Dryfire mechanism

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

M&M

Re: Dryfire mechanism

Post by M&M »

TPM I hope your right but it seems to be a trend with some people for a while now. By the way, I agree completely with your signature block statement!
M&M
Tom

Post by Tom »

TPM wrote:.............. I can certainly admit it was stupid for me not to load the arrow and I stood a good chance of damaging my equipment but I fail to see where anyone's safety was comprimised.
This is not unique to the crossbow world. Spend eneough time on any fire-arms ranged and eventually you'll here some one's rifle or shotgun go "click". :?
I am sorry that you do not see your safety violation, but you even said it yourself. When you stopped paying attention to what you were about to do, that is not paying attention enough to forget to load the arrow into your bow, then that is a safety violation.

Loading a cracked arrow, arrow with no fletching, using a frayed string are all safety violations as well. there are many safety concerns that others will not think much about, but basically if someone could have been hurt, then there is a safety hazard.
Some of you folks amaze me the way you will beat a person down and try to make him feel like a complete idiot for having a different view of things its a shame. If you feel a need for this device buy it use it and enjoy shooting and hunting with your crossbow, if you don't feel a need for it don't buy it and still enjoy shooting and hunting with your bow but I think some of you are way too brutal in your manner of discussion because you don't agree big deal they aren't hurting you or anyone else
I sure hope that your above statement is directed at me because I was not attacking a person for their choice of an add on. It was just when I read the thread I felt that many new members would be lead that this device was the end to all dryfires which is incorrect. I was just pointing out that Safety is the only way you can stop a dryfire. IF you want one to use, then use it, But please do not rely on this device to stop a dryfire, learn your safety #1.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
TPM

Post by TPM »

Tom wrote:
TPM wrote:.............. I can certainly admit it was stupid for me not to load the arrow and I stood a good chance of damaging my equipment but I fail to see where anyone's safety was comprimised.
This is not unique to the crossbow world. Spend eneough time on any fire-arms ranged and eventually you'll here some one's rifle or shotgun go "click". :?
I am sorry that you do not see your safety violation, but you even said it yourself. When you stopped paying attention to what you were about to do, that is not paying attention enough to forget to load the arrow into your bow, then that is a safety violation.

Loading a cracked arrow, arrow with no fletching, using a frayed string are all safety violations as well. there are many safety concerns that others will not think much about, but basically if someone could have been hurt, then there is a safety hazard.
Some of you folks amaze me the way you will beat a person down and try to make him feel like a complete idiot for having a different view of things its a shame. If you feel a need for this device buy it use it and enjoy shooting and hunting with your crossbow, if you don't feel a need for it don't buy it and still enjoy shooting and hunting with your bow but I think some of you are way too brutal in your manner of discussion because you don't agree big deal they aren't hurting you or anyone else
I sure hope that your above statement is directed at me because I was not attacking a person for their choice of an add on. It was just when I read the thread I felt that many new members would be lead that this device was the end to all dryfires which is incorrect. I was just pointing out that Safety is the only way you can stop a dryfire. IF you want one to use, then use it, But please do not rely on this device to stop a dryfire, learn your safety #1.
Tom, I understand what you're saying, that any kind of inattentiveness is a safety concern and I have to agree to a point but statistics and probability dictate that regardless of how safety concious you may be mistakes will happen. I don't know any high volume shooter who hasn't dry-fired at least once. All I'm saying is that with an anti-dry fire device damage can be minimized and I think that is all part of good safety practice.
I also share your concern that safety devices can breed complacency. I have seen that with younger people in the workplace. They rely too much on PPE and not enough on common sense.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
M&M

Post by M&M »

Tom, My statement was not directed at any one individual, and this kind of treatment has not been just on this particular post. but if you read back through this post you will notice this type of treatment from more than one person. I find it disapointing for people to be treated this way on a forum that I have enjoyed being a part of for several years now it seems that the respect for others is starting to slip away on this forum
M&M
strum

Post by strum »

M&M wrote:Tom, My statement was not directed at any one individual, and this kind of treatment has not been just on this particular post. but if you read back through this post you will notice this type of treatment from more than one person. I find it disapointing for people to be treated this way on a forum that I have enjoyed being a part of for several years now it seems that the respect for others is starting to slip away on this forum
I try to stay as nutral as i can be on these things ..i just enjoy reading and picking up tips here and there..
But i want to add my 2 cents this time..
I understand that some of us have a passion to hunt and to play around with our "tools of the trade"
But guys this is not parts to a heart lung machine. We are talking cross bows .. simple ..crossbows at that ..
thats the beauty of excals. ... simple....
My take is dry fire mech or not its still a simple but deadly weapon..have fun play around with, it try new things
think up witty inventions..shoot some deer .. teach the youth the trade..
I got into archery because of the people..I found they were not arrogant and were fun to chat with and eager to help..
thats what this forum is all about,,
So my goal is to not offend or be offended,,,i know there is blessing in unity..
Oh and just an add on ....Im eating deer while i type..dont know why yall needed to know that :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
casper

Post by casper »

Thanks for posting the dryfire mechanism. I apreciate it. Sorry you have to deal with all the negative people on here, I guess they don't have anything better to do than argue there opinions. I know you ment well. If I get one or not is not the point. I'm glad just to here of new products. Don't get discoraged, your always going to deal with the people who can't even read the post right, and argue there opinions. Hell guys he told us of a new product. IT'S NOT A DEBATE!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

j.krug

Post by j.krug »

wheelie wrote:Image
You've been going through a lot of popcorn lately...did you find it on sale somewhere or something?? :lol: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
wheelie

Post by wheelie »