Post by janesy »

Here you go, pics up.

Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
B-Logger

Re: Assassin problem

Post by B-Logger »

So over 2 hours ago Peter was to call the warranty center then they would call me to set up when I could take the bow to them for fixing. Looks like I'll have to fix it myself...somehow.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

If you call the warranty center, ask to speak to "Dawn". She was very helpful when I talked to them.
And yeah, you're caught on the ADF device.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

AJ01 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:49 pm
If you call the warranty center, ask to speak to "Dawn". She was very helpful when I talked to them.
And yeah, you're caught on the ADF device.
Yes, it is easy to see it is caught there but that does not solve the problem. As for the warranty center, I'm told you can no longer contact them direct; you have to go through Excalibur. Also I was told they would contact the WC and then they would call me. Nothing has happened. So much for service.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Who said you couldn't call direct?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

If you're having problems with the warranty service, Excalibur claims they want to know. The lady in charge of HRM is Jane Buckrell. her line is 519-743-6890 Ext. 202
And I'm sure you've already tried, but the toll free number is: 800-463-1817

AJ
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

And...just thinking out loud...how about a stringing aid slipped over your bow string to engage the ADF? It would probably be a 2 person operation, cause one would be operating the aid, while someone worked the crank.
Just a though. :think:

AJ
Boo

Post by Boo »

Phone calls now go to Kitchener and no longer direct.
With a whack of people bringing out their bows just before hunting season and people buying bows just before hunting season, they are as busy as can be. So imagining that you'll get a responses and or action as fast within minutes or hours just won't happen. They are busy with all hands on deck and not many that are available to answer all the phone calls.
If it was me, I'd take it to a bow press, remove the string and then see what gives. Theres only a couple of things you can do wrong with an Assassin and I haven't done them but I can't begin to imagine what is causing the issue as I understand it. Maybe I don't understand what's happening.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

use a robe kocker and pull the string back in the claws so the trigger sets looks like it was dry fired or not kocked all the way with the built in crank. I have done that with bd400 not dry fired just not back all the way.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

otisbrazwell wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:37 pm
use a robe kocker and pull the string back in the claws so the trigger sets looks like it was dry fired or not kocked all the way with the built in crank. I have done that with bd400 not dry fired just not back all the way.
I was going to suggest the same thing. Using a cocking rope (wonder if he even has one) I would cock it all the way up till you hear a click...Then in theory fire it just as you normally would. The string seems to be in the position of a dry fire and resting on the ADF!....also being in Michigan are you near any other member on this forum that could provide a second set of eyes to the problem? :eusa-think: :?

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I don't know how the mechanism works as I don't have one but it looks like the string is partially into the latches. I think the trigger mechanism is half way cocked. If my understanding of this unit is correct, the string goes into the latch the same as the traditional models and the sled locks when cocked back? I'm not 100% sure the latch that the string is under is the ADF.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Okay my turn to weigh in . The trigger case has to be all the way down or up in the locked position . While transiting in the mainframe the sear can not be accidentally released . Boo was correct . My best course of action would be to put the bow in a press and remove the string . One less thing to go suddenly . Then try to bring the trigger unit all the way up . Sounds almost like the cocking rope has pinched onto itself . At least with the string not in play makes it easier to ship .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Okay I just intentionally put my bow on the ADF at half cock .
After playing around with shortening a cocking aid I was able to get it off the ADF . But having said that it all depends where the jam happens .
My recommendation is the bow press so you can let the string down after getting off the ADF . With no strain it would be easier to manipulate the unit up or down not under pressure .
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Talking to Peter yesterday about this issue . I guess the problem got resolved .
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Good deal! For me the simple minded stuff fits best! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!