where are crossbows allowed during regular archery seasons?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

njxbow

where are crossbows allowed during regular archery seasons?

Post by njxbow »

i was wondering which states or provinces allow crossbows during regular archery seasons. i would like to take my crossbow on a trip instead of a rifle or muzzleloader.
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

I know for sure OHIO.
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

State Regulations on Crossbow Usage

(14 states) Allow crossbows use in archery season by everyone (including non-physically challenged individuals) in one form or another.

The following is the breakdown of that crossbow usage in archery season:

(9 states) Wyoming, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia, Ohio and South Carolina allow crossbows for everyone the entire archery season.

(4 States) Indiana, Florida, Kentucky and Maryland allow crossbows to be used by everyone during a portion of the archery season.

(1 state) Pennsylvania allows crossbows to be used by everyone in archery season in urban areas.

(17 states) Washington, Idaho, Utah, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, North Carolina, West Virginia, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Hawaii and Vermont allow physically challenged hunters to use a crossbow in archery season. These states do not allow any of the physically challenged hunters to use any other type of hunting tool during the archery season.

(13 states) California, Alaska, Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Montana, Nebraska, Missouri, Minnesota, Michigan, Delaware, New Hampshire and Maine allow crossbow use in the firearms season.

(3 states) Illinois (62), Mississippi (65) and Wisconsin (65) and allow non-physically challenged hunters to use a crossbow at a certain age.

(2 states) Nevada and Oregon do not allow the use of crossbows for any reason.

(1 state) new York the crossbow is illegal except those that can not wiggle one finger and have to use a breath tube trigger

As of June 28, 2008 - Subject to change at any time...
:wink:
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

WW Md has a 2 week season in Oct and then again in Jan. But with a disability all season.

You want to come hunt Md let me know.
Digger

Post by Digger »

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Tennessee it is legal :D :D
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
njxbow

Post by njxbow »

thanks to all for the info, there's some real nice out of state possibilities. and starting with the 2009/2010 deer seasons, new jersey's archery seasons will be open to crossbows which is great considering that in my area of the state, bow season starts in september and runs pretty much to the end of february.
mikej

Post by mikej »

crossbows are legal in ontario
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

OH-IO! September to February.