Tagged out!!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Tagged out!!!!!

Post by raydaughety »

Well guys, my 1st turkey season will be one to remember. Chris and I set up early this morning on the other side of the field where I took my first turkey last week but didn't see anything. Chris had to leave and go to work around 7:30 am so I decided to set up on a field where we had been seeing some jakes. It just didn't feel right, no confidence at all so I packed up the decoys and cruised around the club looking for a lone tom. I saw a hen and a few deer while riding around but nothing to get excited about. As I approached a field that we had seen birds in earlier in the season, I shut the truck off, got my binos out and eased to the edge of the field. When I peeked around the corner, I saw a turkey in the field and the binos confirmed that he indeed had a red head. From here a stalk would be impossible so I had to drive around the block of woods to get into position for a stalk. Now, I can't tell you how many times that I got busted doing this by not being patient so when I left the truck I told myself that if it took me 2 hours to cover the 200 yards that it would take to get close enough for a shot then so be it. I had nothing to loose. I put all my camo on and eased down the side of the road. Luckily there was a pine tree between me and the bird so I was able to walk upright instead of crouching real low which is really painful for me to try and do. The last 30 yards were on my hands and knees and when I got to the pine and peaked my head up to see if he was still there, I couldn't believe what I saw. Three longbeards at around 40 to 45 yards. I picked out the biggest one in the crowd and fired. Guys, I've had the time of my life turkey hunting this year but I really wish that Tyler could have been with me today, maybe we could have doubled up :wink: . I really want to thank you all for answering all my questions and reading my long, drawn out posts, ( just want y'all to be there in the moment). Saturday is the last day of the season here in NC and I really hope to get Tyler on an adult bird even though I'm very proud of him for harvesting that jake last weekend. I guess y'all figured out that I wasn't toting my exomag. Oh, 11inch beard, 1&1/4" spur and a 1&1/2" spur, 21.5 pounds.

God Bless,

Ray
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
dutchhunter

way to go ray

Post by dutchhunter »

hooked forever love it
Pink Panther

Tagged out

Post by Pink Panther »

HI ray congrats on your turkeys great to see the pics , Pink panther :D :D 8) 8)
Big John

tagged

Post by Big John »

Excellent Job Ray. :) I would say you had a very Good season!!
Both of you got Birds, and the Family photo show's all I need to see!! 8)

Congrat's!!
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
saxman

Post by saxman »

Thats great Ray,I love that last picture of you and the kids.Wonderful memories.
Congrats to you and Tyler on your fine birds :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Congratulations on your bird Ray :D , I am allso very happy to see the family picture :wink: The second youngster you have there looks like she will be a fine young lady following in her brothers Foot steps :wink: You must be Very Proud and Blessed :D
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

congrats Ray, sounds like you had a season to remember.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Congratulations Ray. Nice Pictures.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Congrats Ray. The happy hunter and his prize!!!
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Rich

Post by Rich »

Great job Ray.

Rich
Digger

Post by Digger »

Congrats Ray on a superb season and some good looking birds and pics.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity