BAN ON SHOTGUNS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JUDGE

BAN ON SHOTGUNS

Post by JUDGE »

All 12 and 10 gauge shotguns with treaded chokes are now prohibited according to the new gun ban.
They exceed the 20 mm bore diameter.
Retired from the Working World

MICRO 355
50 CAL Traditions Pursuit
Mosburg 100ATR 30-06
Henry Lever 22lr
Mosburg 500
Savage 243
hunter with MS

Re: BAN ON SHOTGUNS

Post by hunter with MS »

Most choke tubes tighten down the pellet spread . The bore size
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Aaah!

For our brothers and sisters on the south side of the border, our Great Leader, Kim Jong Trudeau, has made illegal a huge number of firearms. Also some accessories .
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Idiot is lead by the worst Toronto Police Chief in history. The faults in their new plan are likely generated by Numskul Blair. Tree hugging citiots :thumbdown:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Boo wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:44 pm
Idiot is lead by the worst Toronto Police Chief in history. The faults in their new plan are likely generated by Numskul Blair. Tree hugging citiots :thumbdown:
I love that word (Citiots) :clap:

Dave :thumbup:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Posted in Off Topics:

It turns out that pretty well all 12 gauge shotguns with screw in chokes, most 10 gauges, several bolt action rifles, a target 22 and an Airsoft rifle were magically turned into "Prohibited Assault Weapons" by our current government. This conducted via an Order In Council so as to avoid any and all discussion in Parliament.

Don't know about you, but I am a tad beyond ticked off.

On several other Forums I am a Member of, we are creating a list of Action Items in response.
It would be a bit of a chore to collect them and post here.
So before doing so I would like to see a show of hands as it were.
Are any here interested in fighting this BS, and want to see the suggested Action Items posted?
I am willing...

If no response, I will take that as a no.

Your Call...

Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

IronNoggin wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 6:35 pm
Posted in Off Topics:

It turns out that pretty well all 12 gauge shotguns with screw in chokes, most 10 gauges, several bolt action rifles, a target 22 and an Airsoft rifle were magically turned into "Prohibited Assault Weapons" by our current government. This conducted via an Order In Council so as to avoid any and all discussion in Parliament.

On several other Forums I am a Member of, we are creating a list of Action Items in response.
Are any here interested in fighting this BS, and want to see the suggested Action Items posted?
I am willing...

Your Call...

Nog
A big heck ya!!!
BTW it will be a cold day in he'll before I surrender my arms!!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
janesy

Post by janesy »

For clarification, here is the lawyer's letter.
Regardless if how ANYONE reads this to be lawful or not. It IS on paper, which means it can be enacted on without any hesitation whatsoever

https://s3.amazonaws.com/CSSA/PDF/SOR2020-96-CSSA-Legal-Opinion-re-12-gauge-shotguns.pdf
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

IronNoggin wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 6:35 pm
Posted in Off Topics:

I am willing...

Your Call...

Nog
Matt, I would like to know what I can do.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

I just want my friends to the North to realize you have sympathizers to the South of you.!!!
Liberalism, Maoism, Communism... what ever or how ever you want to label it is a direct assault on free people wherever it is enacted!
One simply has to look back at world history to see the devastating effects caused by such ideologies. Whether it is China, Russia, Cuba, Venezuela or some other cesspool of a nation that this has infected, the story is always the same. Story line....I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you. That's lie #1. :wtf:
#2...YOU as a private citizen have no need for deadly, nasty firearms that kill people, cause WE the government will protect you!! So turn in your guns to WE the government. We're looking out for your best interest!! :think: :silent: :eusa-doh:
In 1942 Adolf Hitler said, "To conquer a nation, you must first disarm it's citizens".
Thomas Jefferson penned the line, "Any Government strong enough to GIVE you all you want, is strong enough to TAKE all you have".
Benjamin Franklin wrote, "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety".

I wish you well in your plight as you prepare to "fight the good fight". Even though many may not express it, rest assured we do indeed sympathize with you guys. Here in the States we fight stupidity "tooth and nail" every minute of every day. It's never a dull moment!!

From the GREAT State of TEXAS!! :clap:
Andy
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Theres the petition against the ban.
https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-2574
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Boo wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:13 am
Theres the petition against the ban.

This petition has taken off like a Rocket! :thumbup:

Over 80,000 signatures in the first 24 hours it has been out.

It is more than probable that this Parliamentary Petition will exceed the last one focused on this matter wherein it was recognized to be the largest number of Canadian signatures on such a petition ever.

With all that is happening, I suspect this one will literally blow the last one right out of the water for that title.

Seems to be enough interest here to warrant posting the Action Item List as developed thus far.
I will be doing so in the Canadian Gun Ban Thread I initiated in the Off Topic section:

https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=697160#p697160

This will be an ongoing work in progress for the duration.

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

In the meantime I will completely ignore the BS ban and chive on with my prohibited toys ;).

By the time this gets sorted it will be election time and it will get dropped. What a colossal waste of time and $$$$$$$........
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Carnivorous wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 2:15 pm
By the time this gets sorted it will be election time and it will get dropped. What a colossal waste of time and $$$$$$$........
While I agree this is a "colossal waste of time and money" (which is desperately needed in many other arenas just now) I don't concur with it going away.
It has already been passed into Law.
If you think Blunder Boy is going to risk alienating even a single LIEberal vote by pulling it, you are deluding yourself.

Reality.
Nog
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

IronNoggin wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 2:30 pm
Carnivorous wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 2:15 pm
While I agree this is a "colossal waste of time and money" (which is desperately needed in many other arenas just now) I don't concur with it going away.
It has already been passed into Law.
If you think Blunder Boy is going to risk alienating even a single LIEberal vote by pulling it, you are deluding yourself.

Reality.
Nog

You have a point but I'm old enough to remember the Liberal defunct long gun registry that was abolished by the PC party!

One can only hope this meets the same common sense fate!

Cheers!!