Dryfire mechanism

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mister B

Dryfire mechanism

Post by Mister B »

Okay guys, I just got through testing one of the ARC-INTER Stop Dryfire mechanisms for Excals. First let me say that opinions are like noses, everybody has one and I don't want to go sticking my opinion where it isn't wanted. If you are such a puritan that you do not deem such an item necessary... then ..simply don't buy one. Anyway, this thing is actually a catch-latch that prevents the string from going forward if no arrow is loaded, very similar to the one on my Tenpoint, only with a plus---It has a release lever which allows you to raise the catch latch with the same hand you pull the trigger with when uncocking. Now, I don't worry about running a cotton ball up and down my limbs after a dryfire, IN MY HONEST OPINION I now have the perfect crossbow. Well, maybe not. I am still considering a Vendetta Rangefinder.
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
one shot scott

Re: Dryfire mechanism

Post by one shot scott »

Thats the plus side of buying ad-ons, you can build to suit your tastes. Is it expensive?
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Sounds pretty interesting? Do you have any picks of it mounted to your Xbow?
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

I tried to post pic but couldn't get to work. Go to Crossbow Nation.com. A pic is posted there with the same post. Cost was 69.99. Instructions were simple. Only problem I had was removing the loc-tited screws on my bow. This thing is great.
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
secret

Post by secret »

That will "never" be on my bow...........Period!!!!! 69.99 and have too carry a target to unload plus a target arrow......Not Thats why Excaliburs are SUPERIOR
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Mister B wrote:very similar to the one on my Tenpoint, only with a plus---It has a release lever which allows you to raise the catch latch with the same hand you pull the trigger with when uncocking.

secret, why would you need to shoot it to uncock it? The way i read it you can bypass it to allow uncocking.
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
wabi

Post by wabi »

secret wrote:That will "never" be on my bow...........Period!!!!! 69.99 and have too carry a target to unload plus a target arrow......Not Thats why Excaliburs are SUPERIOR

Read his post carefully -
It has a release lever which allows you to raise the catch latch with the same hand you pull the trigger with when uncocking.
Did you actually test it, as in try to dry fire the bow?
Which model Excal do yoy have it on?
More details, please!
wabi
secret

Post by secret »

My friend has a Tenpoint and you have to shoot it to unload thats what i was going by. I f this is different then why install it? You cant remember to load your bow?
Exocet 200
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
wabi

Post by wabi »

secret wrote:My friend has a Tenpoint and you have to shoot it to unload thats what i was going by. I f this is different then why install it? You cant remember to load your bow?
Hate to admit it, but I have had a few dryfires over the years. It's not all that hard to get distracted and forget to load an arrow. :shock:

I probably won't buy one of these either, but it's nice to know they are available and will work for those members that might be interested.

As Mister B said:
If you are such a puritan that you do not deem such an item necessary... then ..simply don't buy one.
No one is telling you you need to buy one, he's just saying they are available and they do work.
wabi
secret

Post by secret »

i carry 2 arrows in my groundpounder this way you know when your bow is loaded! Its real hard to miss.
Exocet 200
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

Yes, I tested it and it was flawless on my Exocet 200. I also shot it to make sure it didn't alter my arrow flight. Typical for an Excal it was as dead accurate as it was before. And, the release lever is right above the safety and very easy to reach with the thumb while pressing the trigger with your finger to decock it as usual.
It just saves me having use cotton balls to check for limb damage, having to replace damaged STS bumpers, and keeps me from having to change the string (which I do just in case a strand broke under my serving) should I have another brain fart and dryfire it again.
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I have seen the picture it looks just like the scope mount with the dryfire mec worked into it.
If you want such an accs buy it if you do not then don't simple as that.
Tenpoint Matrix
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I am going to buy one and take the string stoppers and pads off to get the weight off the front of the bow.
Old Jim

Post by Old Jim »

Where can I buy one? Dealers in U.S.? Please post info.
Old Jim

Post by Old Jim »

Hay Secret! One nice thing about the Good old U.S. is that no one forces you to buy anything. I intend to buy one . I have 5 Excalibur bows and if it works as good as they say it does, I will buy your share and install them on all 5 bows of mine.