WHat Are Ya changin fer this Season ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

j.krug

Re: WHat Are Ya changin fer this Season ?

Post by j.krug »

I'm gonna try washing my luck hunting underwear and see if that makes a difference in 2016?? :shock:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Gene i think its the luck of the draw on those triggers. My Micro is so sweet, my 380 has so much travel after pullin it in the mornin it finally choots that evenin as the sun goes down :shock:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

vixenmaster wrote:Gene i think its the luck of the draw on those triggers. My Micro is so sweet, my 380 has so much travel after pullin it in the mornin it finally choots that evenin as the sun goes down :shock:

:lol: :wink:

is it as bad as mine was?
-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

vixenmaster wrote:Gene i think its the luck of the draw on those triggers. My Micro is so sweet, my 380 has so much travel after pullin it in the mornin it finally choots that evenin as the sun goes down :shock:
Wow. Heard things were a bit slower in the south. That's extreme. :lol: :lol:
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

j.krug wrote:I'm gonna try washing my luck hunting underwear and see if that makes a difference in 2016?? :shock:
Fer sure ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

One thing I have to change for sure, is my luck I never saw a shootable deer this season, Worst season I've had in over 25yrs. So have to do something to change my luck!
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
artifact

Post by artifact »

My brand of cigars!
On second though maybe not, had 2 buck at about 10 yds., and one about 20, this past season. More than once I've had deer close and had to put a lit cigar down to shoot while on the ground.
Guess scent block clothing won't work too well for me! :lol:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

On the bows, I think Colton's Micro is set. He has my TriggerTech trigger in it so my Matrix is going to get a new TriggerTech of its own. I bought a new Crossbones for my Matrix. My Leupold Variable power target scope (4-12x40) experiment has had so-so results so I'm going to try a Crossbones on it as I like the one on Colton's Micro very well. I think I am going to try to quiet the Matrix down some, without loosing speed. Stuff rail, dBKillers etc. But all in all they are pretty much good to go.
As for my hunting area, I am going to change some things up, move a couple of stands and feeders. I had great intentions to have a new stand up for this past year, but got busy and finally got a feeder and camera up around the first part of December. I had more deer at that feeder that the others put together. The only problem is that they come from ALL directions. I am going to put up several cameras to see if I cant figure out a spot for a stand that wont get me busted .
I have thought for a couple of years that maybe the deer were skirting the area where I have been set up for several years, and have changed travel routes because of my regular presence. I am going to change it up and see. We also have hunters on the place next to us now, that we never had before, and they put in two large food plots on our fence line. I may see if that is where the deer are going, if I cant get set up on a trail leading to them.
I have been in same area, hunting out of the shooting house type stand for so long I feel like I'm in a rut. It's time to change things up, and do some things a little different. This is all work, but part of the hunt, and a part that I enjoy, so I am looking forward to the spring and summer to get things all set up. I also don't get things done as quickly as I used to, so I had better start now!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

:lol: :wink:

is it as bad as mine was?
-ken[/quote]

Its worse, its a smooth pull no gritty feelin at all, its jus a lousy Traveler. Such is life, this will make the 3rd trigger unit i will have to have reworked. Fer the prices they sell fer all triggers should be great! One thing about it i have Captain Morgan thats right :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

I'm going to try a mechanical broadhead for turkey this spring.I have been leery of mechanicals in the past but liked the design of the new Wasp Jak Knifes so I purchased a 3 pack to try.They appear solid,are sharp and fly great as expected of a mechanical.Practice shooting into a foam target they have deployed reliably every time and have never opened in flight with the single O ring retainer( at approx. 285 fps from an Ibex).I'm confident enough in them to try them on the real thing.The 2" cut will give a little more margin of error vs my fixed blades.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

Thinking a road trip to Florida to try and get me a 10 to 12 foot gator for my office. Should be fun with the 405.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
carperdoug

Post by carperdoug »

Fred T wrote:I'm going to try a mechanical broadhead for turkey this spring.I have been leery of mechanicals in the past but liked the design of the new Wasp Jak Knifes so I purchased a 3 pack to try.They appear solid,are sharp and fly great as expected of a mechanical.Practice shooting into a foam target they have deployed reliably every time and have never opened in flight with the single O ring retainer( at approx. 285 fps from an Ibex).I'm confident enough in them to try them on the real thing.The 2" cut will give a little more margin of error vs my fixed blades.
I will continue trying the new Wasp Jak Knife and the fixed blade Drone. As stated solid, fly great. I single band the "Knife" for my Ibex and double band it for my 355. No problems with deployment. I managed to harvest a deer last year with the "Knife". Couldn't ask for better results; full pass through, incredible blood trail. For my 355 I am changing from 20 inch BEEs to 18 with 110 front inserts, luminoc, 100 grain heads and 2" blazers. Superb accuracy.
Drew

Post by Drew »

Not changing much other than my arrow recipe. New arrows are being geared towards my African hunt this August and if they are good enough for that they will be more than enough for whitetails.

18" spine matched ZS's
92gr brass inserts
lumenoks
3.5" wraps
2" blazers
150gr VPA 3-blade broadheads

These come out just about 460gr with 20.4% FOC. My 355 pushes these around 320fps for 103ft/lbs. I'm expecting nothing but pass thru's on Kudu, Gemsbok, and Impala's.
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
john g

Post by john g »

Some of you know my surgery has kept me out for this season (my club was good enough to refund my dues this year) so that is what I hope to change. I can't thank
ya'll enough for sharing your hunts here, that's been my season. And on that note after Keith's bison hunt I'm considering RamCats. Man that was impressive.
Garry
SEC-ond 2 none

Post by SEC-ond 2 none »

I purchased a TTT for my M380. I haven't installed it due to back problem. I am going to get a Lead Sled DFT for my shooting bench. (Thanks Paul).

Happy Trails
Stephen
Matrix 380