Excalibur Crossbows in 2013

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big John

Re: Excalibur Crossbows in 2013

Post by Big John »

Another good post skip. Might be time to sell that extremely noisey bow. I'll take it for Half price what you paid. Since it's so loud nobody else will probably want it. :wink: Did you join to vent how bad Excal is or be part of the family? Hope you find something good with the Bow and stick around with some good stuff. Besides, at 20 to 25 yds. there is no animal going to jump the string in time to avoid it's lungs being deflated. :D

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Skip wrote:I shoot regular compound bows. A Strothers to be exact. It shoots 324 FPS. I recently bought a Phoenix to take my young daughter archery hunting. After having shot this I don't know how every deer doesn't jump the string. Unbelievably loud. I just never realized they were this loud. It's hard enough with a fast quiet bow. Just saying. They need to correct this. I have no real commitment with the crossbow either way but as soon as she can get 35 pounds out of her compound this eardrum shatterer stays home. It is fun to shoot but at a big disadvantage to modern compounds for hunting.
If the speed of sound is 1116.13 fps at sea level and the Phoenix is able to discharge a bolt at 300fps that gives a deer .22 seconds at 30 yards, I doubt string jumping will be a concern. Although it will be the last thing your harvest will hear.
At 34 yards standing free hand shooting, I have damaged bolts on 2 separate occasions, because I hit the bolt in the target while shooting at the same spot. As most Excalibur owners know, it's a good idea to pick different places on a target to prevent damaging bolts. This is where she will most appreciate the Phoenix IMO.
There are way too many successful testimonials here to truly believe that is a concern. Besides, look on the bright side, when it gets dryfired you can recock it and continue hunting right in the field, rather then go home and pay to have it restrung and or repaired. I would have to believe that would be a bigger disappointment to any hunter, over the noise difference. Either way it's nice to have the choice.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

For you speedsters out there, I heard that the new 2013 Excalibur model will be so fast that the arrows not only become invisible while being launched, but that they disintegrate just like bullets.

Was told it was made for those of us who have more dollars than sense and will be a great hit with the arrow makers out there. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Boo

Post by Boo »

ComfyBear wrote:For you speedsters out there, I heard that the new 2013 Excalibur model will be so fast that the arrows not only become invisible while being launched, but that they disintegrate just like bullets.

Was told it was made for those of us who have more dollars than sense and will be a great hit with the arrow makers out there. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And how much is that Ten Point of yours? :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

BOO wrote:And how much is that Ten Point of yours
?

I bought that when I HAD more dollars than sense, and it was money well wasted to smarten me up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.