Tonights hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Tyler and I were put in a bad position last year that involved a big rattler and not thinking, I posted the episode on here with a photo and was reminded by Wabi that I could have possibly incriminated myself. So many laws here in NC are senseless but I will defend myself in my family. Tyler was in immediate danger but what would I had to have gone through to prove it? Who knows but I don't need that kind of inconvenience in my life right now. Saxman was perfectly legal in harvesting this snake as long as it was on private land, which it was. I think what Grizz is reminding us is to know your state's laws and be ready to justify your actions. Just think twice before you hit the submit button. As a fellow forum member said "SSS" (shoot, shovel & shut up) :wink:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

We might see a Copper head now and then but this is what I see the most

Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

No problems here, Mike! :D

Everything I post is said with goodwill ... and usually with good humor! :D

You'd have to try mighty hard to tick me off!

Ray is exactly right:

As I stressed, I'M SURE SAX KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING.

However, this forum has such a family-type atmosphere that we are very unguarded in our conversations.

It's important to remember that not everyone who sees what we post is a member of the family! :wink:

As for the Wildlife Enforcement officers, they've got a job to do, and we applaud them for doing it well. That said, we don't want to make it necessary for them to make a case on us for doing what we needed to do. Sometimes the laws are nonsensical and inconvenient ... as is the case with our "no handgun" rule and protected poisonous snakes rule.
Grizz
mikej

Post by mikej »

i agree ray, grizz i didn't mean for my question to make this into a question of saxs snake legal or not i'm sure it was sax i appologise i was just wondering how the whole thing worked with the officers browsing the forums sorry again sax

mike
mikej

Post by mikej »

md what kind of snake is that
catcher

Post by catcher »

Way to go SAX. There is only one good snake. A Dead snake. I hate the critters.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

In an effort to keep Sax from having to explain anything to the good people at the Florida Division of Wildlife, I offer another version of the hunt with photo documentation.

saxman

Post by saxman »

Grizz,you are absolutly right and caution should be used at all times.
I am old school when it comes to hunting areas and snakes are killed and at home,other than that I leave them alone.

Good solid advice,as always.
I put the cart before the horse. :cry:

Mike P.
I love it,I feel better already and more handsome than ever. :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

mikej wrote:i agree ray, grizz i didn't mean for my question to make this into a question of saxs snake legal or not i'm sure it was sax i appologise i was just wondering how the whole thing worked with the officers browsing the forums sorry again sax
mike
You're fine, buddy. :D

Nothing to be sorry about. 8)
Grizz
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

That snake must have been taking Enzyte! Seems like everything about smilin bob is long! :oops:
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Fortunately, Smilin' Bob isn't one of the snakes we're afflicted with here in NC. :D :wink:
Grizz
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Mike P wrote:In an effort to keep Sax from having to explain anything to the good people at the Florida Division of Wildlife, I offer another version of the hunt with photo documentation.

I like it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya'll are killin me :wink:

I have no problem what so ever with the law here and am not encouraging anyone to do the same but I myself take protection with me during archery season and am willing to accept the consequences if "searched". I f any of you could have been with Tyler and I last year you'd be saying the same. I truly believe that if I had not has "protection that Tyler would have been bitten. It's a risk that I am willing to take but again, I'm not saying that it's ok to break the law. Did all of that make sence?
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

raydaughety wrote: I have no problem what so ever with the law here and am not encouraging anyone to do the same but I myself take protection with me during archery season ...
You know, Ray, I heard about another big hairy dude in East NC who likes to supplement his crossbow with a little "iron" in the pocket ... whatever the rules may say.

At least, I heard he does. 8) :wink:
Grizz
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Grizzly Adam wrote: I heard about another big hairy dude in East NC who likes to supplement his crossbow with a little "iron" in the pocket ...
Is there no end to the influence of enzyte?
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Mike P wrote:
Grizzly Adam wrote: I heard about another big hairy dude in East NC who likes to supplement his crossbow with a little "iron" in the pocket ...
Is there no end to the influence of enzyte?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Grizz