Ebay not seller friendly!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

groundpounder

Ebay not seller friendly!

Post by groundpounder »

Here is yet another reason to dislike ebay! I have not used ebay in a while since I always seem to have trouble with people on it. A while back it changed where sellers can receive negative feedback but buyers could not. (I'm still 100% positive on there) I had someone win the bid on my mount then decided they did not want it. I tried to give them negative feedback but ebay would not allow me to do that. It cost me time, a hassle, and I still had my fees unless I relisted or disputed the claim :evil: Well, I decided to post a mount on it again this week and it sold. I received payment through paypal but ebay has now put a hold on the payment :evil: It appears they have found yet another way to get more money out of sellers on there to use their services. I'm attaching the letter that I received.

You've received a payment, detailed below. We’ve placed a temporary hold on the funds for this transaction.
PayPal and eBay are working together to make payments for eBay items even safer. Because we want both buyers and sellers to feel confident about sending and receiving payments through PayPal, we may temporarily hold payments for items sold on eBay.
Make sure to ship the item right away, so you'll have access to the funds sooner. We’ll release the hold in 21 days unless you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold. We may release the hold earlier if either of the following occurs:
The buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay.
We confirm that the item was delivered.* We can confirm delivery if you ship the item with USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either use PayPal shipping labels or upload tracking information from the transaction details page. This applies to transactions within the United States.
Additional hold period
If you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold, we may hold the payment until the problem is resolved.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Why ride when you can walk!
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

They are getting out of hand with there fees and there rules. I think you could call it " GREED" Things will change only when people stop using them. Trouble is they have a monopoly.
I am a hunter and proud of it.
fireguy

Post by fireguy »

I find Ebay not bad ....JUST DONT use PAYPAL...money order is better and less fees....just my thoughts...works for me..
fireguy
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I don't paypal offices are in the US, nor AMERICAN OWNED, had to deal with them once couldn't understand what they saying ,worse than verizon

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
wabi

Post by wabi »

Thinking about just letting my seller account be closed by eBay. Recently got a notice that because my back-up payment method (credit card) was going to expire they were going to disable the account. The last few items I sold were almost given away by the time I paid all the fees, and less than 50% of the buyers leave feedback. I had one buyer email me over 30 days after USPS delivered the item asking if I had shipped the item. I replied with a copy of the delivery confirmation and heard no more.

The last 2 purchases I made were not as advertised. One was the wrong item shipped and when I contacted the seller they said they had posted the wrong ad (they did refund my payment in full). The most recent was 3 pairs of coveralls ordered and when I received the package only 1 was inside. Supposedly the other 2 are on their way after 3 phone calls to the seller. :roll:
wabi
mikej

Post by mikej »

what a rip off , thanks for sharing your experiences with us
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
subneural

Post by subneural »

Thanks for sharing - more justification NOT to use ebay. I used to appreciate their service and didn't mind paying the fee's, back when they were reasonable. But as of late once you add up your selling fee's and transaction fee's (particularily for paypal) it's just not worth it.

I have found that using Kijiji and topic-specific forums (like this one) and accepting EMT payments is now the way to go. Win-win for both buyers and sellers.
Boo-strung, GroundPounded and Varizoned Phoenix, sold.
PSE Brute X pushing Easton Flatlines topped with Rage 3-blades.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Glad you posted that. I've got a bunch of stuff from my step-dad's pawn/gun shop that I had been selling on Gunbroker & Ebay. A lot of the stuff I couldn't list on Ebay because of all of their stupid restrictions on guns and gun parts. :x Looks like when I start listing the stuff again it will be entirely on Gunbroker. :D
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I use ebay for homing in on tough stuff to find like black Vixens.

I'll never let one of those pass!
Main reason I got the kid a poop brown Vixen. Thanks alot you old pirate!! :D
"Eze 18:21"
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

I too have quit selling on ebay and a long time ago I quit using Paypal. They came very close to costing me a lot of money. To top it off, they said they would help....then started dunning me for more dollars. Fortunately it worked out in the end or at least I did not lose more than $5, but that ended my Paypal account fast.

There is a site called http://www.paypalsucks.com but Firefox says the site is not longer safe.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I use ebay for homing in on tough stuff to find like black Vixens.

I'll never let one of those pass!
Main reason I got the kid a poop brown Vixen. Thanks alot you old pirate!! :D
"Eze 18:21"
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Ebay owns paypal so actullay there makeing money on both ends now. They sock you for listing fees sock you when your item sells, and then sock you again when you use pay-pal!!!
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
dw

Post by dw »

i'm just curious, i just sold 14 items last week and did not have a hold put on anything. how long ago did they do this to you. an ad in my local paper costs like $25.00 for the weekend edition and it only covers part of my state. i really dont have a gripe about the ebay fees because they are viewable worldwide. you can also specify no paypal and not have to pay the paypal fee and have your money with held.
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

Sold for awhile and it got to be a hassle. I was trying to be the good guy and the buyer often left me out hanging. Yet when I bought the seller couldn't believe how fast I paid or responded. Called ethic's I believe.
peter p

Post by peter p »

I don't know but it looks like ebay is protecting the buyer.
I think they want to make sure that the buyer gets his item before they pay the seller.
Maybe to many buyers got ripped off because the sellers received the money and never sent the item.