very good idea for tree stands

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

very good idea for tree stands

Post by munch »

just found this on another site .sure looks like a good idea
http://www.treestandup.com/
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Limbs and Sticks

Re: very good idea for tree stands

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

All good :idea:'s but a lot safer and just as easy with two people, just my thoughts

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

all i do with my 12 foot ladder stand is place the feet at the base of the tree and walk it up, once the top is againest the tree i pick up the bottom and move it out till it's at the right spot.........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

bob1961 wrote:all i do with my 12 foot ladder stand is place the feet at the base of the tree and walk it up, once the top is againest the tree i pick up the bottom and move it out till it's at the right spot.........bob

Ditto! :wink:
Brenjen

Post by Brenjen »

agingcrossbower wrote:
bob1961 wrote:all i do with my 12 foot ladder stand is place the feet at the base of the tree and walk it up, once the top is againest the tree i pick up the bottom and move it out till it's at the right spot.........bob

Ditto! :wink:
Ditto x2 :wink: :wink:
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

i could have used a set off thoes last week for sure as i put most of mine up alone DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
dw

Post by dw »

hey i never said they could use my wife in that commercial :shock:
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

It does look like a good practical idea :idea:
I still hunt mainly from the ground though.
Why ride when you can walk!
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

Looks like a good idea with a 3am TV Commercial that you wake up to after falling asleep on the couch. :lol:
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

groundpounder wrote: I still hunt mainly from the ground though.
kinda hard from any tree stand i know of, or do you use stilts :lol: .........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I had to read it twice to get it :roll: Good one though :lol:
Why ride when you can walk!
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've been in a situation several times where those would have saved the day (and a lot of strain on my back).

The one-man ladder stands aren't too bad, but the 2-man is way too top heavy to control by just putting the base of the ladder against a tree. More than once I've had the ladder base shoot skyward while the platform/seat crashed to the ground with my back suddenly becoming a shock absorber. Not good for a healthy spine - let alone one with crumbling discs and fracture damage. :roll:
Now it's either a 2 (or 3) man job or it doesn't go up! :wink:
wabi
Brenjen

Post by Brenjen »

wabi wrote:I've been in a situation several times where those would have saved the day (and a lot of strain on my back).

The one-man ladder stands aren't too bad, but the 2-man is way too top heavy to control by just putting the base of the ladder against a tree. More than once I've had the ladder base shoot skyward while the platform/seat crashed to the ground with my back suddenly becoming a shock absorber. Not good for a healthy spine - let alone one with crumbling discs and fracture damage. :roll:
Now it's either a 2 (or 3) man job or it doesn't go up! :wink:
Still doesn't help the weight issue but you can keep the bottom rungs from shooting skyward like that & wrenching your back by lashing a bit of 550 para-cord around the last rung & the tree you have it against. Nothing fancy just a whip or three & a quick loop knot. I always carry para-cord with me when I'm out of the house, handy stuff.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

those are for the double buddie stands.. i have no issue what so ever with the basic 15ft stands that weigh under 70 pounds. But putting up a double stand and walking that up a tree doesnt work at all with one person LOL. Ive about killed myself a few times trying to get a double stand up alone. Onetime I threw it down and had to walk away before I broke my foot kicking the damn stand since it wouldnt go up :lol: Talk about being mad! Nothing worse than trying to get a stand up in august in the heat and it simply wont go up the tree. Ive tried the rope thing and how many times do you find a tree with a limb in the perfect place to pull the stand up right? Maybe 20% of the time if that :D

that looks like a neat idea but i still worry about the thing kicking out and coming back on you. The demo with the girl putting it up looks too good to be true since its ALOT of weight up top still. Wonder if they reduced the weight somehow LOL? Get above 10ft on a ladder and the weight would be to much I think to still do that alone. The 18ft buckbuster I just put up wouldnt work with one person since it would be 14ft of weight behind you trying to go up.

i may get some to try since it is a neat idea 8)