Stabilizers PointBlanc :-(

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Swede

Stabilizers PointBlanc :-(

Post by Swede »

I have just bought a PointBlanc deluxe. And there are a stabilizer with that model. My friend also have a PointBlanc with a stabilizer. They are different. Mine has a screw at the end of it. My friend´s is a solid tube. His stabilizer seem to work much better than mine does. Both have the Excalibur sign on. Wish one is newest? Why are they delivered with different stabilizers? I am very disapointed with the one on my PointBlanc. :( Can anyone recommend a good stabilizer?

By the way....dont buy the Deluxe model....buy the cheaper one and put things that work on it. The frontsight sucks also. My friends PoinBlanc was equipted with another sight also. Much different and alittle better than mine.

I realy have doubts buying another Excalibur after this. Well maybe a modell without any extra equipment.
Jim C

Re: Stabilizers PointBlanc :-(

Post by Jim C »

Swede wrote:I have just bought a PointBlanc deluxe. And there are a stabilizer with that model. My friend also have a PointBlanc with a stabilizer. They are different. Mine has a screw at the end of it. My friend´s is a solid tube. His stabilizer seem to work much better than mine does. Both have the Excalibur sign on. Wish one is newest? Why are they delivered with different stabilizers? I am very disapointed with the one on my PointBlanc. :( Can anyone recommend a good stabilizer?

By the way....dont buy the Deluxe model....buy the cheaper one and put things that work on it. The frontsight sucks also. My friends PoinBlanc was equipted with another sight also. Much different and alittle better than mine.

I realy have doubts buying another Excalibur after this. Well maybe a modell without any extra equipment.
1) I buy the deluxe and throw the front sight in the parts box. I use a mount Danny Miller had that mounts up on the riser so I can use DBars with the sight

2) I have all the various stabilizers Excalibur has sold since I have bought several PBs over the several years they have been available. I haven't seen much difference

3) You can take a korean adjustable VBAR mount and screw it into the stablizer mount that comes with the Deluxe PB. Put on the Supplied stablizer and attach a couple more Vbars or doinker counterweights coming back towards you-really helps

4) get a AUSTRALIAN CROSSBOW adjustable cheekpiece or have someone make you one (rather easy) and that will help alot too

5) A wood stock like the ones mark H makes for excaliburs will give you better balance and more weight-remember the IAU/WCSA limit on target bows is 10Kilo
TNC and ACF Member
NFAA and NAA Certified Coach
Swede

Post by Swede »

Thank you very much......
Swede

Post by Swede »

Thank you so much for the tips. I did put on a VBAR and some extra weight. Im very satisfied with it now! I use it indoors 18m (WSCA) and I make better scores than guys with expensive target crossbows. Thanks Jim C and Excalibur. My next project is to sett up a Vixen for 3D.
Last edited by Swede on Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

Swede wrote:Thank you so much for the tips. I did put on a VBAR and some extra weight. Im very satisfied with it now! I use it indoors 18m (WSCA) and I make better scores than the guys with expensive target crossbows. Thanks Jim C and Excalibur. My next project is to sett up a Vixen for 3D.
cool, if my wife hadn't have caught the limb tip of MY PB target bow in her trunk latch I would have shot it at NFAA nationals. I don't think my scores would have been worse than the junk I shot with my ausbow (that I only practiced with for a week prior to the tournament)
TNC and ACF Member
NFAA and NAA Certified Coach
Swede

Post by Swede »

Ahhh thats too bad. Maybe Im lucky not to have a wife :wink: Just kidding! Do you use a butthook on your PB? And if you do what kind? The PB stock is a bit too long for me, but I dont want to shorten it untill I found a hook to install. Would love to see a picture of your PB.