MAXIMUS CROSSBOWS.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bait pile willie

MAXIMUS CROSSBOWS.

Post by bait pile willie »

in the latest OOD mag. is an ad for these crossbows,from the picture they look identical to excal. are the chinese clones?lake huron rod and gun lists one for$729.oo-225lbs,speed 370fps,4 arrows,quiver.striger.cocking aid.also in200,175and150lb pulls.ther web site iswww.maximuscrossbows.com, but oly a piece on new jersy comes up.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I just received my issue today. Im going look them up out of curiosity. I dont think excal has anything to fear though.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

The add has a website, and the website is not up yet.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Boo

Post by Boo »

What the heck is an accelatom-lazer matrix molecule? Is it the same thing as a gobbledygook?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Boo wrote:What the heck is an accelatom-lazer matrix molecule?

I thought you would never ask!

First you have to understand Molecular Dynamics and how to run a steered simulation to pull a ligand from its binding site. As soon as they have been pulled apart completely and atoms start crossing periodic boundaries you can measure the pulling acceleration in picometers/picosecond^2. But I assume you already knew that.

NOTE - this only works as long the complex ligand doesn't cross a periodic boundary

You then put the pulled ligands (I have also used pulled pork with some success) in the accelatomiser 5000, activate the lazer and wham, you have your molecule.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Mike P wrote:

First you have to understand Molecular Dynamics and how to run a steered simulation to pull a ligand from its binding site. As soon as they have been pulled apart completely and atoms start crossing periodic boundaries you can measure the pulling acceleration in picometers/picosecond^2. But I assume you already knew that.

NOTE - this only works as long the complex ligand doesn't cross a periodic boundary

You then put the pulled ligands (I have also used pulled pork with some success) in the accelatomiser 5000, activate the lazer and wham, you have your molecule.
So it's the same thing then right?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Correct! :lol:
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I just veiwed the ad. Man, that thing looks like a carbon copy of an excalibur. from the riser, to the limbs.. even the thumb hole stock. Dare i say the camo even looks close.

imitation is the highest form of flattery ??
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
saxman

Post by saxman »

Mike P wrote:

Mike,is the accelatomiser 5000 the floor model or the turbo charged?
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
dutchhunter

florr model

Post by dutchhunter »

it is the one with the muffler barings .i do not think xcal has anything to worry about DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

They call these Maximus crossbows "The Bone Splitter" line, which come in four draw weights 150, 175, 200 and 225 pounds. They claim that the 225 pound model features arrow speeds up to 370 fps. They come complete with quivers, four bolts, crossbow stringer, rope coking aid, 2X7 scope and scope mount. MSRP $699.99-899.99.

From the pic in the ad, it looks identical to Excalibur's models.
Here's the link to their website.

MAXIMUS CROSSBOWS

Bill/Peter, the site has no info on it yet. However, I suggest you look into this issue and nip it in the bud, before they populated the webpage.
Last edited by ComfyBear on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Mike P wrote: You then put the pulled ligands (I have also used pulled pork with some success) in the accelatomiser 5000, activate the lazer and wham, you have your molecule.
What kind of sauce for lube, Mike?

Vinegar-based or red? :?: :P :lol: :wink:
Grizz
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Grizzly Adam wrote:
What kind of sauce for lube, Mike?

Vinegar-based or red? :?: :P :lol: :wink:
Has to be red grizz to achieve a strong and stable molecule.

We tried the vinegar based but found the molecules to be unstable and only useful when incorporated into demolition derby barricades and metal mash vats utilized at stills.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I am looking forward to Bills opinion on this, I am sure he is aware of the bow but it runs deeper than that. Bill runs a full page add for Excalibur in that magazine, a tremendous expense, plus the fact that Excalibur is a major sponsor for OFAH, who supplied that magazine to my home because of the membership. For the magazine to not only allow advertisments for a clone but to also support it represents a huge conflict of interest.
I look forward to watching this unfold, clones piss me off.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
fletch

Post by fletch »

If Lake Huron rod and gun is selling these I hope Bill and his high paid legal team take care of it right away. From the picture you can't tell the difference looks exact. Middleton under a new name possibly??????
Go get em boys!
Exomax w/ Lumizone
custom Boo string w/silencers
GT II's w/r helical 4 deg offset
Slik Triks and Lumenoks