Y25 Relayer Impressions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Wyvern Crossbow

Post by Wyvern Crossbow »

You are not being a smart ass, but you are incorrect...I just weighed up a factory Excal carbon arrow. yes, it has aluminum inserts, but with a 100gr tip it is 387.4gr. If they are using the pro shafts they are heavier than the standard GT's...so, again, though it is lighter than what I would normaly sell, they do not sell a 350gr arrow...I would expect that your bow would shoot the advertized speed with a string upgrade and a 350gr arrow, but a heavier arrow is actually quieter and easier on the bow.

Wyvern
fletch

Post by fletch »

My max was chroned the day I bought it with no string upgrade, that came after I heard about Boo the string maker :wink:, and the GT II's that came in the right stuff pkg so if they are heavier then it should shoot well over 350 fps with a 350 gr bolt.
Anyways it does exactly what it is advertised to do, put the bolt right where I aim and it does it fast. If they don't sell a 350 gr bolt it doesn't matter to me.
Yes you are right about the heavier bolt being easier on the string and limbs I definately agree.
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

Well my 099 shoots very similar to RJ's, with my first 3 ever shots freehand at just 15m for Red Dot sighting check, the 3 holes broke well into each other (after removing the arrows at each shot!) , at the longer ranges its just like RJ's. I don't have a chrono but it is definitely much flatter shooting and I think quieter than my Vixen with the same arrows.
DEFINITELY faster, can tell by the impact delay difference between the two bows at the same distance.
I certainly have no complaints :D
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Here's my first 3 offhand shots at 30 w/ mine. Same arrows benched at 50 gave 1-1.5" groups. They weigh about 400 gr. and w/ FFF give me 315 fps. I got the "Right Stuff" package w/ my Emax in 05, the Gt's were about 357 gr and I got 350 fps w/ in a fps or so.

[img][img]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/a ... 47/MYY.jpg[/img][/img]
"Eze 18:21"
fuzzy

Re: Y25 Relayer Impressions

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Well, here's one ol' bear chiming in even though no one asked:

I've found my own Excal 'Max to be a very well made product that performs exactly as advertised. A nice piece of work, and a compliment to Canadian production. I don't tend to beat the drum for any manufacturer, but I will tell it straight concerning what I see ... and I like my north-of-the-border bow. :D
Grizz
Digger

Post by Digger »

Wyvern said he would take the Y25 back and refund his muney. I'd need a hell of a lot more than that to send mine back. :D :D
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Boo

Post by Boo »

Some people just like stepping on rakes
beretta96D

Post by beretta96D »

my firebolts that came with the "right stuff" package with 100gr field tips come in at 358grs and chronoed from my equinox at 350.8 fps for an average of 3 shots. That is also using a Boo string.

Those relayers look really sweet, I'm jealous to no end. My problem being is I couldn't bring myself to hunt with it and to for me to spend $1000 on something to only shoot in the backyard, well I can't justify that to myself.

:lol: Of course the mrs. has a lot to do with that decision!

Where can I get those string suppressors? They look really cool!
Rich

Post by Rich »

Wyvern,

I've read that you are an honest businessman (very often self promoting also) and am glad to see you are taking the Relayer back. Please post your findings as to what was wrong with the bow. I find it hard to believe also that only 1 of 1,000 owners is dissatisfied, I do believe it will fall into one of the categories Fuzzy describe.

Dagriz, if either my Exocet or Phoenix shot 3/4 groups at 20 yards like your Tenpoint, I'd send them back also.

Rich
Normous

Post by Normous »

999 happy ones and one grumpy Griz :roll:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

The man has a right to his opinion. I'm thinking he's old enough and been around bows enough to know what he likes and doesn't. Cut him some slack, he's not berating YOUR choice, only HIS.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Cossack wrote :
The man has a right to his opinion. I'm thinking he's old enough and been around bows enough to know what he likes and doesn't. Cut him some slack, he's not berating YOUR choice, only HIS.
I never thought he was berating my choice ... I was just very surprised how bad the bow was shooting for him and how bad the trigger was , based on my 25 years of experience with Excalibur products .

I sense his opinion may be a little tainted based on his description .

I know somethings are not always as they seem ... the burger I got from Harveys today didn't look exactly like the one I saw on the billboard ! :lol:

My 2007 Toyota Tacoma isn't getting exactly the same gas mileage that was advertised in the broucher ! :lol:

It is very good customer service and very gracious of Wyvern Crossbow to restock and refund the bow !

Bashing the trigger is most surprising ! ? :shock: But maybe he got a dud ??

I'm sure the Excalibur team will be interested in the feed back from Wyvern Crossbow when he checks the bow over ...

PS : I may be wrong but ... didn't 10 point copy the Excalibur trigger at one point during their crossbow developement ?
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
ranger

Post by ranger »

Iam getting 314fps out of my Y25 with 409.5gr arrows and the string set at the closest brace line to ya.....and as far as noise goes not much dif then the Vortex.......
I could add some speed I supposed if I moved my string closer to the line furthest from me.....
O-well there needs to be a lemon in every bunch I guess....
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

My post at the beginning of this thread is MY IMPRESSIONS, of the Y25 that I received. Those impressions have nothing to do with anyone else’s Y25. Because I decided I did not like several things about that particular Y25 every body goes on the defensive as if I am attacking their Y25. What a crock! Everyone has their opinions, likes and dislikes. If you like your Y25 or other Excalibur crossbow, good for you. If you think they are the best thing since sliced bread, that’s great. Don’t pee in my cereal because I had one with problems and I decided I don’t like it.

I make my own decisions and form my own opinions and I tell things as I experience or see them If you don’t like my impressions or what I said about MY Y25 then don’t read the post nor comment about it. I never asked for your opinions and don’t want to hear them, unless I ask.

If I posted on the competion's forum about the advertised speed of a crossbow, that is my opinion. If I’m not happy with it, than that is my decision. I don’t have to like the same things you do and I don’t have to be satisfied with the same stuff you do.
It’s rea; easy to sit behind your computers and be a “better than you” person
I don’t want your opinion unless I ask. I don’t care if you don’t like my impressions of something.

I learn quite well and my mother didn’t have to warn me about certain types of people. There’s nothing to be warned about For the most part they think they are intelligent by trying to start trouble, believe they are tough guys but are normally all hot air and braggadocio. They don’t amount to a hill of beans and certainly don’t require any concern on my part!

If you people want to criticize, then go for it. It dang sure doesn’t bother me If I never posted again on these forums I wouldn’t lose a minute of sleep over it.

I’ve met some real good people and I notice none of those jumped in to pick apart my posts

To the rest of you, you can kiss my hairy goat smelling arse!
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!