Hmmm.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

M&M

Hmmm.

Post by M&M »

very interesting, I can remember all the arguing on here about anti dry fire devices in the past and boy it got quite heated and insulting at times, everyone swore excal would never build a xbow with one if I rememer correctly even bill said it would not happen, and now can you believe it they have done it! and even though I haven't seen one in person yet I would bet it is still a good quality xbow like all of the others that excal has produced.
M&M
Pydpiper

Re: Hmmm.

Post by Pydpiper »

Bill T was part of that thread, I remember too.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

i still dont like antidryfires, even if its on an excalibur.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
tharris811

Post by tharris811 »

one shot scott wrote:i still dont like antidryfires, even if its on an excalibur.
Why?
live everyday as it is your last..It may be
secret

Post by secret »

Who says you couldnt remove the antidryfire and put the standard scope mount on? Knock on wood ....to this day i have yet to join that club!!!!!
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string

Post by newbie »

Looks like simple swap out to me to remove it!
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
strum

Post by strum »

i think that when they set out to design the matrix..they wanted to buid the most ennovative bow to date and address every issue that the cutomers said needed addressed..
while recurves have their limits and im sure they wanted to stay with the KISS method this was a challenge..
What they did was knock it out of the park...
I have a feeling that the Dryfire devise was one of the hard ones and i would wager that Bill T. still doesnt think much of them..
its one of those things that almost had to be ..like it or not its a feature that will help the sell of the bow.And help the battle for clean britches :lol:
i dont see it as a bowing down or doubleing back thing ..
i see it as a "Simply Perfect" item for a bow that "Changes Everything"
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

i have the after market versions for 2 years and love them.its a simple string catch on a loaded spring. its not like other xbow company dry fire devices that are part of the trigger box. it works on a simple design and cant see it failing. it would take 2 minutes to unscrew and take the mechanism out from under the scope base if it did fail in the field. dont know about the new Excalibur version but it seems to be the same.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

tharris811 wrote:
one shot scott wrote:i still dont like antidryfires, even if its on an excalibur.
Why?

I don't like the thought of having a mechanical failure. Even if there is only a very slight chance of it happening. When I pull the trigger I want a string to release. IMO, it's just another device that can corrode or collect dirt or wax and cause a malfunction.

im a simple man, i like simple things :wink:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

I'm kind of neutral on the subject. I don't give a crap either way. BUT.......... The way I see it, Bill T. and Excalibur are going to have a hard time "selling" it with the video of Bill T. on Excalibur's Hunting The Country still being out there where he said there was no need for them and explained the reasons why Excalibur didn't put them on their bows.

Not trying to be a prick or anything, but I'm just saying what is out there and what I've seen.
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

M&M wrote:very interesting, I can remember all the arguing on here about anti dry fire devices in the past and boy it got quite heated and insulting at times, everyone swore excal would never build a xbow with one if I rememer correctly even bill said it would not happen, and now can you believe it they have done it! and even though I haven't seen one in person yet I would bet it is still a good quality xbow like all of the others that excal has produced.
I remember a bit of bickering about them too. I was surprised that it stayed sorta quiet when these ones hit the market?

I don't really want one on my bow but I also don't care if others prefer to have one. Whatever tickles your fancy. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Geodehunter

Post by Geodehunter »

I bought the after market one and it lasted 48 hours before I took it back off. I couldn't get used to putting the safety on without hitting the dry fire with my finger. The way I look at it if I get a dry fire it's my own fault. Also, It's one less thing to worry about. Mr Murphy likes following me around for some reason.
In God I Trust!!!
Hunt hard & Hunt safe, Robbie