I can hear!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: I can hear!

Post by Boo »

Yep! It's one of the many things most of us take for granted and we shouldn't. Congratulations and have fun!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

hankenhunter wrote:Hi all,
After being almost totally deaf for twelve years, I finally got fitted with special hearing aids today. I never realized
how much I was missing. The first time I heard birds singing I broke down with several tears flowing. I'd forgotten
how beautiful the world sounds. My wifes voice sounds so sweet. I could even hear my own footsteps. The world
without sound is a boring place. I can't wait to hit the woods tomorrow, find a soft moss bed , and lay down and just listen.
Now my Equinox will probably scare the crap outa me. I never realized how much these do dads cost, 8 grand and they come with
a remote control. Now I can really walk and stalk and know whether I'm being noisy or not. I'm so happy that I had to share.
Now I'm gonna run around the house and outside to track down all the new sounds.
Thanks for listening.No pun intended. ( well, maybe a little.)
Happy hearing,
Hank
I am so happy for ya. I had my left inner ear removed, and balance nerve cut back in summer of 1990. I still suffer from tinnitus-ringing in ear 24-7, and minears disease in that ear. Had to take a med-retirement from the post office back in Sept 2001 due to balance an ringing in the ears. Again I am so happy for ya. Everyone else please take care of your hearing. It sucks when it goes for sure......
the elf

Post by the elf »

I can relate---born deaf on left side---lost most of hearing in right ear--now with a hearing aid in right ear.I can hear--but I have no sense of sound direction; but I can hear--everything goes in the right ear.
Wait till you hear the sound a leaf makes as it bounces from branch to branch on its way to the ground. A mosquito sounds like a jet plane.A porky coming through the leaves sounds like it should be a bear.Your whole world is about to improve
immeasurably----all for the better.
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

Thats awesome Hank, I suffer hearing loss in my left ear, the tones that we speak at. In a room full of ppl I have a hard time understanding who is talking to me with all theback ground noise going on!
But the worst thing is not knowing where the sound comes from when hunting. Would love to hear(pun intended) if with these headphones you will be able to tell where sounds come from! :D
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Right on!!! They can do amazing things these days. Just turn down the volume when you go to shoot. You can claim you have the worlds quietest crossbow. LOL
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

That's great news!!!!! :D :D
One of the main reason's I hunt is to escape the noise of the city and listen to the sweet music of mother nature!!!!
My father is deaf now and i can see the hurt in his eyes not being able to hear the sounds of the woods.
Take care my friend...and the hip quiver you made me works great in this thick georgia bush,just can't find any turkey's!!!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Awsome news, you'll never come out of the woods now!
Crispy
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

That is so wonderful to hear your story. Take care and enjoy all that nature has to offer.
Raymond
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

So glad the aids are working & you can hear again. I'm like alot of the others here i can hear but nothing like when i was young before i started shooting all of the loud guns. Perminent damage has been done my vixen isn't loud i hardly hear her when i shoot.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

That's GREAT. Next, find out how they can improve your hunting. Turn em down and I can stalk as silently as a mouse; turn em up and I hear a pin drop (almost) :D
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Glad they worked out for you!

That's the one thing I wish I had taken better care of growing up. Music too loud and too many gun shots with no protection. I have that constant ringing in my ears . . .very annoying, wakes me up.

You young folks . . .take care of your ears!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

That's awesome Hank, I am so very happy for you.
I too suffer from hearing loss in both ears but not quite as bad as you it seems.
There are few things better than sitting in the woods and listening to the forest sing sweet songs to you.
Congratulations to you!!
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

That's awsome !

Your field reports should be real interesting now !

Enjoy .... and Congrat's on that big life change !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

hankenhunter wrote:Hi all,
After being almost totally deaf for twelve years, I finally got fitted with special hearing aids today. I never realized
how much I was missing. The first time I heard birds singing I broke down with several tears flowing. I'd forgotten
how beautiful the world sounds. My wifes voice sounds so sweet. I could even hear my own footsteps. The world
without sound is a boring place. I can't wait to hit the woods tomorrow, find a soft moss bed , and lay down and just listen.
Now my Equinox will probably scare the crap outa me. I never realized how much these do dads cost, 8 grand and they come with
a remote control. Now I can really walk and stalk and know whether I'm being noisy or not. I'm so happy that I had to share.
Now I'm gonna run around the house and outside to track down all the new sounds.
Thanks for listening.No pun intended. ( well, maybe a little.)
Happy hearing,
Hank
great news!

i can relate as i have been totally deaf since june of 1990.i now have a cochlear implant, it does not work as well with my medical issues as with most recipients but at least i can "hear" sounds which allows me to live independently. i cannot understand speech so i still have to rely on lip reading and good ole paper and pen. on june 7 i am being fitted with a new processor in hopes that i will be able to hear more.
goodluck with your new ears :D and enjoy what you have been missing!
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
one shot scott