Are you doing enough to fight the gun grab?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Re: Are you doing enough to fight the gun grab?

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 6:20 pm
janesy wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 6:00 pm

Until the next government decides otherwise. As long as it's written on paper, it's law. To be interpreted any way they so choose.

This is key to the fact that if they want to do something, they will.
And Can, completely unchallenged.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I fought hard to try to stop gun registry and lead a long flight against fishing tugs 20 or so years ago. This round is for the younger generation. Pretty much out of powder burners and have no "scarey looking guns" as Christa Freeland called them. Did sign petitions and support two gun organisations. Kinda sitting out this round.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I only donated $25 but every little bit helps. I will be donating to the Durham Conservative party and the Renfrew-Nipissing-Pembroke Conservative Association as well. The later is a pushy almost redneck office that are very vocal about the gun laws and likes to beat up Trudeau and his cronies.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/judicial-oic-challenge-john-hipwell-amp-ed-burlew?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Thank you for your $25.00 donation to Judicial OIC Challenge - John Hipwell & Ed Burlew
Here is your donation receipt:
Donor name: Don Katsumi
Donation date: May 30, 2020
Donation to: Judicial OIC Challenge - John Hipwell & Ed Burlew
Donation will be received by: Ty Lobreau
Donation amount: $25.00
Total amount: $25.00
Your donation will appear on your statement as WPY*JUDICIAL OIC CHALLENG

Increase your impact
You still have a chance to show your support: Add a comment

Spread the word:
Share this fundraiser
GoFundMe's commitment to you
Our Customer Happiness agents are always here to help. If you have any questions, you can find answers and contact us 24/7 via the GoFundMe Help Center.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Boo

Post by Boo »

Something I did not know and am quite surprised about in regards to who voted what in the last federal election. This is cut and pasted from The Gun Blog. If anyone wants me to forward the email, let me know.

Why It Matters

The Conservatives are the only party in parliament to oppose mass gun prohibitions and confiscations.
Liberals, NDP, Bloc Quebecois, Greens all campaign for bans.
This is a delicate position for the Conservatives. Polls show many Conservative members and voters want bans.
Most PAL holders aren’t Conservative Party members. Far fewer than 10% of us voted in the 2017 Conservative leadership race.

This is The Gun Blog's website https://thegunblog.ca/

https://thegunblog.ca/2020/02/13/why-the-conservative-leadership-race-matters-to-gun-owners/
swiftfox

Post by swiftfox »

I donated to Canadian shooting sport. Even though my hunting days are behind me I personally have had enough over my fifty +years of hunting to see our guns, soon to be bows( I put dollars on that) be confiscated by a Liberal govt. Won’t go on about that, it will only raise my B.P. Every one needs to pay attention to this bill, and fight it. Remember there are a lot of Canadians who don’t know about guns or hunting. News media doesn’t help. When was the last time you watched a news or information show with a positive perspective on guns or hunting. The majority of people today don’t understand, all they hear or read is about is gun violence. Every one now a days is protesting something. Well now it’s our turn. Get together gun hunters and protest even if “trudie” doesn’t want to hear it, get in his face, get national attention.
Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil says "Oh! crap She's up"
Boo

Post by Boo »

Below is from CSSA and TheGunblog.ca I subscribe to both.

Special Report –
July 1, 2020

Public Interest Litigants Judicial Review of SOR/2020-96 Notice of Application Filed
 in Federal Court

Yesterday, June 29, 2020, Toronto lawyer Arkadi Bouchelev filed a notice of application for judicial review of the Order in Council (OIC) creating regulation SOR/2020-96 in the Federal Court on behalf of nine public interest litigants from across Canada.

These are private firearm owners, not firearm business owners whose livelihoods are threatened as a result of this ban, and they are bringing this litigation forward as public interest litigants. In other words, they’re challenging this Order in Council for the public good.

They want to overturn SOR/2020-96 and, if they are successful, will benefit every lawful Canadian firearm owner who owns one of the 1,500 types of firearms banned on May 1, 2020, or would like to own one in the future.

One of the key arguments that Mr. Bouchelev’s clients are making relates to Section 117.15(2) of the Criminal Code, which very specifically states that if a government intends to ban firearms by way of an Order in Council, they can only do it for firearms that have no reasonable use for hunting or sporting purposes.

If a firearm is reasonable for use to hunt or target shoot in Canada, the government cannot ban it through an OIC. They must enact a new piece of legislation.

Every firearm on the OIC list is reasonable for use for hunting, sporting purposes, or both.
The Public Interest Litigants also argue that the RCMP has no legal authority to reclassify firearms by changing their FRT status. That legal authority rests in the federal government and cannot be delegated to the RCMP.

The CSSA believes the Public Interest Litigants Judicial Review has an excellent chance to challenge and defeat the Liberal government’s firearm ban by Order in Council enacted on May 1st, 2020.

We encourage you to download and read the Public Interest Litigants Judicial Review Notice of Application (PDF).

If you believe, as we do, this is one of the best opportunities for us to defeat this Liberal firearm ban decree, please donate to the Public Interest Litigants Judicial Review.

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:

Tony Bernardo, Executive Director
Canadian Shooting Sports Association
Phone: 905-571-2150
Email: [email protected]
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Best way we can get shed of this is to get shed of True Dummy and his band of Complete Incompetents.

Hey! Ontario & Quebec!!
Are You Listening Here?

Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."