Hogzilla in Georgia (pic)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Partikle

Hogzilla in Georgia (pic)

Post by Partikle »

Any of you Georgia boys seen this thing? :shock:
Chris Griffin, 31, poses last month beside Hogzilla, the half-ton wild hog he says he killed near Alapaha, Ga. Few people have seen the beast, and the only indication Hogzilla existed is this photo.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/n ... lla29.html
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

Exomax material.

Man, that's a big fella.
RJ not logged in

Post by RJ not logged in »

Partikle : I've seen 2 boar pigs approx that size in my lifetime .... both were penned up breeder boars on farms where I hunt .

Both had tusks , and were unbeliveabley huge due to the fact that they were kept in pens that didn't allow them to move or turn around . They were fed and kept only to breed .

The most recent one I saw last season was so huge his legs were pooched and he couldn't mount the sows any longer . The farmer said if he couldn't sell him to someone he wanted me to put him down so he could bury him .

He told me the meat on a boar hog that size is tainted and therefore they are worthless unless used for breeding . The farmer did manage to sell him to a guy at the market ( what the guys reasons for buying the boar were unknown ) ... he got $35.00 for it and later said he should have got me to put it down and bury it because he figured he used more than $35.00 of time , energy , and gas to get rid of it .

I'm guessing the boar in the picture came from similar circumstances ! Thats probably why the picture is taken at the time the boar was being disposed of ( burried ) and not taken in the context of a hunt photo .

Also .... this guy couldn't be much of a guide if he hadn't seen this hog before ... and as far as that goes , if he did guide hunts for hogs on that plantation , why wouldn't they set up a client on a monster boar like that ?

Bottom line .... my take on it .... it's a breeder boar , at the end of it's usefullness , put down and buried ...

My $0.02 R.J.
striper

Post by striper »

I'm with RJ, that pig is too fat and big to have lived off the land. Striper
May your days be long and your hunts many. Pray that the God of the Bible will protect you as you go.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

I also agree with R.J. Unless his hunting property is 10,000 acres or more, there's no way that this big boar could go undetected. One of his clients would have spotted hogzilla.

Great way to get publicity.

Grey Owl
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

We saw a boar about the same size at a fair that came through town. My curiosity got the best of me. :oops: Paid $5.00 to see him live.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Took the words right out of my mouth Ray. Forgot to put that in my thread. Yah! tour around to all the fairs in the country, MAN EATING WILD BOAR FROM RUSSIA, FINALLY CAUGHT...... then the farmer that R.J. knows could have made money instead of losing.

Grey Owl
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

Well, I don't have any proof, but if I was a betting man I would bet that the only smell coming from that story is not from a dead hog :roll:

The guy is a guide from a private hunting preserve and he has no proof except a pic on the web :?: , IMO he sure is missing out on a lot of great advertizing :shock:

Course I could be wrong :wink:

leo
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

They even had a link to the story off of the CNN main homepage this afternoon!!! Let's book a huning trip in Georgia.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/07/28/ ... index.html
BUCKSHOT

A Mockery!

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Some fools fall for that stuff! :wink:
Enjoy the Harvest!
pitman

pen fed hog not a wild boar hog

Post by pitman »

I hog hunt in ga all the time with pitbulls and stand hunt too and never seen a hog that big in the woods wild boar hogs only get to 250 lbs mix breeds go to 300lbs not tons so that guy needs to stop liein and come back to earth! makes him look like a real fool posing with a hog thats going in the ground not on the table
caucious clay

Post by caucious clay »

THIS IS OLD STUFF. BUT IT LOOKS LIKE FANCY CAMERA WORK TO ME.
women and cat's will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.-ROBERT A. HEINLEIN
Livtahunt

Post by Livtahunt »

There was a show all about this picture of "Hogzilla." After Griffin killed the hog he barried it and at the end of the show they dug it up and determined it was half wild bore and half domestic. It was between 7.5 and 8 feet long and weighed around 800 pounds still a "Hogzilla" in my book.
Exomax, Equinox, Matrix 380 and now a Scorpyd Aculeus
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

This thread is 2 years old. How did it come back to the top?
terry-1

boar

Post by terry-1 »

The boar is real and was around 800lbs. How it got that big mostlikey some sort of unnatural feeding maybe a cattle feeder nearby. I hunted hogs for years at home and surrounding areas and about 200-300lbs is is a moster wild hog around here. I did see a gaint this fall while deer hunting that had to be over 500lbs on my hunting lease it freaked me out I could not beleive how tall it was and a 500+lber(weight at processer) was killed two years ago on that lease by a friend. We could not load the hog had to use a tractor. I beleive These both of the hogs are products of the land owner next to us. He has 7000acres of land setup for hunting only with protein and corn feeders everywhere. Add the food plots and the hogs can eat all day long and get huge.That is not the normal diet for a wild hog so most would never stand a chance at getting over 300lbs in their life time eatting acorns around here.