Need help with Spitfires

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nomercy

Re: Need help with Spitfires

Post by nomercy »

I talked to NAP today and they are sending new crossbow retention clips and the gentleman I spoke with said that with the heavier draw Excalibur crossbows that the regular clips can open from time to time and that the new crossbow clips will solve the problem.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

nomercy wrote:I talked to NAP today and they are sending new crossbow retention clips and the gentleman I spoke with said that with the heavier draw Excalibur crossbows that the regular clips can open from time to time and that the new crossbow clips will solve the problem.

....I am glad you followed up with them nomercy...great to know... And I wonder at what point did they start including these clips, or even if they have already... Either way, a great piece of information for the rest of us Spitfire users!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

non crossbow Spitfires are lose and they are smooth on outside .they can be shot up to 350fps but band would work good on them.on crossbow points which have lines they do not open much stiffer opening...

new crossbow points 100 gr ones weight 106 grs and non crossbow ones weight 103 grs.

as for gluing glue does not hold unless you sand the blades ..i think j b bond works best but it adds weight to point ..
practice points weight 103 grs also ...

i will say using hunting point does not go into targets very far its like using blunt point.I use bag of old rags for target and it comes right out ..The practice point is terrible to get out of bag of rags ...

anyone have idea how to add 3 grs of weight to a spitfire 100 practice point so they weight same as my hunting points.....
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

I've shot regular 100gn spitfires from an Exomax, Micros 335, Matrix 330 and a friend's Horton with no issues. I plan to buy XXX Spitfires moving forward but haven't lost a head in so long it could be a while!! :D :D That said maybe dental bands makes sense in the interim.
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

sproulman wrote:non crossbow Spitfires are lose and they are smooth on outside .they can be shot up to 350fps but band would work good on them.on crossbow points which have lines they do not open much stiffer opening...

new crossbow points 100 gr ones weight 106 grs and non crossbow ones weight 103 grs.

as for gluing glue does not hold unless you sand the blades ..i think j b bond works best but it adds weight to point ..
practice points weight 103 grs also ...

i will say using hunting point does not go into targets very far its like using blunt point.I use bag of old rags for target and it comes right out ..The practice point is terrible to get out of bag of rags ...

anyone have idea how to add 3 grs of weight to a spitfire 100 practice point so they weight same as my hunting points.....
a few dust particles might do the trick :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
WNYBILL

Post by WNYBILL »

3/16 med or heavy on e-bay from China. $1.00 for a lifetime supply. Can't hurt. Recurve starts fast and slows down, compound starts slow and speeds up. That puts a lot of stress on retainer clips. Put the bands on the shaft, screw on head and roll band down over head. On impact they just roll up the shaft.

Bill
deerman41

Post by deerman41 »

Off topic a little, when I started xbow hunting 3 years ago I shot a deer with an expandable head with band already installed. Complete pass through and band wound up behind the fletching intact. :roll:
Matrix 350 LE, Hawke XB 30 Pro SR,Trigger Tech, ADF,Danny Miller bumpers, Leupold Vendetta 2 rangefinder
Tactacam
18" Spynal Tapps,110 gr inserts, 100gr Sevr

Lumenoks
vixenmaster Force 10 string,
Charger EXT crank

Post by newbie »

deerman41 wrote:Off topic a little, when I started xbow hunting 3 years ago I shot a deer with an expandable head with band already installed. Complete pass through and band wound up behind the fletching intact. :roll:
thats common. I have had lots of bands still intact on the arrow after a pass through.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

I had the problem of the older Spitfires opening when shot from a CB doing over 340FPS Called manufacturer and found out about the new Crossbow Spitfires I was sent new clips and changed out the older Spitfires. The opening issue went away. I now use Crossbow Spitfires with no issue I decided to change the clips rather than use dental bands. I shoot them thru paper at 10yds ti make sure they haven't opened
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!