Murphs g strings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Billagroom

Murphs g strings

Post by Billagroom »

Has anyone here tried one of these custom continuous loop strings?
I tried one on my old Equinox and it improved my speed more than I dreamed it could. I threw my Flemish string away.
Excalibur,Equinox
Murphs-G-String
20 inch Firebolts
170 grain NAP FOC Broadhead
foofoo

Re: Murphs g strings

Post by foofoo »

Billagroom

Post by Billagroom »

Excalibur,Equinox
Murphs-G-String
20 inch Firebolts
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Billagroom wrote:Has anyone here tried one of these custom continuous loop strings?
I tried one on my old Equinox and it improved my speed more than I dreamed it could. I threw my Flemish string away.
The truth is, it's not the type of string that matters, but rather who makes it.
In my opinion, when both strings are made by skilled string makers, a Flemish twist is superior to an endless loop string.

I've found that most folks can learn to make a endless loop string, while few can make a Flemish-twist string, let alone a quality one that stands the test of time.

So, if you threw your Flemish string away, it certainly wasn't a Boo string or one of mine for that matter.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
fredd

Post by fredd »

So true Lou, my son and i are still using your string that we bought from you 2yrs ago and we try to shoot 3 to 4 days at 10 to 20 shots each . Your string still holding up well.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I dislike the harsher sound, increased vibration and associated string stretch of ENL strings, regardless of who made them.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
bubba

Post by bubba »

Flemish for me all the way...
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
wabi

Post by wabi »

And if you read the facebook comments the bows are usually more accurate, too. :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

fredd wrote:So true Lou, my son and i are still using your string that we bought from you 2yrs ago and we try to shoot 3 to 4 days at 10 to 20 shots each . Your string still holding up well.
It's good to hear that they're still going strong Fred, but I wouldn't have expected anything less. I imagine it will be a few more years before you'll need new ones.

Frankly, I'm still using strings I made five years ago, all they need is to be re-served occasionally.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

Billagroom

Post by Billagroom »

ComfyBear wrote:
Billagroom wrote:Has anyone here tried one of these custom continuous loop strings?
The truth is, it's not the type of string that matters, but rather who makes it.
In my opinion, when both strings are made by skilled string makers, a Flemish twist is superior to an endless loop string.

I've found that most folks can learn to make a endless loop string, while few can make a Flemish-twist string, let alone a quality one that stands the test of time.

So, if you threw your Flemish string away, it certainly wasn't a Boo string or one of mine for that matter.
I had trouble with serving separation on my original string that came with my bow after 20 to 30 shots. I bought an Excalibur Flemish string because I read here they were the only way to get even close to the advertised speed for my Equinox. After ten shots with the Flemish there was 2 big gaps in the center of the serving and only a tiny speed boost. Back to the original string.

I heard Boo strings are good so I got on the 1 year waiting list a couple months ago.

That is when I started hearing about Murphy's Strings. This guy is the real deal His string building innovations are passing all expectations for Endless loop strings. I have one and it is the future of strings. Power and Speed

In about 10 months I will have a Boo string to test against it. Maybe I'm wrong EH
Excalibur,Equinox
Murphs-G-String
20 inch Firebolts
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I heard Boo strings are good so I got on the 1 year waiting list a couple months ago.
In about 10 months I will have a Boo string to test against it. Maybe I'm wrong EH
What you'll find is that all flemish strings are not made equal. Although a factory made one is functional, due to the numbers needed, it has to be made quickly, without the painstaking time it takes to make a custom string. Even if custom made, it doesn't guarantee that it will stand the test of time, since stringmakers come with varying degrees of expertise.

A year is a long time to wait for a string, but good things come to those that wait. Granted you can get less expensive flemish strings at a moment's notice from various other sources, but the truth is you get what you pay for. IMO Boo strings are rivaled by few, but second to none of the current offerings on this forum.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

On year 7 with my Boo string. When I take it off the bow it stands straight like a steel bar.. I have to work to bend it, fortunately I have about 10 more, that's about 70 years of bow string.
As far as Garys strings (Murph), if you are on facebook, just go to excaliburs facebook page, Gary is happy to tell you how happy he is with his own work, about 20 times a day.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
munch

Post by munch »

Pydpiper wrote:On year 7 with my Boo string. When I take it off the bow it stands straight like a steel bar.. I have to work to bend it, fortunately I have about 10 more, that's about 70 years of bow string.
As far as Garys strings (Murph), if you are on facebook, just go to excaliburs facebook page, Gary is happy to tell you how happy he is with his own work, about 20 times a day.
was lucky enough to shoot a moose with one of boos strings this year great strings and cant count the deer ive shot with comfy strings also thats all my boy uses is lous strings even though i build strings and arrows my son only shoots comfy strings and big john arrows he has a choice and i let him make his own ,he bashes no one .i think the op was looking for opinions on endless loop strings made by murph. i built a string jig and a custom stretcher for him and hes been a stand up guy and man of his word . almost sounds like your not happy with gary ,if your not maybe you should tell him not the world .hes always looking for guys to try his strings and help him head in the right direction . maybe we can all help him.
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

munch wrote:
Pydpiper wrote:On year 7 with my Boo string. When I take it off the bow it stands straight like a steel bar.. I have to work to bend it, fortunately I have about 10 more, that's about 70 years of bow string.
was lucky enough to shoot a moose with one of boos strings this year great strings and cant count the deer ive shot with comfy strings also thats all my boy uses is lous strings even though i build strings and arrows my son only shoots comfy strings and big john arrows he has a choice and i let him make his own ,he bashes no one .i think the op was looking for opinions on endless loop strings made by murph. i built a string jig and a custom stretcher for him and hes been a stand up guy and man of his word . almost sounds like your not happy with gary ,if your not maybe you should tell him not the world .hes always looking for guys to try his strings and help him head in the right direction . maybe we can all help him.
Holy crap, that was a long sentence Terry. I know you made his jig, seen that too, more than once. I wasn't telling "the world" anything, just the forum. Gary pats himself on the back continuously on that page, continuously. If he has good reason for it then my post will help, not hinder.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
munch

Post by munch »

Pydpiper wrote:
munch wrote:
Holy crap, that was a long sentence Terry. I know you made his jig, seen that too, more than once. I wasn't telling "the world" anything, just the forum. Gary pats himself on the back continuously on that page, continuously. If he has good reason for it then my post will help, not hinder.
with 6000 posts your not doing bad yourself .why not try a string seems if its not dons strings guys get jumped on . i really dont think don needs anyone to promote him . when hes long gone guys will remember them .and just maybe with a little input this gary will have the same kind of reputation building endless loop strings .im sure he has no plans on stepping on boos toes by building flemish strings .
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook