Wisconsin Bowhunters association WBA

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: Wisconsin Bowhunters association WBA

Post by Doe Master »

Christo with a post like that for your first . :) WOW!!
Welcome to the forum :D
But you are totally correct . The seasons for whatever creature should not be MY season but OUR season .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Doe Master wrote:Christo with a post like that for your first . :) WOW!!
Welcome to the forum :D
But you are totally correct . The seasons for whatever creature should not be MY season but OUR season .

X2

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

VERY well said Christo..

You're right - To me the present day WBH is just a "whats in it for us" type of organization..

Pity that such an organization still exists today..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Well, got a few years on you, Bob. I started out w/ a 25# lemonwood stick bow when I was about 8 yrs old in '55 or so. Neither my parents nor myself could even string it, my aunt did it as she worked w/ the Scouts and their archery program.

Arrows were $0.35 @ or 'three for a buck' at the local Piggly Wiggly store. My allowance was $1.00 per week. I'd go through every arrow in the display while Ma shopped for the weekly grub, lol.

Between getting down on my knees looking for them under the grass and wiping baseboards for that $1.00, I'm amazed my knees aren't worse than they are now. I shot right handed while having a left master eye.

I managed to take a few deer w/ a recurve while in my 20's, but every shot at one was preceeded by the same prayer, lol.

1st shots w/ a compound were in the late '80's, buddy had an 'over-draw' setup. I put 5 in a group the size of a coffee cup at 25 yds [not the bull] but wasn't interested in them, wouldn't shoot a bhead behind my hand. Loved the advantage those sights gave me, even right handed.
"Eze 18:21"
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

You're taking me WAAAAY back. I had my Ma trained to pull a Tide box on the clothes line so I could practice for pheasants, didn't know of 'flu-flu's in those days!

I once built a tunnel to where the ducks would feed every eve in a corn field behind the barn w/ rebar fence posts for elec. fences and bailing twine off hay bales the old man would loop over braces in barn when 'we' fed the 40 head of cattle hay, then covered w/ picked corn stalks.. Seemed 5 miles long back then, but was probably under 100 yds by todays measure, lol. Ended up gigging a drake mallard and watched him fly off w/ $0.35 worth of arrow hanging out of him.

I eventually decided I needed 'more power, Capt' so built my own bow from osage orange w/ arrow shafts from center of a lilac bush. Cut down fired paper .410 shells and used kernals of corn, Elmers glue to fab 'blunts'. Got a few rabbits and doves w/ that rig. I was a tweaker at a young age, lol.

Archery has changed more in our lifetimes than the last several thousand years. Sometimes, I lament the fact that today's kids are missing out on the high points of our youth.

Sorry to get so far O/T and we still have sling shots and BB guns to do, lol.
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

Nothing bothers me more than the arrogance of some people wo whine that their form of archery is "holier" than others. Especially people shooting high let off wheel bows with mechanical releases. These jerks who want to ban or exclude crossbows are the worst of the lot--I rank them below PETA because they are traitors to the pro hunting cause.

And before the WBH guy starts ranting I am Olympic recurve archer who has won the Ohio overall recurve trophy Six times, 8 regional medals and a national bronze. I have coached several national recurve champions including the current Cadet NTC Sean Curtin, and NFAA recurve Champions, Daniel McLaughlin (world Junior team) Ian Coombe and ladies 50+ Indoor and outdoor BB (no sights no stabilizers) champion-my wife Liz. I also am the coach of the current #1 ranked Crossbow archer in North America.

Anyone who whines that Xbow archery is not archery is not worthy to be in the woods as far as I am concerned
TNC and ACF Member
NFAA and NAA Certified Coach
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Big vote coming to lower the legal age in Wi to 55 from 65. WBH is dead set against this. Much like NJBH last year [internal survey about split down the middle] ad naseum.

Here's a cut and paste job on their numbers in Wi. Kudo's to
Rancid Crabtree,[AKA: "Archer" on CBN] WBH officer, as posted on Wi Bowsite

Just so you know, WBH is a Corporation, registered with the state. I am unaware that WBH has ever been a "Club" It may have started that way some 70 years ago but that is no longer the case. also, WBH is seeing a slight growth and hovers around 6,500. Those 500 that you left off with a ~ would want me to inform you of that.

I wonder if you would do me the favor of explaining how the votes of those members at the annual meetings that helped set the stance on baiting neutrality are impacting non-member bowhunters? By it's very definition, neutrality is just that. You will also want to know that there were 257,346 bowhunters in 2009. There has not been ~225, 000 bowhunters since 1993.

>3%
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Did you get your anti-crossbow sticker?
http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/t ... WI#1830386
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Was TenPoint there?
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

rancid crabtree wrote:Yes, two booths down from the Wisconsin Traditional Archers Booth and across from a vendor selling long bows (Dwyers) Parker was there as well but every time I looked, there was nobody stopping at their booth. PSE was there with the TAC-15. I thanked them for being there. We sent plenty a visitor over there to see what a right proper AR-15 assault rifles looks like converted to a bowhunting tool. :D
Be sure to tell them next time about Pete Shipley taking a mulie at 106 yds w/ an X-Force and posting the vid on YouTube.

Briefly.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

rancid crabtree wrote:It was good to meet you on Saturday, as well as seeing the WI chapter chief of the American Crossbow Federation and ACG head Dan Hendricks at the deer expo. You will want to know that I laid down 30 hard earned dollars and joined the ACF on Sunday. :D As did 2 of my associates.
LOL.

Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer...
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

I was told that Wisconsin bowhunters set a harvest record this last season.

How much more "rebound" is needed?
Woody Williams

agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Woody Williams wrote:I was told that Wisconsin bowhunters set a harvest record this last season.

How much more "rebound" is needed?
If they set a harvest record it could mean a lot of things. Larger membership. More deer kill less deer remaining. Its how you look at it. I live here and I am telling you the deer herd is way down and the DNR is full of Crap.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Victory for the Good Guys! Check out the vote tally! Screw the WBH.
In Wisconsin....

From last night's statewide Conservation Congress hearings.

Question 86: Lower Crossbow Eligibility from 65 to Age 55:

In favor: 2,014 (53.3%)

Opposed: 1,767 (46.7%)
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
christo

Post by christo »

Interesting that the voting margin is considered 'pretty tight'. You realize that Obama won the 2008 presidential election by about the exact same margin the the press hailed it as a landslide victory, an American demand for change!

This is not a political discourse on Obama. I didn't vote for the man. But the votes are the votes. Sounds like change, it is a-comin.