pse xbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

warningshot

pse xbow

Post by warningshot »

saw this on another sight....it's just a little bit too much bow for me ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FdWkBJ4sdU
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

It looks as if it has more military applications than hunting. Still….. that’s stroking!
Crockett&boon

Post by Crockett&boon »

i'd like to shoot one sounds cool
excalibur equinox ,lumizone,groundpounder mount,boo string
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

how would you carry that thing in the field ?? Shooting from a tree stand would be another experience . I think they also said it was the only crossbow that could be let down without firing an arrow into the ground. :?
wabi

Post by wabi »

The big drawback to that type of crossbow is the looks.
I see anti-crossbow groups frequently latching on to pictures of models like that to use in the fight against legalizing crossbows in archery seasons everywhere. Can't say I blame them either! If I was setting on a game commission board listening to a discussion and saw pictures of that you'd have a hard time convincing me a crossbow is just like any other bow!!!!!!!!
Marketing greed may be a serious enemy of crossbow acceptance.
He even frequently calls it a GUN in the interview. If I were fighting crossbow (them evil old cross-GUNS) inclusion in my state's archery season you can bet I'd have that clip in my presentation. :shock:

One thing I do find interesting is that my local pro-shop owner, who has been a PSE dealer/service center for years will not stock or recommend PSE crossbows. In a discussion between us he revealed to me that he does not believe they are safe or reliable. :wink: He recommends Horton, Barnett, TenPoint, or Excalibur depending on the customer's likes and budget.
wabi
Crockett&boon

Post by Crockett&boon »

you can take barnett out of that statement it was the first one i owned 2 shots would hit the center of a target 3ed would be 3ft. to the left if i remember it was like a rc300 sent it back everything nothing was ever wrong 5 dozen arrows later and 3 bucks mised 1 hit 2ft from aim point (aiming at heart ..hit base of skull) i went and tossed it in the mississippi river no one will ever be able to sell me on a barnett crossbow again ..
excalibur equinox ,lumizone,groundpounder mount,boo string
diesel

Post by diesel »

You got that right wabi. I was just over @ stickbow.com if you want to get pi$$ed off just go read the thread about being aloud to hunt with a crossbow it Penn. now.
Why can't people remember we are all hunters and we need each other.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I recently made the mistake of trying to defend crossbows on a traditional archery forum. You can't offer an argument to someone who already has their mind made up. :roll:
I tried to argue they are bows (cross + BOW is the name!) but some people just won't budge on their opinion.
With models like this PSE it's harder to make an argument since they use rifle parts interchangeably to make the bow work! I can just hear the cries of CROSSGUN coming from the opposition. :evil:
wabi
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

I saw this creation at the ATA show-its rather quiet. rather long and heavy. Since ATF considers the receiver to be a gun, the legal implications will be interesting.
TNC and ACF Member
NFAA and NAA Certified Coach
M&M

Post by M&M »

I do enjoy seeing people continuing to try to develope a better bow you get to see a lot of neat stuff but did you notice how long that thing was!! I think it could be quite awkward in a tree stand or ground blind. M&M
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

http://www.pse-archery.com/prod.php?k=55444&u=01135

also, you can only shoot the arrows that PSE makes for me...

the grip looks like a Glock style grip!

hense the name on the limbs... ATF! I doubt that makes much of a appearance in the hunting world, unless you are hunting people

1300bucks

I'd like to own one to play with, but its not a hunting bow
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

Wow! You need to take a manual along to the feild to operate that BAD BOY. Tripod, extra tools for repairs. Whew, i'm getting winded just listening to him :oops: How many moving parts do you need? You could shoot an Excal 3x by the time you crank that one in, load and aim for 1 shot. :lol: :lol:
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Is it just me or does it look like the Stryker? PSE is not the first to break the 400fps. Gimme an excal anyday. My excal will outlast me, those high stung chinese peices of _____ look like a string could take your head off.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
fletch

Post by fletch »

He makes the statement that "people have said they'd be happy to hunt during the firearms season" if they keep going faster faster and making statements like " our engineers were shooting 1" groups at 100 yards" that will be the ONLY season we will be allowed to use them in. Not the direction we should be heading, of course this only my opinion. What's yours?
Exomax w/ Lumizone
custom Boo string w/silencers
GT II's w/r helical 4 deg offset
Slik Triks and Lumenoks
cabinfever

Post by cabinfever »

No one who considers himself a good hunter would shoot at any animal at
100 yards with a bow even if you can hit a 1inch group at 100 yards. In a
hunting situation there is to many things that can go wrong. :roll:
exocet 200
grounponder
lumizone