2008 Hunting Season Trophy Room!

This area is for all pictures taken in previous and current hunting seasons.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Scott, you're a machine! Congratulations yet again!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

great deer there Scott!

jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

10 1/2 spread 6 pts phoenix don't know what he scores for team Whitatail Whackers
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

smokepolehall, are you scoring this deer as a buck or doe?
jay
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I had a great time at the hunt this week that was hosted by the NCHS and Friends of American Heroes. The farm that we hunted had a lot of deer and I saw plenty but I just have never had any luck out of a ground blind. On the first morning several does and a respectable 6 pointer were coming my way when the lead doe suddenly stopped and stared at the blind for what seemed like a half hour then turned and ran back the way that they came from. The wind was in my face and I never moved. The blind had been there for ten days prior to the hunt. The same thing happened on the morning of day 2 but at noon one of the cameramen took my climber in and set it up for me a little farther onto an oak ridge. I arrived at the climber at around 5:00, climbed to about 14 feet, secured my full body harness to the tree, pulled my exomag up and hung it on a hook that I had just screwed in a couple of feet above me and was getting my pack situated when I saw a group of deer coming. All were does and passed directly under me. As they fed on the white oak acorns, I decided to take one. At 15 yards, I sent a gold tip with a 100 grain slick trick her way....whaaaak. She took off on a dead run for about 40-50 yards then stopped and turned around to see what had happened. She was dead, she just didn't know it. As she turned to walk back towards me and the rest of the deer, she collapsed. This all took place in less than 1 minute. I post this picture with a little hesitation because of the damage to the side of her face where it rubbed against the farmer's atv tire on the way out of the woods but here is my first deer of the year.

Should be worth 25 points? 20 for the doe and 5 extra for the exomag. That is the appropriate tag that I'm holding in my hand Wink . Now that was fun, extremely hot and humid but fun. Tyler says he's going to shame my doe with a biggun Saturday morning Rolling Eyes .

The highlight of the hunt was to hear of all the heroic efforts by the recently wounded soldiers that attended the hunt. I heard stories that would make you laugh so hard you'd almost pee yourself and some that would make you cry. Friends of American Heroes is a wonderful organization that helps our heroes get back into God's great outdoors and enjoy life as they once did only this time with a disability. Check em out at www.friendsofamericanheroes.org Donations are badly needed if you feel inclined to do so.

NOTE: This harvest was posted in the general forum before I was hospitalized last month and I have just had the time to post it here where it should be. Thanks for understanding Jay.

Ray
Last edited by raydaughety on Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Tyler had set his alarm for 5:00 just in case I felt like going hunting this morning. So, we got dressed and headed out to the club and sat in a likely place for a couple of hours but didn't see anything. Two youngsters on the club had killed bucks as well as an elderly gentleman that hadn't killed a deer in 8 years. The family had built Tyler and I a box stand 2 years ago that measures 4'x8' and stands 16' high. The ladder has plenty of steps making it a breeze for me to climb. We got in the stand and immediately a doe came out at 150 yards down the road but was in tall dog fennels and Tyler wasn't comfortable with the shot and of course I respected his decision. Just before dark, a big ole sally stepped into the road and started munching on the corn that Tyler and just spread out at lunchtime. He's practiced out to 125 yards and this deer was exactly 131 yards. The unmistakable "smack" of the 245 grain hollow point announced a good hit as she kicked her hind legs out like a mule. We eased down and walked over to where she was standing but there was no blood at all Confused I looked just inside the edge of the woods where she was standing at the shot and there she lay. To say he was tickled is an understatement. It felt so good to watch how he had calmly took the time to put a well placed bullet right through both shoulders, then he started trembling with excitement. You would have thought that he had killed a 10 pointer Laughing Might just be an old doe to most but a trophy for Tyler for sure. Wink The picture are horrible, had to use the cell phone camera. If someone can enhance these photos I would really appreciate it.

And one with the tag:

Ray
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

congrats to ray & Tyler for their deer
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Rich

Team VA doe

Post by Rich »

Jay,

Score a doe for Team VA, add the bonus for harvest using an Exocet 200.
Rich
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

got ya covered Rich..... 25 pts for team Va.!!!!

jay
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

Ray, Tyler's deer scores 20+2(ML) for 22 points

jay
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

doe

Timbrhuntr

Ontario Moose

Post by Timbrhuntr »

deleted
Last edited by Timbrhuntr on Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

mdcrossbow..what weapon did you shoot the doe with? I need to know to tally your score correctly.

jay
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

nice moose.... got a story?

jay
fishnbugdude

Post by fishnbugdude »

It was getting near 7 and I was thinking about heading out when I heard a deer about 40 yards away. Hit the grunt tube and this little guy came running. He walked down wind at less then 10 yards but did not offer a shot. He came around front with very little legal shooting time left. Pulled the trigger just as he turned to face me.

I did not like the shot so waited - heard him crash. Went home and came back two hours just to be sure. The big man upstairs guided the bolt past the shoulder and leg, through both lungs as well as the heart. Some times I would rather be lucky then good. Pretty big body for a 1.5 year old. Pretty happy for deer number two. Now I can hunt for antlers.

PS the guy who took the picture is a great guy - helped clean the deer and showed me a better way then I currently did - but should not be allowed to use a camera. 4 pictures and this was the best one.