new bowfishing bow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

new bowfishing bow

Post by wabi »

Recently bought a compound with the intention of perhaps using it for bowfishing, but after setting it up and trying it with the reel & a fish arrow I decided the simplicity of a recurve might be better. (I'm sure a lot of readers here will agree with "the simplicity of a recurve might be better" :lol: )
Just couldn't bring myself to modify my CheckMate recurve or longbow (drill the riser & add a threaded bushing for the reel) so I had my local pro-shop order me a recurve designed for bowfishing (got the 50# @ 28" model).
Got it today, and I could see why it was inexpensive. The finish had a few minor cosmetic blemishes and the string had the serving/loop orientation backwards (if I put the large loop on the top limb the serving was way off center). It also came with a cheap plastic adhesive backed arrow rest which I will replace with a roller type rest for bowfishing.
I assembled the bow, re-served the string and shot a few of my "Grizzly Stik Sitkas" at the indoor target (10 yards). I must say it is ugly, but it sure shoots good! Kept all the shots in the 3" bullseye at that range, and that is plenty good enough for bowfishing! Had a lot of vibration, but a catwhisker on the upper part of the string cured that problem.
Now I'm ready for summer!!!!!!!!! :roll:
wabi
Crockett&boon

Post by Crockett&boon »

very nice
excalibur equinox ,lumizone,groundpounder mount,boo string
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Gotta love a 'curve! :D
Grizz
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I'm trying to find one that's left handed. Just something I'd like to try.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

As long as it shoots good thats all that really matters
Esox

Post by Esox »

Good choice... Recurves are easy and fun...
It doesn't have to be expensive for bowfishing.... In fact cheaper the better....

I have an old Red Wing Hunter (1965) with a old style bow reel filled with foam that will make that bow float should I have to toss it in the water....

I hit a giant carp one night in shallow water that ran the line out so fast that I had to toss the bow after it... It floated like a big bobber... The darn thing towed it for some time until I could get the electric motor going and finally catch up with it ..... That one was over 30 lbs...

Also a stablizer mounted bow reel will help take some more of the vibration out of it. A rubberized pad for the grip will help too...

Your bow ought to make a keck of a carp killer!!!.... Enjoy!!
saxman

Post by saxman »

You can hunt all sorts of game with that bow Wabi,thats nice.
So simple yet SO effective.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011