Excalibur Pixel target bow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jim C

Excalibur Pixel target bow

Post by Jim C »

LIz and I saw this at the ATA show. IT is a smaller Excalibur stock with a 40 pound prod. Same quality frame and trigger as the other bows-gold like the old Point Blanc. They also have the APEX bow with both the 90 or so pound limbs and the new 40 pound limbs for those who want the regular length of pull.

So we ordered one for my boy who just turned 11. He has always wanted to shoot target xbow but he is too small to handle even a point blanc and the 16 pound TNC target bows are way beyond his ability. Today the Pixel arrived from Danny Miller. I put a scope mount on it with one of those easily available AR 15 flattop sights. The advantage of this is it has windage adjustment and has two different size apertures. Plus it sits up higher giving a better range.

The bow is extremely quiet and has no real vibration and recoil. the limbs do not have string nocks-rather there is a hole in each limb end and you feed the dacron string through it and loop it back around the end. After Ian has shot the bow a few hundred times, I will report on the durability as well as the accuracy.

This bow is legal for NAA/TNC events and seems to be a wonderful way to teach young archers with. My son is only about 67 pounds and can cock the bow on his own.
TNC and ACF Member
NFAA and NAA Certified Coach
wabi

Post by wabi »

It's my understanding you can also put a regular set of limbs on the bow as your boy grows and increase the poundage but keep the short length of pull.
I think Excalibur may have a winner in this model! It can get a youngster interested, then grow with them for a few years! :D
wabi
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

wabi wrote:It's my understanding you can also put a regular set of limbs on the bow as your boy grows and increase the poundage but keep the short length of pull.
I think Excalibur may have a winner in this model! It can get a youngster interested, then grow with them for a few years! :D
Yeah it looks like the normal riser would fit on this with the 90pound limbs. Danny has done some work on them where he has cut the rail down so you get lighter than the 90 pounds due to a shorter power stroke-plus for short people its easier to cock. I might get one of those as well.

we only shot it a few times before we went to JOAD and the first shots went high with light 2114 TNC legal target bolts. (18M) I suspect a heavy 2219 will be just about right at that distance. I wish excalibur kept the screw mounted front sight rather than the dovetail because Danny made up some brackets that would fit where I could put a Check It target sight extension.
TNC and ACF Member
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

Will try one of these days-its the excalibur scope mount with one of these

http://www.m-aparts.com/productsDetail.asp?id=499

or one of these-i have used both

http://www.m-aparts.com/productsDetail.asp?id=500

TNC and ACF Member