How to see your arrows hunting?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sproulman

How to see your arrows hunting?

Post by sproulman »

I have normal colors like white/green on my 2 inch blazer vanes..I was wondering is there way to brighten up your arrows so they stick out better in brush hunting deer?On my alum I used to use lacquer paint and spray area on arrow now I am using gt ballistics 425 first carbon arrows I have ever used...I was fred bear/chuck adams fan in 60s and we used to paint our arrows white as fred felt white was best color going thru bucks side and I still put white on my vanes .....Thanks.....
paulaboutform

Re: How to see your arrows hunting?

Post by paulaboutform »

You can still paint your arrows...cresting. lighted nocks are also great. As far as colors, try hot pink. Pink is the color that doesn't show up anywhere in nature.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

They won't be the same color after they go thru game. Blood is dark enough that it camos pretty well in the woods. Lighted nocks work pretty well
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

paulaboutform wrote:You can still paint your arrows...cresting. lighted nocks are also great. As far as colors, try hot pink. Pink is the color that doesn't show up anywhere in nature.

Paul
Lighted nocks I am trying for first time in my life also,they are something to see..ok on cresting ,I went to bass school with Zell Rowland he got me into painting my bass lures vrs buying standard colors he was something on painting lures..Those were days 10/12 hrs in boat standing fishing for bass ...anyone has BASS fishing question I can help........
Last edited by sproulman on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

flightattendant100 wrote:They won't be the same color after they go thru game. Blood is dark enough that it camos pretty well in the woods. Lighted nocks work pretty well
lighted nocks are something...We used full white arrows for long time per fred bear and yes when I hit buck it was red/white.....They were cedar arrows with feathers and bear points.....
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

paulaboutform wrote:... As far as colors, try hot pink. Pink is the color that doesn't show up anywhere in nature...
True that Buddy!

Between the Pink and the Luminoks, I rarely lose an arrow these days! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I use the arrow wraps from walmart. Blaze orange work for me and only $5.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I use two kinds of FLORESCENT vanes like flo Lime Yellow and Green, or flo Orange. They are not only more visible but glow under black light, making them easier to find. Used to crest my arrows with lacquer, fast and looks good, economical too. BUT, vanes don't stick to lacquer as well, all vanes and lacquer have to be stripped to re fletch even one vane and the lacquer quickly show wear marks made by the rail or riser. Lighted nocks are ok but spendy and not necessary to how I hunt: mostly daylight, starting in AM
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!