MY STAND NO MEANS NO!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BBDOWN

MY STAND NO MEANS NO!

Post by BBDOWN »

I WANTED TO LET THE DEER COOL DOWN AFTER 2ND season left late thismorning got to my blind and what do I find 3 not 1 but 3 guys in a blind ment for me and my boy. I could smell them before I got within 50yrds smoking. So got the land owner and told him what was going on and he flipped,MNR,OPP and hospital ,He went nuts! He told these guys four times there was me my son and two outhers. Why does it come to this if you ask nice you can sometimes get on the land but if they say NO it means NO it wrecks it for all the hunters who have a brain. If we don't start talking to land owners we should keep buying are meat!
bucknbill

Re: MY STAND NO MEANS NO!

Post by bucknbill »

i agree..it would,nt take much friction and i have seen landowners stop all hunting because of the actions of one or two..some hunters have absolutely no respect
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Ok keep us posted on charges and injuries!! :lol: Too bad it has to come to this but some just don't get it!!
The best things in life are not things!!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

It takes alot of balls or alot of stupidity to do what those guys did. Huck a buck bomb in there next time. That'll learn em.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
new2xbow

Post by new2xbow »

one shot scott wrote:Huck a buck bomb in there next time. That'll learn em.
:lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: I was thinking something a little more vicious but ya know, a doe in rut buck bomb would be perfect!!!

The sad part is i know exactly how you feel, i lease land from my brother and his fiance, that gives me say as to who can hunt there. I gave a couple of her family member permission to hunt provided they stay out of one particular stand, and i have shown them 6 other stands and blinds to hunt from but yet i have caught them both headed to that one stand ( i get there early and love hittin em with the flashlight as they walk up).

Now that is pitiful i give them acces to 6 good stands that i keep corn out at just for guests i might bring in and such but they want my one stand that i ask them to stay out of!!!! :x :x
Tony K.
Stokes County, NC
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
X-act 100gr

http://www.NCGunRights.com - "Gun laws only limit the law abiding!"
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

I own a little bit of land but haven't had any problems. If I caught someone hunting on my land that wasn't one of my neighbors I'd call the game warden and have them issued a ticket. The game wardens usually try to talk the land owner out of writing a ticket but if the land owner presses it, the game warden is required to issue the ticket. I heard they raised the fine for trespassing to $500 here in Illinois. :shock: That would be enough to cure most people of trespassing. Gary
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Not that I would resort to violence but I think four flat tires would be about 500 dollars . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

Personaly, I don't think turning to violence would solve anything. :roll: How ever if you walk over and hand them a bill for rental of your stand or blind to the tune of a couple hundred dollars :shock: and then follow up with a civil suit (you can sue ANYONE FOR ANYTHING these days) :shock: :shock: then that would get thier attention. :wink: Even if you didn't collect it would prove that you would be willing to make thier lives misrable for a while. :lol: :lol:
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Doe Master wrote:Not that I would resort to violence but I think four flat tires would be about 500 dollars . :)
:D :twisted: :D :twisted: :D
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
rayman

Post by rayman »

Yea, too much experience in this area. Some properties seem to be worse than others. Think it has to do with the access and how much a property is patrolled. But some places are just magnets for outlaws. Own part of a family property a couple of hours away that is just terrible. Don't even like to go over there any more. Behind my house on my property, biggest problem is neighbors kid shooting deer on his side of fence. I can live with that more than tresspassers. My small lease is next to a park and get people walking around looking at birds and so forth. I give them the spill about tresspassing, and that in the woods they could easily be mistaken for a deer and shot with a .270 or other deer rifle, and that the bullets I use shrapnell on impact and are extremely devestating, and how much I would hate to have to live with having shot someone by accident. Seems to always do the trick. :wink:
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

makes you wish you had a chain saw in your hands don't it :evil: :evil:

Dave :twisted:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

new2xbow wrote:Now that is pitiful i give them acces to 6 good stands that i keep corn out at just for guests i might bring in and such but they want my one stand that i ask them to stay out of!!!! :x :x
I think if I were you I would tell them that they can't hunt there any more. If they can't respect your wishes then they don't deserve the privilege of being able to hunt the land.

We have a little trouble with trespassers on our farm, but can't do a whole lot about it. :x We don't have a Conservation Officer in the county, I live 1.5 hours away, my brother lives in Wisconsin, and my mother is old and hardly goes outside.
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
DanO

Post by DanO »

Doe Master wrote:Not that I would resort to violence but I think four flat tires would be about 500 dollars . :)
Be nice, just use a valve wrench. Inconenient when they return to their car but not too costly.

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
rayman

Post by rayman »

DanO wrote:Be nice, just use a valve wrench.
Yea a friend of mine once took the distributer cap off some guys truck and left a note for them to come by his house and get it. They did, of coarse they said they thought it was public land, and he told them he had their tag number, that he was buddies with the game warden, which he really was, and if he ever saw them around there again he would report them. Apparently it worked.