BAD NEWS TODAY AND HAVE NO IDEA

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Crockett&boon

BAD NEWS TODAY AND HAVE NO IDEA

Post by Crockett&boon »

well went to buy me a mossburg 835 after checking the 870 and others out went to my local walmart $309.00 and a good price to boot wll filled out all the forms for the background check they ran it stood around about a hr. waiting on it to come back but had to leave told the cleark to call me on my cell phone so i can come back and pick it up...never thinking it would come back denied :evil: ....because 2 weeks ago just purchased a gun my kp1 knight and had a background check done then with no problems well their isn't anything that should keep me from being aproved for a firearm but for some odd reason it came back denied ????????????? the only thing i have on my record is 3 bad checks mistermeanners back it 2000 because i came home and ran a background check on myself because i was so taken back by it anyone have a clue or understand why
and the goverment wounders why these anti gov. groops keep poping up crazy
excalibur equinox ,lumizone,groundpounder mount,boo string
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Sorry to hear of your troubles! :cry:

Here in NC, if you're a Concealed Carry Permit holder, as I am, you don't have to have an "instant background check" ... even for a handgun purchase ... so exhaustive is the check for the CCP!

I think it's all a bunch of hooey!
Grizz
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Happened to me about 3 years ago. The dealer tried again the next day and it went through with a few minutes :? . I'd check with your local sheriff's office.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I agree with Ray give it another shot today then go to the Sheriff's office if that does not work.
Fox

Post by Fox »

We have checks like that up here too. Dad used to buy a gun and go home, come back in a couple days to pick it up. Him and my mom divorced 20 years ago, they still question his reason for buying a gun.
Crockett&boon

Post by Crockett&boon »

thanks guys this has raised my sprite
excalibur equinox ,lumizone,groundpounder mount,boo string
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Canada has one of the most advanced computer systems in the world when it comes to stuff like this, not always a good thing.
Last year I had a kid driving his dads pick-up past my house at excessive speeds, he works for a trucking company up the road, his old truck would literally be going sideways as he passed by, once his work schedule had him going by the same time my kids would be waiting for the school bus I decided I had seen enough gravel get spit up onto my property.
I called the police, requested that they slow him down without charging him, it was a quick, polite call.
My next gun purchase was flagged, I called the CFO and they removed the flag so I can continue to buy guns with no waiting period, but those few days really sucked. I learned it doesn't always pay off to be a good citizen.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I actually inadvertently flagged myself. Hurrying to fill out the form I got MY birthday wrong. Came back denied, and of course offered no clue as to why.
Esox

Post by Esox »

So much for Liberal Gun Control Laws....

A prime example of how they protect us from criminals.......