Middleton Crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Middleton Crossbows

Post by Pydpiper »

What is the story on these guys? The speed they claim is pretty impresive, it looks like an Excalibur clone. I hate clones.

http://www.middletoncrossbow.com/01.html
A.W

Post by A.W »

We had a lengthy post running on this a while back.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

must have missed it, I will look..
A.W

Post by A.W »

Pydpiper wrote:must have missed it, I will look..
You weren't a member then. :lol:

About a year ago. The thread may have been erased.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Try getting hold of some one, I can't .... :?
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

I shot one earlier this fall ... I was not impressed ... it vibrated when I shot it " scared the crap out of me " !

I checked to make sure that everything was tight , and it was ... I asked the guy what the extra vibration was and he said it was the " awsome speed " ... then he went on to trash talk the Excaliburs for " lack of penetration etc. ... I walked away after that ...

My honest opinion of them after handling one and shooting one ...

They are an Excalibur knock off , but without the quality , fit and finish ...
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
jay73

Post by jay73 »

I never shot or seen the bow, but.......

R.J. wrote:... then he went on to trash talk the Excaliburs for " lack of penetration etc. ...
:evil:

I'm sure Bill would be interested in which one of his dealers is trashing his bows.

Jay
150 lb Wolverine
165 lb Exocet
175 lb Phoenix
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Bill T. knows all about this guy ... and he ain't no Excalibur dealer anymore ... I believe that is part of the reason he is trash talking the Excal's
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

R.J. wrote:I shot one earlier this fall ... I was not impressed ... it vibrated when I shot it " scared the crap out of me " !

I checked to make sure that everything was tight , and it was ... I asked the guy what the extra vibration was and he said it was the " awsome speed " ... then he went on to trash talk the Excaliburs for " lack of penetration etc. ... I walked away after that ...

My honest opinion of them after handling one and shooting one ...

They are an Excalibur knock off , but without the quality , fit and finish ...
lack of penetration? LOL-I have shot through the last 5 deer I have aimed at with a VIXEN. two were well over 160 pounds
TNC and ACF Member
NFAA and NAA Certified Coach
TYE

Post by TYE »

I like the stock design, but now Excal has a thumbhole stock, so they're up to par again :wink:

I don't like the limbs on the Middleton's.... Too skinny looking.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Jim C wrote :
LOL-I have shot through the last 5 deer I have aimed at with a VIXEN.
Exactly ! ... that's why I walked away ... Thinking " this chump don't know squat ... and he ain't that special , that I'm going to waste my time explaining the facts to him ... I got better things to do ! "
TYE

Post by TYE »

R.J. wrote:I got better things to do ! "
Like shooting your Excal.
fuel80guy

Middleton

Post by fuel80guy »

Hey Folks
Im here to say that im a long time exocet shooter and ive always loved my bow.
I have shot the middleton 375 and it is a very fast bow.
A friend of mine shot a 205 lb buck this fall through the left front shoulder(the deer was quartering towards him) a shot i would never take myself.
The bolt went clean through the shoulder and out the other end.I would never have believed this on such a large animal unless i saw it myself.
Apparently Middleton bows are designed to interchange there limbs with excaliburs.
I also read that you can leave these in your trunk in the hot sun and it will not affect the limbs.
Rumour has it that middleton is coming out with a 450 i believe quite frankly i could hardly pull the 375 so the 450 wouldnt do me any good.
Im a huge supporter of Bill& Cathy as a number of years ago they helped me out with a our local council tryiing to ban all hunting in our municipality and they came out and did a presentation and in my mind that swayed our council big time to keep hunting alive.
I guess im just saying there is a new kid on the block and im hoping it doesnt affect us die hard excal folks.
:D
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Interchangable limbs?????? But, not a knock off right :wink: . I know you can't change a recurve design too drastically, but they look awefully similar. If it is a knock off, at least the guy had the right idea to use a solid template.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
schonyuk

Middleton Crossbows

Post by schonyuk »

I dont see the point of the extra speed these are supposed to produce. Perhaps a bit of a flatter trajectory but other than that? If you shoot through now why would you need to shoot through but faster?