Missing Post/DELETED

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cal

Missing Post/DELETED

Post by Cal »

I have posted on this thread today, and I thought it was a good thread, due to the fact that it's an Excal forum, and the thread was by Graywolf saying that the hype behind the Middleton Crossbow seems to be true!!!

This is one of the bows that I'm looking at, and I would like to see/hear from those who have BOTH, or shot BOTH. I know there was some very informative post by other members with regards to BOTH bow, Excal and Middleton.

I'm just wondering WHO deleted it? WHY? :twisted:
A.W

Post by A.W »

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =middleton

If that's not the one then use the search engine. Type in Middleton. There are several other hits there.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Cal

Post by Cal »

A.W. NO THAT IS NOT THE POST! The one I posted on was By GRAYWOLF, and I think is was called:

"Not to beat a dead horse"

I think. It was nice, polite and informative for ME. I'm just wondering WHAT HAPPENED TO IT.

YES it did say how GRAYWOLF's employer was now going to carry Middleton's and NOT Barnett's. He also said that he has SHOT the 355 & 375 and they were very accurite, light, and lightning fast, just like they claim.

This can only bring a better bow to the market place???
A.W

Post by A.W »

Cal wrote:A.W. NO THAT IS NOT THE POST!
SORRY!!! CAN'T HELP YOU THEN!!!!

Bill T

Post by Bill T »

I've shot them both, and after I tore the Middleton apart and saw the "precision" with which it was built, I forbid my employees from firing it due to serious safety concerns. I will not give them the advantage of my years of insight into their crossbow design beyond this statement, but anyone considering purchasing one of their crossbows should be sure to ask whether they have product liability if our sample is indicative of their overall quality.
You ask why the post was deleted? Simply because I will not in any way allow that company to use my website to advertise it's products. Am I bitter about their blatent copy of our product? Damn right! I must say though that if they want to copy us they could at least do a decent job of it.
The rules here are pretty simple and I try to let the forum be as much as possible. As I've said in the past, you are welcome to talk about other crossbows here, but this one strikes a nerve with us and we won't allow any promotion in any way of their products.
ch312

Post by ch312 »

many products get copied and many times improved. that doesnt mean that we shouldnt be able to talk about the middleton bow on this site. most of us own excals so i dont see the harm in talking about the competition...
A.W

Post by A.W »

Bill T wrote: As I've said in the past, you are welcome to talk about other crossbows here, but this one strikes a nerve with us and we won't allow any promotion in any way of their products.
Enough said I think.

Cal

Post by Cal »

ch312 wrote:many products get copied and many times improved. that doesnt mean that we shouldnt be able to talk about the middleton bow on this site. most of us own excals so i dont see the harm in talking about the competition...
I agree, competition breed better products for us all
Cal

Post by Cal »

Bill T wrote:I've shot them both, and after I tore the Middleton apart and saw the "precision" with which it was built, I forbid my employees from firing it due to serious safety concerns. I will not give them the advantage of my years of insight into their crossbow design beyond this statement, but anyone considering purchasing one of their crossbows should be sure to ask whether they have product liability if our sample is indicative of their overall quality.
You ask why the post was deleted? Simply because I will not in any way allow that company to use my website to advertise it's products. Am I bitter about their blatent copy of our product? Damn right! I must say though that if they want to copy us they could at least do a decent job of it.
The rules here are pretty simple and I try to let the forum be as much as possible. As I've said in the past, you are welcome to talk about other crossbows here, but this one strikes a nerve with us and we won't allow any promotion in any way of their products.
Bill, thank you for the response. I'm new to this sport due to the fact I WAS NOT ALLOWED by law to own a gun, or get an F.A.C. due to my past. I can now enjoy this sport, sometimes it's a little harder to do, but no the less, I still get to try!

Bill, I can also understand your concerns with this product that's in a direct conflict with your product. I DID NOT say any advertising here? I DID see a long time member of THIS SITE give his honest reply that MANY have about some of OUR concerns for this MIDDLETON xBow! This is your site and if you wish to censor it with regards to a competitors product, than so be it.

I see your bias in your post about "saw the "precision" with which it was built, I forbid my employees from firing it due to serious safety concerns."

Bill, you also stated "Simply because I will not in any way allow that company to use my website to advertise it's products", so I guess the GRAYWOLF is a member of Middleton?

I came to this site to get information AND help in this sport. I see now that there are topics that can not be talked about, even by members that have 1000's of post and knowledge. I just wish there were a set of rules that I could read.

Again Bill and however else, I'm not playing up the Middleton xBow, just trying to get an honest insight into crossbows? Maybe the members can help me with the finer points that me as a newbie is missing? Thanks, and Sorry, Cal
huntman

Post by huntman »

I think Bill T has a valid point, and i agree with you 100%!!!
Cal

Post by Cal »

huntman wrote:I think Bill T has a valid point, and i agree with you 100%!!!
I'm missing something here. The point that IF you speak highly of the competition, YOUR WRONG, but if you speak down about the competition, it's OK????

If you didn't see the thread that was removed, you CAN NOT reply on it SORRY!
Digger

Post by Digger »

Cal wrote:
huntman wrote:I think Bill T has a valid point, and i agree with you 100%!!!
I'm missing something here. The point that IF you speak highly of the competition, YOUR WRONG, but if you speak down about the competition, it's OK????

If you didn't see the thread that was removed, you CAN NOT reply on it SORRY!
If you think it's that great, we won't stop you from touting that bow on Archery talk or on the Ten Point forum. See how your received.
If Bill shys its shoddy workmanship, I believe him.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Cal

Post by Cal »

Digger, I would just like hear/see what other have to say about ALL products? Good and BAD, That's all
wabi

Post by wabi »

I don't particularly even want to know about Middleton - good or bad!
I own one crossbow - an Excalibur - and that's all I need for hunting and target shooting. I'm not going to buy any other brand, so I don't really care what anyone thinks of them.
If you want to discuss another brand, why not go to another forum?
wabi
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Cal wrote:Digger, I would just like hear/see what other have to say about ALL products? Good and BAD, That's all
Cal if that's the case, start visiting others sites and Google your subject matter and I am sure you will find all the information you need.

If that's not enough then I would say your up the creek with out a paddle and I would drop the matter as far as this forum. Take it else where is what you are being advised in a polite way .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!