Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Re: Closing stupid things

Post by ComfyBear »

Riflemanz wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:54 pm
I think your bobber's down! :crazy:
I don't think so. It's been a long while since I've fished, or been phished for that matter. Unfortunately, I do see a lot of folks that not only take the bait, but that swallow "hook, line and sinker" without a thought.
I suppose that's what makes our world what it is.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Five people in a lineup in a small beer store. One person in that crowd infect another and that person takes it home to his whole family. Now one person in that family goes out and................. Not hard to figure it out. Had the nicest time at Walmart today. No one there and only letting one in when one leaves. No lineup and no waiting at checkout either. CHEERS
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:49 pm
Carnivorous wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:41 am
They closed the boat ramps in our area! Are you kidding me!! Fishing from a boat is the best way to social distance and now that's gone too!!!
They are asking all non essentials to stay at home in home, but Texas Parks and Wildlife issued a Free Fishing edict. No Fishing License or permits required during the Covid outbreak. Does any of this make sense?
They done the same thing here in Missouri, :shock:

Go figure :o

Dave :?
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

I'm getting pretty frustrated too! Trying to get a couple of bottle jacks and bone meal in larger quantities is crazy. It seems there are a few companies that are not reordering much and are letting their stock dwindle. I'm pretty much ok for most things I need in life and I have lots to do on my homestead and the 2 small hunting properties but I have to plant a bunch of trees and I need friggen bone meal! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The reality is that there are thousands of people dying and those who are not cooperating are killing people. It's that simple and there is no conspiracy. If you don't believe it, go Italy or New York, get the virus, go live in a hut by yourself and die, but for heavens sake, don't take others with you! This disease is a serious killer. It isn't just taking people over 60, it's killed people in their 30's and has compromised otherwise healthy people.
Conspiracy? You have to be kidding me! :wtf: Remember the saying "It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"
Some people just like stepping on rakes
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Boo wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:27 pm
I'm getting pretty frustrated too! Trying to get a couple of bottle jacks and bone meal in larger quantities is crazy. It seems there are a few companies that are not reordering much and are letting their stock dwindle. I'm pretty much ok for most things I need in life and I have lots to do on my homestead and the 2 small hunting properties but I have to plant a bunch of trees and I need friggen bone meal! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The reality is that there are thousands of people dying and those who are not cooperating are killing people. It's that simple and there is no conspiracy. If you don't believe it, go Italy or New York, get the virus, go live in a hut by yourself and die, but for heavens sake, don't take others with you! This disease is a serious killer. It isn't just taking people over 60, it's killed people in their 30's and has compromised otherwise healthy people.
Conspiracy? You have to be kidding me! :wtf: Remember the saying "It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"
Hey Don,
When I lived on North Vancouver island, I would use dead salmon carcasses I picked up from the river for planting trees. Freezer burnt fish would work just as well. Just dig deep enough to keep the critters from smelling it. Fruit trees thrive on it. You can grind it up or just chuck it in whole. No doubt you probably have lots of tree to plant, but this will at least get you started. Phone your neighbors and friends and see if they have any old fish in the freezer. If so, get them to leave it out for you to pick up. Most would be happy to oblige to make room for fresher food. Regards, Hank
Boo

Post by Boo »

hankenhunter wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:32 pm
Boo wrote:
Hey Don,
When I lived on North Vancouver island, I would use dead salmon carcasses I picked up from the river for planting trees. Freezer burnt fish would work just as well. Just dig deep enough to keep the critters from smelling it. Fruit trees thrive on it. You can grind it up or just chuck it in whole. No doubt you probably have lots of tree to plant, but this will at least get you started. Phone your neighbors and friends and see if they have any old fish in the freezer. If so, get them to leave it out for you to pick up. Most would be happy to oblige to make room for fresher food. Regards, Hank
Thanks Hank, it's a good idea. I live in farmland so pickings will be pretty slim but asking won't hurt!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Boo wrote:
Sorry guys for quoting myself but I just realized that there might be someone that thinks my words were pointed at them. This short vid is what fueled my soap box activity. Crazy!
https://youtu.be/jRVvMoEoItU
tcwild

Post by tcwild »

What I think might turn out interesting is this new cdc wear a mask suggestion. While I agree with it my wife is a night manager at a local convienence store. I'm afraid for the first person that comes thru the door with a bandana tied on his face at midnight. Could see this turning into a big problem.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Yep ....masks are problematic
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Boo we always use oatmeal planting a tree. That's probably in short supply too.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

wheelie wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:05 pm
Five people in a lineup in a small beer store. One person in that crowd infect another and that person takes it home to his whole family. Now one person in that family goes out and................. Not hard to figure it out.
CHEERS
yup, good ole common sense
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

We are under a stay at home order and all I see on TV are fast food commercials saying all their drive thrus are open :wtf:
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Boo wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:50 pm
hankenhunter wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:32 pm
Boo wrote:
Hey Don,
Thanks Hank, it's a good idea. I live in farmland so pickings will be pretty slim but asking won't hurt!
Don, you sure you want people to send you dead fish? :lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Hang in there folks, please!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I want dan to confess that he plays with toy boats in his tub.... a miniature great lake with blue food coloring then the post will be complete. Ohh l gave him n idea now