ANY THOUGHTS ON A420TD?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

ANY THOUGHTS ON A420TD?

Post by amythntr »

....looking for people's thoughts on the A420TD?

....around the end of the season last year I picked up an A420TD from ebay advertised as a dealer demo.

....the internal rope was showing some signs of fraying....

....I took a few shots with it (not enough to come to any conclusion) and put it away.

....have not shot it this year.....currently it is on its way to Excal to have the internal rope changed....

....just wondering what those who shoot this regularly think of it?

....reason for my questioning is that I have fallen in love with the AXE340 and am considering putting the A360 and/or the A420TD up for sale upon it's return. ....

....gonna have to make some decisions here....what are the 2-3 I will keep?.... as another AXE340 is on its way; A420TD, A360, and the two AXES?

....what to do? :eusa-think: :eh:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ComfyBear

Re: ANY THOUGHTS ON A420TD?

Post by ComfyBear »

Anthony, I could tell you what you should do, however when I tried last August, you ignored my advice. Therefore, although the answer is an easy one, only you can make the right decision, since you are the one who is going to own and use the crossbows.

On the other hand, if you want my opinion, I'd advise that you keep the two AXE 340s (now Maga340), get rid of both the A420 and A360, With the money you get from them you could get a 340TD and still have money left over for a $hit load of accessories.

Just my opinion, but what do I know....obviously something. As you've come to realize, I wasn't whistling Dixie, when I was touting the Axe340,
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

What’s the problem with owning more then 2 :D
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
janesy

Post by janesy »

I have spent some time with an A420. My personal opinion is that it's not a bow designed to shoot a 350-400 arrow at 420fps. It's a bow to launch a 450grn arrow at near 380-400 and bury it into the fletching. It's a powerhouse in a self sufficient platform. BUT! In my opinion, it's big, bulky, loud and too complicated for me to want to deal with in the field. Those who know me know I carry the simplest gear possible. Doesn't mean it's not a brutal killing machine :wink:

The A360 on the other hand is smaller and more maneuverable, but again for me, carries the same down sides as the 420. But again, I recognize what I consider downsides to be very favorable options if you like adjustability, or require it for that matter.

My BD- AXE very quickly became my favorite bow, unbelievably compact, acceptably quiet with little to no additional moving parts near zero vibrations as my tactacam it proving. For black Bear I built arrows at 448 grains and deliberately did not speed check them until after the same arrow cut through a Bear, to find the arrow was leaving at a measly 308fps. So there is that too.

Would I own 2 AXE's? No, I don't see the need for 2. Simply put I think it's the best bang for the buck Excal has to offer and is dead bullet proof. 340FPS I believe has proven itself to be the sweet spot for the Micro platform.

Now, a Bulldog'd 340TD with a 400TD riser and Limb assembly? I think I would be able to stop chasing my dream x-bow.

I would keep the A360 and an Axe and have one for range time and one for the field. I truly believe, and I had this same conversation with another member yesterday. Once you start carrying a small micro around, you'll not want to carry the big bows anymore
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

Keep an Axe and buy a 400 Suppressor. You know you want one. It would be smaller than your 420 and lighter than both Assassins. It would also help the economy. You're a CPA, you know it's good for the country. :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

I agree with Boo. Keep em all and buy a Suppresor 400. That is what he meant right? :lol:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....thanks guys.....I am probably going to give one AXE to my son...and although I think he is crazy, sell his Nightmare 380.

..... I also need to come to grips on which Assassin to sell....as far as buying anudda crossbow....nah!

.....two is more than enough for me!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

amythntr wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:51 pm
.....thanks guys.....I am probably going to give one AXE to my son...and although I think he is crazy, sell his Nightmare 380.

..... I also need to come to grips on which Assassin to sell....as far as buying anudda crossbow....nah!

.....two is more than enough for me!
Anthony, there you go again, not listening to me. We'll revisit this post this time next year. I've looked into my crystal ball and by then I figure you would have sold your A420 and A360 and own a Micro 340TD.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

amythntr

Post by amythntr »

..... I do not think I will be owning a 340TD as I am not real fond of the TD feature at all... I find it rather useless.

.....Me thinks me might settle in with an Axe Assassin combination of either the A360 or the A420 (just to keep a Matrix in the stable)and the Uncle Lou Axe 340!

.....I will make that decision upon the return of the A420TD from surgery at the Excalibur Hospital for Internal Medicine! :eusa-doh:....according to the schedule the A420TD is scheduled to be at the hospital today with surgery planned shortly thereafter. She should be returned looking as new as can be!

.....and I still feel to this day that one really does not need more than 2 Excal's as I am not a collector!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Anthony if you're so intent on owning an Asssasin, then the A360 is more than you need. Personally when I picked one up I found it ergonomically not suitable for me.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

Boo

Post by Boo »

Anthony. I'll be serious this time. If you're in a quandary, take the bow for a quick 100 yard walk, cock it and shoot it offhand at a target 40 yards away. The one that shoots the best is the one you should keep. Putting your body under a small amount of stress will sort out which bows function best for you. No one can tell you which one to keep. Money isnt the problem, it sounds like you just want less clutter in your life.
Normous

Post by Normous »

^^^Take a REAL fast walk and no cigar :thumbup:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

Normous wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:08 pm
^^^Take a REAL fast walk and no cigar :thumbup:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Image
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

Wait, is that 100Y in Anthony and Don steps or 100Y in Norm steps?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme