It's finally here!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

theoldarcher

It's finally here!

Post by theoldarcher »

Well, seasons now officially over here in Georgia. :( I had a very good season; in fact, it was the best one I have had in several years. :D I ended up with 8 does and 1 buck this year…which beat not getting anything last year at all by a long shot. Hope ya’ll that are lucky enough to have a longer season luck and congratulations to all those who scored this year. Happy New Years! :D
Big58cal

Re: It's finally here!

Post by Big58cal »

Congrats on the deer! Sounds like you made out pretty good for the year. :wink:

Our season in KY goes out Jan. 16th I believe. I finished up mid Dec with 3 for the year. I wanted to get more, but didn't think the population down where I hunt at could sustain it.
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
vhntr1

Post by vhntr1 »

Congrats on a good season our bow season goes out on Feb 3 in Ohio ,have a little time left to fill my last tag , happy new year !
strum

Post by strum »

Same here, its over :( :( :(
I ended up with 2 does and a meduim buck.
i got to hunt a lot this year and enjoyed evry bit of it..cant wait for turkey season..and nascar :lol: :lol:
Congrats to you oldarcher. thats a lot of deer..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Our season in the southern zone of georgia doesn't end until jan. 15th :P
I've killed two bucks & two does with my excals :!: :D
Our doe day's are over on the military base i hunt so i will probably finish the season out on my dads lease...one more nanny would be nice and i've never killed more than four critter's in a season with my x-bow, trying to beat my personal best. :mrgreen:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

Congrats on a great season. We have winter bow till end of Jan in NJ.I will be out there week after this one trying to tag #2.Looking to tag something to make Jerky with. My nephew makes a venison jerky that is unbelievable.I'm gonna see if I can make it for the 1st time. Even the dogs love it they can smell it when I bring it in the door & they sit & stare at me the whole time I'm eating it,so of course I have to share it with them.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

georgiaboy wrote:Our season in the southern zone of georgia doesn't end until jan. 15th :P
I've killed two bucks & two does with my excals :!: :D
Our doe day's are over on the military base i hunt so i will probably finish the season out on my dads lease...one more nanny would be nice and i've never killed more than four critter's in a season with my x-bow, trying to beat my personal best. :mrgreen:
This past season I hunted exclusively with my crossbow. I gave up the rifle last year and intend to Turkey hunt this spring with my Phoenix. Where I hunt is inside the city limits and too much chance for a bullet or shotgun round to go astray, not to mention the complaints that I would get because of the noise.
Next year I’m playing with the idea of going to a traditional style muzzleloader with a 1:60 or 1:66 twists for round balls only. I want a 54 cal but will settle with a 50 and keep the loads down to 50 or 60 grains of triple 7. Wont be that loud and shots out to about 40 yards should be more than lethal on these deer around here, plus it should drop off sharply past 70 yards.