Excalibur Crossbows in 2013

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

NEPAbowhunter

Re: Excalibur Crossbows in 2013

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

gerald strine wrote:I think they should come out with a thumb hole 150 lb sister bow to the Vixen.
It would be a sweet handling bow.
Thinking of getting the 150 lb Vixen to compliment my Vortex and that sounds very interesting. If it looked like the Eclipse XT I would be all over it. Considering the Vixen for 3D and recreational shooting during the summer since my shoulder can no longer handle using a vertical bow.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
wabi

Post by wabi »

How about a Vixen with a black stock, rail, & limbs! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

maybe its all Stealth Black and shoots bolts at blinding speeds at approaching targets. :lol: :lol: Sorry thats my Exomax ( mine is still camo) :lol: :lol:

I've heard rumblings but that is it. R&D takes time to perfect stuff you know.Hard to build on something that's already Perfect ya'll. If what ever it is doesn't come out right we would all be disappointed I think.
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Heck i can't tell y'all nutten i don't knowed about. That would be jus down right bad :lol: I jus hear rumors, jus rumors :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

A lot of the vertical bow companys 2013 stuff is out such as Hoyt and Mathews. When does Excalibur normally show the new years lineup/stuff?
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Boo

Post by Boo »

NEPAbowhunter wrote:A lot of the vertical bow companys 2013 stuff is out such as Hoyt and Mathews. When does Excalibur normally show the new years lineup/stuff?
Mathews has a certain "style" of marketing and does it well with teasers. Excalibur normally unveils at the ATA but ask your dealer what's coming.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Rudolph

Post by Rudolph »

Woodspike wrote:Same limbs, 18.5" power stroke (assume that would end up somewhere around 275#?) "The Hammer"
Yeah, and the bow should be named Egomax :D
2012 Phoenix
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

They know, lol. Here's a hint. I got rid of an Emax, don't want any more power, Capt.
"Eze 18:21"
strum

Post by strum »

Rudolph wrote:
Woodspike wrote:Same limbs, 18.5" power stroke (assume that would end up somewhere around 275#?) "The Hammer"
Yeah, and the bow should be named Egomax :D
i dont know about the names yal got there ..but i would name it ..
Mr u shoot :lol: :lol:
i aint going too..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

awshucks wrote:They know, lol. Here's a hint. I got rid of an Emax, don't want any more power, Capt.
Bring on the Power more power!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

We ne mor powwer capt!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k5VzDBOcpM&sns=em

A generator like that one wouldn't hurt either, Capt BillT!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
XCaddis

Post by XCaddis »

A 275-300 lb. draw...maybe slightly longer limbs to support the speed increase. Probably would also need to redesign the trigger or release as this would put additional strain on the serving. Perhaps a string with a serving loop like a compound bow that could be easily replaced....hmmm...I should go work for Bill and company...
XCaddis

Excalibur Exomax
STS
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder

Guns are part of our Cultural Heritage. Please respect our diversity!!
Rudolph

Post by Rudolph »

If i had to choose in which direction to improve the bow, I would definitely try to make it quieter. To you know how quiet is that device, the TAC 15? That quite would be perfect.

And now not so realistic :idea: Read on your own risk.
Another cool direction would be to make an xbow, which shoots special ultra light bolts or small arrows with 800- 1000 fps. No mater how loud it shoots, the projectile travels nearly as fast as the speed of sound and the animal has no time to react. The unique selling proposition is extended range up to 100- 150 yards. What do we need to make it possible?
1. light and short arrows with integrated cutting surface, which weights 50- 100 grains (not a problem in 21 sentry)
2. limbs or smth else, which is designed to shoot light weight projectile. The present limbs are designed for heavy arrows, they have the energy, but can effectively shoot only long and heavy arrows. Steel limbs could possibly be more resistant, but they are heavier and who knows if they are enough fast for the job. The limbs not only accelerate the arrow, but themselves + the string as well. (The limbs are so far definitely a challenge, but every day come new materials on the market and the polymers are getting tougher, so who knows :) ).
If we choose to accelerate the arrow using compressed air or rail gun technologies, we make the bow complicated and that's simply not cool :D. It wouldn't sell good.
2012 Phoenix
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Rudolph wrote:If i had to choose in which direction to improve the bow, I would definitely try to make it quieter. To you know how quiet is that device, the TAC 15? That quite would be perfect.

And now not so realistic :idea: Read on your own risk.
Another cool direction would be to make an xbow, which shoots special ultra light bolts or small arrows with 800- 1000 fps. No mater how loud it shoots, the projectile travels nearly as fast as the speed of sound and the animal has no time to react. The unique selling proposition is extended range up to 100- 150 yards. What do we need to make it possible?
1. light and short arrows with integrated cutting surface, which weights 50- 100 grains (not a problem in 21 sentry)
2. limbs or smth else, which is designed to shoot light weight projectile. The present limbs are designed for heavy arrows, they have the energy, but can effectively shoot only long and heavy arrows. Steel limbs could possibly be more resistant, but they are heavier and who knows if they are enough fast for the job. The limbs not only accelerate the arrow, but themselves + the string as well. (The limbs are so far definitely a challenge, but every day come new materials on the market and the polymers are getting tougher, so who knows :) ).
If we choose to accelerate the arrow using compressed air or rail gun technologies, we make the bow complicated and that's simply not cool :D. It wouldn't sell good.
I can respect your idea but once we cross the 400FPS we are in trouble and it will be concidered a rifle in the eyes of law enforcement. Personally I hope it never happens. Once the can of worms opens it will never be closed. We should be all over crossbow makers to insure we never go over 400FPS.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

wheelie wrote: I can respect your idea but once we cross the 400FPS we are in trouble and it will be concidered a rifle in the eyes of law enforcement. Personally I hope it never happens. Once the can of worms opens it will never be closed. We should be all over crossbow makers to insure we never go over 400FPS.
Kevin, the Fps for "firearm" begins at 500fps, and other criteria must be met too like kinetic energy, as well as the fact that it needs a "barrel", which a bow does not have.
Currently a bow is not seen under the CCC as a firearm, nor is a bow that exceeds the 400fps mark. However, under the fish and wildlife act a bow (any bow) is already considered a firearm, but only while hunting, and for transport during dusk to dawn (encasement).
There are bows that exceed 400fps on the market right now. Excalibur was one of the first to reach that speed with the old wheeled bow, the Paradox. It was tuned back down to it's current speed.
Getting a bow reclassified to a firearm in the Criminal code would involve a major overhaul of the law as it is written, and would very likely be met by a lot of opposition.
As it stands now a person that has a firearms ban in Canada may have a clause about crossbows, not uncommon, but speed is not relevant to that ruling.
I think faster bows are just around the corner, the last 2 years in archery have shown some pretty large jumps in fps. If that is what the market wants, any bow company that wants to stay in business is going to have to produce what is in demand, or they simply wont have any business.
With speed comes other advancements, optics, limb composition, dampening systems.. Each technological advancement bring more speed, and advancement is the nature of the beast.
I'll stick with my 300fps Exocet..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string