D Day

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grouse

D Day

Post by grouse »

Today is June 6 and since the majority of the people on this forum or either US or Canadian I want to acknowledge the tremendous thing they did (along with Britain) at Normandy on that day 76 years ago. In the US, the feats of our forces at Omaha Beach are legendary and for good cause. We also need to recognize the accomplishments and sacrifices of the brave Canadians that took Juno beach. Last summer I toured Normandy and our group was taken to Juno Beach and its museum. History was my college minor, but to my shame, I always thought that the US forces encountered the only significant resistance at Normandy. The museum at Juno beach opened my eyes. The Canadian troops numbered around 14,000 and took approx. 900 casualties while achieving their objective and then advancing farther inland than anyone else on that day. A tremendous days work!

Don't forget to salute the brave warriors from all three of these allied nations today.
axiom
350 SE
elkaholic

Re: D Day

Post by elkaholic »

:eusa-clap:
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:eusa-pray: :eusa-pray:
:angel: :angel:
:D

May WE never forget!!! :think:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Hats off to those who served, and to those who supported the war effort from home.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Yep god bless America and all its allies thank you for your service. That's why l stand even though we have problems we still are free we can work the other stuff out.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I can say with pride my niece last year was part of a cadet contingent there to honour the 359 Canadians whom lost their lives . :thumbup:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Doe Master wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:31 pm
I can say with pride my niece last year was part of a cadet contingent there to honour the 359 Canadians whom lost their lives . :thumbup:
You should be extremely proud of her!! :thumbup:
Please tell her "Thanks" from one of the guys in the Lower 48!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
grouse

Post by grouse »

AJ01 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:28 am
Doe Master wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:31 pm
You should be extremely proud of her!! :thumbup:
Please tell her "Thanks" from one of the guys in the Lower 48!
Thank you AJ for reminding me to reply to Doemaster's inspiring post of a few weeks ago.

She looks like a wonderful young woman and everyone in North America (in particular) should be grateful when we see this picture!
axiom
350 SE
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I had a good friend, and neighbor that fought in Germany. He was Army Special Forces, or something like that, anyway their mission was to blow up an airport in Germany, which was successful with around 9 guys, John was the only survivor, and he was not supposed to live. He died at 78 and was crippled the rest of his life from the waist down. He was the bravest man i ever knew to be totally honest! His sister lost her husband in the war, and they lived together until John died, she took great care of her brother! I cry when I think of them, she worked at Blaw Knox during the war making tanks. Her name was Zelma. Nicest people, and I'm lucky to have known them!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

As a young dumb Copper, I had an old Platoon Sergeant who's name was Tadlock. Of course he was known as SGT. Tad.
He was on the USS Arizona when it was bombed at Pearl Harbor. He swam around in the burning hell and pulled at least 10 men to safety. He had a Silver Star, Medal of Valor and a Purple Heart.
He was the most humble, kind guy you'd ever want to meet. If you ever ask him about Pearl, he would just tell you "I was doing my duty".
It's no wonder they are called "The Greatest Generation that Ever Lived"!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Rest In Peace SGT. Tad!!