NEW SPEED XBOW ON THE WAY ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

sumner4991 wrote:
Of course, then we will have the heated debate about tradition and such. I'm OK hunting with my bow . . .if somebody else wants to use a "High Power" bow, that's their business. Just like I enjoy shooting my .270, if the guy on the other side of the hill is shooting a 7MM, I'm OK with that. The skill is still in the hunt . . .you have to see them before you can shoot them. Right now, there is plenty of meat to go around.

I am beginning to understand this from being on another forum where people like to argue about details like this. My goal this year is to take one deer with crossbow, pistol, shotgun, and rifle respectively. Someone is bound to have a problem with at least one of them!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Big Tiny . . . I just view it as people with a passion for what they do. There is nothing wrong with having a passion for something . . .it's the greatest form/level of love that we as humans can obtain. Unfortunately, the people with the passion sometimes do not realize how it effects their ability to see beyond their point of view.

Taking a deer with that many different weapons is certainly a cool goal. It will test several different skills. You might have to add the initials PDH in front of your name after reaching that goal . . .Professional Deer Hunter! Good luck and enjoy. Keep us posted on your success.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
hawg hunter

Speed War

Post by hawg hunter »

Well I started shooting xbows about 4 yrs ago. At that particular time I bought the fastest and biggest bow I could find,Exomag200. Now after a few years of shooting accuracy is much more important than speed. Accuracy is obtained through practice and properly matched arrows. I can draw my 175# exocet or my wife's Phoenix a whole buch easier than my Exomag . All of these bows are extremly accurate . but the lighter ones get used more 2 to 1.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Accuracy and speed go hand in hand. The faster the bolt/arrow the less trajectory. A flatter trajectory allows the hunter a margin of error within his/her hunting range. When the bolt/arrow reaches the limit of the hunters' range, it's normally because the trajectory gets too steep to estimate yardage and make an acceptable/responsible shot on a living animal because of human error. Not because of the accuracy of the bow. Higher speeds actually allow for more accuracy . . .whether or not that accuracy can be properly harnessed is another story.

There are trade-offs between bows as hawg hunter has pointed out. We all have our favorites depending on our physical make-up, hunting styles, hunting grounds, and personalities. Every bow Excalibur makes is deadly accurate . . .would be nice to have all the best qualities of the Vixen with the speed of the Exomax. Or would that make the summer threads even more boring?
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen