One reason I own a Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

W.Miguire

One reason I own a Excalibur

Post by W.Miguire »

Just got a phone call from a person about a broken string on his cross bow. I was unable to help him being it was a wheelie . where we live the closest pro shop is 60 miles away. I know he payed about 350.00 for the bow that is a good price for a young person BUT if some thing goes wrong with it . where we live he has to pay 50.00 bucks for a ferry ride and 45.00 for a string and about 100.00 for labor and tuning up and timing for the bow. plus a day off the island. and you all know the rest of the story . and that one reason I own a Excalibur. I can fix it my self. :thumbup:
W.M.
grouse

Re: One reason I own a Excalibur

Post by grouse »

So true! And you can keep your Excal shooting accurately year after year with only simple adjustments that you can easily do yourself. In my (fallible) opinion, reasons are scarce for owning one of those complicated contraptions.
axiom
350 SE
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

All I shoot anymore! Love my Excalibur's! :eusa-dance:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

That's all I ever shoot .
dithian

Post by dithian »

100%. I live on an island and getting repair work would be a nightmare. Even if I lived next door to a pro shop, I still wouldn't see the benefit of having a crossbow with cams. I also like the fact that, space age composites aside, the crossbow I shoot is fundamentally the same technology as 1000 years ago. Why complicate it?
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

W.Miguire wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:31 pm
Just got a phone call from a person about a broken string on his cross bow. I was unable to help him being it was a wheelie . where we live the closest pro shop is 60 miles away. I know he payed about 350.00 for the bow that is a good price for a young person BUT if some thing goes wrong with it . where we live he has to pay 50.00 bucks for a ferry ride and 45.00 for a string and about 100.00 for labor and tuning up and timing for the bow. plus a day off the island. and you all know the rest of the story . and that one reason I own a Excalibur. I can fix it my self. :thumbup:
W.M.
I would not buy a string for it I would get on line and have an Excalibur delivered buy express shipping , no sense throwing good money after bad.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Unless you have a Bow Press, spare parts and the hands on training the repairs are best left up to the professionals. My buddy almost lost a hand and eye. Tried one of those go at it alone things!!

That's a big reason I own a Exomax.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I wanted recurve but I got much more.
I got
A great warranty
Accuracy
Simplicity
Reliability
Durability
Along with some others I'm sure an Addiction
Friends and some awesome encounters.
I have looked at others but I am faithful to Excaliburs.
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

I had to laugh at a neighbor who thought maybe the Excalibur was okay but still bought another crossbow; compound. Had warranty work done 3 times and finally gave up. Thought about Excalibur but had to have "the best" so he bought a Ten Point. That lasted either one or two years and now he has an Excalibur Micro. That was an expensive route!
Keep smiling!
Dennis
CFD940

Post by CFD940 »

I got lucky. Ct. changed the X-Bow law a few years back. I went to the same archery shop I purchased my compound bow from. I had my mind set on a 10 point. It was expensive but I figured you get what you pay for. He showed me the bow I was interested in but suggested I look at an Excalibur Phoenix. He let me show both bows and went over the pros and cons of both. There were a couple of selling points that swung me towards the Excalibur the most important were the warranty and the ease of maintenance. Then he comes out and tells me to wait about 6 weeks that this new model the Matrix 380 was going to be coming out soon. End of story for me. One and done. I did purchase the “blemished” limbs and soon after that a riser. They’ve been sitting on a shelf for a couple of years now. Is the bow big yes by today’s standards is it loud yes but it’s the last thing a deer hears lol. In MY opinion that was the best bow Excalibur produced. But then what would I know never shot another model. Rant over.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

B-Logger wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:19 am
I had to laugh at a neighbor who thought maybe the Excalibur was okay but still bought another crossbow; compound. Had warranty work done 3 times and finally gave up. Thought about Excalibur but had to have "the best" so he bought a Ten Point. That lasted either one or two years and now he has an Excalibur Micro. That was an expensive route!
Been there, seen it, done it! :wtf:
Excalibur ONLY!! :eusa-dance:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
MicroMan355

Post by MicroMan355 »

Love our Excalibur Crossbows! :P
janesy

Post by janesy »

Ya they're alright I guess... :wink:

Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

I have to admit I was a loyal Horton owner for many years I owned a Horton Hunter Supreme for over 20+ years I shot well over 4000 shots through that bow with no problems dropped it out of a tree stand a couple of times never a problem, shot many a deer with it. I finally decided to upgrade it when I discovered Horton was going out of business. Had Horton stayed in business I probably would have bought another Horton but I started to research all the crossbows on the market. I actually never gave Excalibur a fair shot and was about to pull the trigger on a ten point when a buddy of mine told me the ten point he had was in the shop more than in the woods with cam and string issues he then told me he was going to go simple and give Excalibur a try I then started researching Excalibur and with help from several people on this forum I went to a local Field & Stream shot a couple of Excalibur’s and bought a 405 and have never looked back. All I can say is they are simple, accurate, reliable and extremely fast. I can’t see myself shooting anything else.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

janesy wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:32 pm
Ya they're alright I guess... :wink:

I think I saw room for more to the left :think:

Dave :shh:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings