Exomag

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Crunch

Exomag

Post by Crunch »

Can someone give me a brief history lesson on the Exomag? Why were they discontinued? Good, bad or...?

Thanks,

crunch
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I believe the 'Mag was replaced with the 'Max, Crunch ... but don't take my word for it. I'm sure some of the genuine Excal experts will weigh in soon! :D
Grizz
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I bought an Exomag in the spring of 2003 and still enjoy shooting it today. It's a great shooting crossbow and the only one that I've ever owned. I've thought of getting a Phoenix one day as a back up but I've never had a problem with my Exomag that could be fixed here at the house or in the field. I'm not sure why they were discontinued other than to make way for the bigger, badder Exomax. I'm sure that some of the more experienced crossbow hunters will chime in and answer your questions. I think that Digger owns one of each model :wink: . Hope I was helpful.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Hey Grizz, I think you were posting while I was still typing :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Great minds think alike! :wink:
Grizz
Digger

Post by Digger »

The mag was a 200 lb xbow and was replsced by the Exocet 200 and the mag went on to become the max 225 lb.
The mag was introduced in 1996 till 2004. It was the big boy on the block while being produced, it started as a 185 lbthen improvements to a 200ber at 330 fps.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Big John

c

Post by Big John »

Oh, I miss my Exomag. :( The Best Excal so far to me. Make sure you hold on to it.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Every time I see an Exomag, I think about you John. Haven't found one yet/ I know that you've been looking for one for quite some time. I'm still keeping an eye out for one for ya :wink:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Originally the Exomag was 185#.

At least it was in 2001 when I first started crossbow hunting.

It is a good bow for sure.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

John is right, the Exomag was the best of all the Excal ever manufactured. I have one of the last Exomags made, and I can attest to that.
Even though I also own an Exocet #175 which in my mind is only second to the Mag, and a customized Vortex, which is not far behind my Exocet, I'm planning on keeping my Mag for a little while longer. I figure the longer I own it the more it will be worth. :wink:

Of course, if someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse, then I might part with it. :)
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
bow hunter

Post by bow hunter »

I own an Exomag myself. It shoots great. Previous to that I owned an Exocet 175# that I bought in 1994. Shot a lot of deer with it. Traded up just in case I ever wanted to chase moose. Took 2 does with the mag last year. Both went less than 50 yds before expiring.
JRS

Post by JRS »

bow hunter wrote:I own an Exomag myself. It shoots great. Previous to that I owned an Exocet 175# that I bought in 1994. Shot a lot of deer with it. Traded up just in case I ever wanted to chase moose. Took 2 does with the mag last year. Both went less than 50 yds before expiring.
If you bought your Exocet in 1994, it was a 165 lb bow. The Exocet became a 175 lb bow the same time that the Exomag went from 185 to 200 lbs.