Pit blinds

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MichiganBill

More pit blind info

Post by MichiganBill »

I thought about building a pit blind on my own property. Have done a ton of research on it too. At the end of the day, the negatives probably outweigh the positives such as moisture, lack of visablity and bad location (they are pretty hard to relocate). Oh yes, did I mention moisture??

But if you're still going to go foward with this idea, here is the cat's pajamas of pit blinds. It's sold by a company out of Texas and maufactured by a plastics company in Indiana. http://www.covenant-ranch.com/?machobucks

It is a pre-manufactured, 2-man pit blind constructed out of thick gauge plastic. You dig a hole, drop it in, camo it up and you're ready to go. They are popular in parts of Texas where they have no big trees to hand stands and tripods stand out too visible to game.

I saw it in use on a hunting TV show and it really looked fun. Not cheap though. If I recall, it was about $1000 us. For me, I rather pay the $$ and be dry, plus be able to relocate the thing if it turns out to be a bad spot, than to be wet and cold and not see any animals.