degree-murder/
Chris, next time you see me, ask me about being arrested on weapons charges :shock:
If there are no dogs in heaven, I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
If I could love like a dog does, I would have a pure conscience.
Grief is the price we pay for love QE2

janesy

Re: Geeze

Post by janesy » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:16 pm

Boo wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:20 pm
Chris, next time you see me, ask me about being arrested on weapons charges :shock:
I most certainly will!
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!