2012 PHOENIX 175LB XBOW ADDING A THUMBHOLE TO STOCK

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bhdpal

2012 PHOENIX 175LB XBOW ADDING A THUMBHOLE TO STOCK

Post by bhdpal »

I am returning to xbow hunting after a 5 year layoff. My 2012 Phoenix was kept in a case, unstrung, and was meticulously maintained with pre-season, mid-season & post-season care & maintenance. Dissipator Pads were removed during off-season storage. The bow was tuned with a custom flemish string, and brace height was checked and maintained throughout the season. My bow was a real shooter. It grouped my Easton Carbon Arrows with NAP BHDs in 3' groups at 40 yards.

I always wanted a thumb hole in the stock for a more comfortable grip, so I could shoot with a straight wrist in line with the directional pull of the trigger. Now at 78 this is more necessary than before.

Has anyone did a customized thumbhole in their stock? If so did it cause any performance problems, what were the results, and can you offer any tips on how you completed this project?
vixenmaster

Re: 2012 PHOENIX 175LB XBOW ADDING A THUMBHOLE TO STOCK

Post by vixenmaster »

Back in the day we bought the T-hole stock. Then had to cut the rail so the t-hole trigger can be put into the trigger assembly. The rail have to have new hole drilled n tapped n the old one can be welded closed. The cheapest way to do this is trade yours for one of the t-hole stocked models. Next sell yours n buy a used one.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Boo

Post by Boo »

It's been a while but what I remember is lengthening the slot of the trigger slot by just connection the trigger access hole to the trigger slot, drill and tap one hole for the rear stock screw and adding a swept forward trigger lever. You might be best to call Danny Miller @740 483 2312
Some people just like stepping on rakes
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

So you end up with a metal rail ibex......in my opinion the ibex and vortex are some of the best examples of excalibur crossbows ever made
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
bhdpal

Post by bhdpal »

Thanks all for the info. I think it would be best to leave things as is for this season.

Joe
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

I just recently went through a stock swap that involved a thumbhole stock (Vortex). Instead of notching out the thumbhole stock for your Phoenix trigger blade, I would replace just the blade with a swept forward blade. Though I've heard they can be hard to get. Danny Miller as mentioned above would be the guy to talk to. Tapping a new hole in the rail is also incredibly easy to do. Good luck whenever you decide to tackle it.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
janesy

Post by janesy »

bhdpal wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:34 pm
Thanks all for the info. I think it would be best to leave things as is for this season.

Joe
Bah, you have tons of time. I bought an AXE340 new last year on Aug 31st. Machined it like crazy, new stock new limbs and it was with me in the treestand on Oct 1st. No deer :lol:

Go for it!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme