Nikon Monarch Red Dot Scope?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Chris Dillard

Nikon Monarch Red Dot Scope?

Post by Chris Dillard »

Anybody have experiance with this red dot scope. I noticed its advertised to have 1 moa as opposed to most other red dots that are 3 to 5 moa. It has a single dot instead of 3 or 4 stacked. I think it should be quite accurate for what it is. Any good or bad reviews out there?
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Nikon has some pretty good stuff for the money, it should work if that suit's you.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Chris Dillard

Post by Chris Dillard »

I wish Alabama would allow scopes with magification. The red dot is my only alternative or I could continue the peep and pin. Dont get me wrong the factory sights have been very good to me just wanting to try something new. I've shot several of my buddies red dots with the single and multiple stacked dots. I feel most comfortable with the single dot, guess it go's back to years of only using one pin on horizontal and vertical bows.
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax
mikej

Post by mikej »

Chris Dillard wrote:I wish Alabama would allow scopes with magification.
i'm sure over time that will change
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Chris Dillard

Post by Chris Dillard »

Mike I hope your right that would be sweet. Im just glad we get to use crossbow. :D
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax
mikej

Post by mikej »

Chris Dillard wrote:Mike I hope your right that would be sweet. Im just glad we get to use crossbow. :D
that's true , PA hadd banned scopes when they first decided to allow crossbows then within a month or so removed that ban also. i'm not sure where they stand now if everything has passed or not yet . i haven't heard anymore news
Bambiblaster

Post by Bambiblaster »

[that's true , PA hadd banned scopes when they first decided to allow crossbows then within a month or so removed that ban also. i'm not sure where they stand now if everything has passed or not yet . i haven't heard anymore news[/quote]

So far its still a go for CB with scope. Now we wait for the July meeting and see if its for just 3 yrs or they going to change again. The 2009-2010 licenses are out and include CB's w scope. Wonder how they are able to change after already in print. Just have to see I guess
EXCAL VORTEX
S5
VARI-ZONE
LUMINOCK FIREBOLTS
CROSS TRICKS
WYVERN QUIVER MOUNT
Treelimb 3-Arrow Quiver
Bob1961 Red Cocking Rope
mikej

Post by mikej »

Bambiblaster wrote:
So far its still a go for CB with scope. Now we wait for the July meeting and see if its for just 3 yrs or they going to change again. The 2009-2010 licenses are out and include CB's w scope. Wonder how they are able to change after already in print. Just have to see I guess
good luck , we hope it passes for more than 3 years
DeepSouthHunter

Post by DeepSouthHunter »

Chris,

I'm using this one (http://www.bushnell.com/general/riflesc ... 3-0135.cfm) on my Exocet. This coming season will be my first hunting with it and the crossbow so I can't give any reviews of it in a hunting situation. I do like the option of red or green light and the different reticles. The smallest dot is 3 moa and it is small enough IMO. I would be afraid that the 1 moa dot may actually be too small but I've never seen one before to know for sure.
Exocet 200 with "THE RIGHT STUFF" STANDARD PACKAGE
Chris Dillard

Post by Chris Dillard »

What do you think about the Bushnell Red Dot so far? Seem pretty durable, accurate?
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

TruGlo makes makes a reflex sight (like a tiny TV) with no mag but has 4 dots just for crossbows. The distance between the dots can be changed to one of 4 settings to more closer match the trajectory of the arrow. And the color can be changed form red to green. They are light and compact but relatively fragile; I wouldn't bang it against the tree when pulling bow to stand. As with any red dot you depend on a battery to shoot.
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

One thing I've learned, from a bb gun to a 458winchester mag your only going to shoot a well as you see, If possible go with the best you can buy, you won't regret it :wink:

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
cabinfever

Post by cabinfever »

I have that red dot on the Horton that I handed down to my son. The 1moa was great for me and the single red dot was the feature that made me buy it, the multidot seemed for me to be to crowded in the small window.
exocet 200
grounponder
lumizone
mathews switchback
high country extreme
DeepSouthHunter

Post by DeepSouthHunter »

Chris Dillard wrote:What do you think about the Bushnell Red Dot so far? Seem pretty durable, accurate?
I've only taken about 3 shots with it on the bow and haven't even sighted it in yet so I really can't answer that fairly. I've played with it inside the house plenty of times though! :lol: I hope to get me a new target set up soon and start shooting regularly. My old target is worn out and the bolts bury up to the fletchings so I stopped shooting at that one.
Exocet 200 with "THE RIGHT STUFF" STANDARD PACKAGE
Chris Dillard

Post by Chris Dillard »

I prefer the single dot also. Im not really locked in to a specific brand trying to get the most bang for the buck though.
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax