Oh boy did I have an encounter today with an anti!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TPM

Post by TPM »

Are you a fruitarian?

Vegetarian?
No, I'm a meatetarian... :D
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

It makes me mad how uneducated these people are and are sucked in by the stereotype of "hunting". Im sure the movie Bambi didnt help! Im glad I kept my cool, but I have to honestly say, if my brother wasn't there I probably who have let her have it!

Matt
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

If I only had a dime for every time I heard "oh, you kill bambis mother" after telling someone I am a hunter I would be a rich, rich man. Unfortunatly I usually try to hide the fact I am a hunter to "regular" folk because I am ashamed of the bad press around hunting. Or if I do tell someone that I hunt, I will also explain how highly I respect and enjoy watching deer year round. Its not my fault their beautiful AND tasty! Non-hunters dont realize that they have us to thank for most of what they do in the nature that the govt provides. Where does the money come for all the parks, etc..? Part of that we hunters pay for. They also dont realize that hunters play an important role in consevation. By they way, who brought back the deer population after such a huge decline? next time you enjoy watchiing a deer feeding in the woods behind your house, be sure to say a silent "thanks" to the hunter. There. I think Im done my rant :oops: Sorry, Anti"s just piss me off! Droptine you did good by walking away. This way she looks like the fool.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
killshot

Post by killshot »

[quote=" This way she looks like the fool.[/quote]

X2
Normous

Post by Normous »

Whenever I hear the "You Kill Bambi thing" from some uninformed lost soul, I simply remind them that Bambi is only a fictitious Walt Disney character that does not exist in real life, only in a cartoon. Nobody has had a come back for that one.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

you should have asked her out on a date if your not married.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
huntman

Post by huntman »

bstout wrote:More than likely that same woman believes that milk & eggs come from the grocery store.

You did the right thing, DropTine.
lol :lol: :lol:
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

If you have ever worn camo into a Wal-Mart you might be a redneck. I are a redneck. Have a heart, my wife told me so, not sure about the brain part as those innocent animals usually prove to be smarter than I am. :?
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Im with TPM on that only the guilty ones How funny TPM..

anyway boy Im spoiled I guess..around these parts folks where camo everywhere. men women children everyone.I would venture to say if something like that happened at our local wally world. Well heck my wife or my daughter may just be in a fight for sure. I understand walking away from trouble but I also believe in standing up for or God given rights FIRM. I would have walked away as well im sure but if wife was there Im sure there would be trouble..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

Yesterday I had xbowkidd helping my son and I work on a small job and he told us he had a run in with an anti also at a Christmas dinner. Akward. His step relative ,who was the antis brother, later told him he did well and she's been an ass since birth. She had all facts screwed up. He kept his cool and she was a bit loud. Could this be the same person? Boy she must be lonely. Where's TYE when you need him the most? :lol: :lol:
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
Stash

Post by Stash »

On the rare occasion I meet somone like that I say "Yeah, I feel a little bad, but they TASTE GREAT!!!" and just walk away.
DanO

Post by DanO »

You did well walking away. The only way to win that arguement with the public (onlookers) is to show more control and class than she does. Most people are non-hunters not antihunters. Their waiting to see how you are going to portray hunters in general. Good job!

She is argueing from emotion not logic. Nothing you can say will change her mind. Trust me on this one. I was a science teacher for 32 years and I had many discussions in class relating to hunting. I taught a fisheries and wildlife management unit at the high school level so it wasn't off topic, in case anyone is wondering. You can't win with antis but you can refuse to act like they do. A smile and wave as you walk away certainly does set them off as someone else mentioned.

I have as little to do with the public as posible when I'm entering or exiting the area I hunt. Anyone else time their move to the car so as to avoid an encounter with the public.

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
liaf

Post by liaf »

I usually say I don't shoot Bambi I shoot Bambi's father. Now, I can say that I don't shoot the innocent ones only the guilty or the one saying Yeah, I feel a little bad but they taste great. I realized you can't talk to these people so you might as well have some witty comeback :)
Vortex, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point --Phoenix, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point.
Straightshooter

Post by Straightshooter »

Sorry to hear that DropTine, some people just don't know. You did alot better than me, she would of heard something, then i would of asked her out to dinner at my place for some deer roast and gravy. Now I'm heading to Walmart with my camo on to find a date for New Years.LOL
stubblejumper

Post by stubblejumper »

A couple of months ago, I was going through the checkout at the grocery store and had a hunting magazine in with the groceries. The checkout girl said "You hunt? how can you shoot a cute little deer?" I said I'd rather shoot it and eat it than hit it with my truck and have it wasted. She said she'd never thought of that and she had recently hit one with her car.
I explained that the meat was chemical free, not like the beef they sell, and she hadn't thought of that either. We chatted about hunting some more and as I paid for the groceries she actually wished me luck this season.
Back in high school me and some buddies were talking about hunting and one girl said "How can you shoot a poor defenseless deer?" and I said" I pick up the rifle point and shoot.At least they have had a chance to live a free life in the wild, not like the cattle your dad raises." Her dad had the largest feedlot in the county but she never thought it was bad to eat beef.