Muzzy X "Pig Man" 100gr Expandable!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

AJ01

Muzzy X "Pig Man" 100gr Expandable!!

Post by AJ01 »

Okay....Gotta ask....Anybody used any of these yet on REAL game and not just targets? :wink:

I know Muzzy has been making broadheads for a LONG TIME!! I figure these aught to be pretty tough, but I can't find any reviews on how they actually work in the field. I know they are a "rubber band user" on the back blades. And are rated at like a 2.5 cut size.

And yes, I know Broadhead opinions are like another part of the human anatomy....everybody has one!! :lol:

Might have to splurge and buy a pack to see how they work on swine!!
Just thinking out loud!! :lol: :think: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Normous

Re: Muzzy X "Pig Man" 100gr Expandable!!

Post by Normous »

Looks like Pig Man copied the SWAT A4 /X MAG and reduced the overall cutting surface over an inch compared the SWAT and changed the tip as well.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Every year l try to use a different brand broadhead ...nothing wrong with experimenting its fun.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I guess we all are looking for " It will Killll " :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Found some info on it looks close to a 4 blade 2 stage rage I read 2 reviews both say JUNK not worth the money or time . I dropped Muzzy because they are now made crappy . Won't waste my money or time . Just saying !
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

hunter with MS wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:52 am
Found some info on it looks close to a 4 blade 2 stage rage I read 2 reviews both say JUNK not worth the money or time . I dropped Muzzy because they are now made crappy . Won't waste my money or time . Just saying !
Yep
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Doe Master wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:44 am
:lol: :lol: :eusa-doh: :lol: :lol:

Thank You "Doug"!!!! :mrgreen:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Midway usa has muzzy x broadheads for18 $ a 3 pack
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Ok 18.94 sorry. Type in muzzy in search and go to broadheads
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

hunter with MS wrote:
I just thought they were unique. I've basically shot the same broadhead for years. When starting out with a crossbow, I used the standard Excal Bolt Cutter in 150gr. Then as all crazy people do, :crazy: , I started experimenting. Changed arra configurations, switched to a mechanical broadhead, settled on what WORKED FOR ME, and have "danced with the same pretty gal" ever since. :D

I won't mention the broadhead brand, simply because everyone has their own "favorite" make and model. And Lord knows, millions of words have been typed over what broadhead is best, and the never ending debate continues!! :eusa-doh: I just thought the design of the new series from Muzzy was pretty wicked looking and was wondering out loud if any had any personal experience with them.

Back in the 1980's I used Muzzy's shooting a vertical bow. But have NOT used them in years.
AJ
janesy

Post by janesy »

AJ01 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:45 pm
hunter with MS wrote:
I just thought they were unique. I've basically shot the same broadhead for years. When starting out with a crossbow, I used the standard Excal Bolt Cutter in 150gr. Then as all crazy people do, :crazy: , I started experimenting. Changed arra configurations, switched to a mechanical broadhead, settled on what WORKED FOR ME, and have "danced with the same pretty gal" ever since. :D

I won't mention the broadhead brand, simply because everyone has their own "favorite" make and model. And Lord knows, millions of words have been typed over what broadhead is best, and the never ending debate continues!! :eusa-doh: I just thought the design of the new series from Muzzy was pretty wicked looking and was wondering out loud if any had any personal experience with them.

Back in the 1980's I used Muzzy's shooting a vertical bow. But have NOT used them in years.
AJ
Ya no. By now the deer have absolutely figured out that secret Broadhead. They won't work. It's definately time to switch it up. :lol: :eusa-popcorn:

I was going to shoot the new SWAT Hybrid this spring, but covid shut that down temporarily. I have seen first hand the damage they do, and it's straight up devastating.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Doe Master wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:44 am
Is Doug Marcida here?.... :lol: well done Kevin. :thumbup:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I think the trap we fall for is Brand X didn`t fail me for 10 plus years of hunting . But then you go to buy the newest version of Brand X and discover the BH is not the quality anymore of ten years ago because now it is being made offshore . :shock:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Doe Master wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:39 am
I think the trap we fall for is Brand X didn`t fail me for 10 plus years of hunting . But then you go to buy the newest version of Brand X and discover the BH is not the quality anymore of ten years ago because now it is being made offshore . :shock:
Several companies have fallen into that category. I know Swhacker did that. I have a bunch of the old green 100gr. heads that I bought years ago. The new stuff is made in China!! :wtf: :wtf:
Luckily I have a bunch of the American made stuff that is still "new in the box". I'll continue to use them until they are gone!! :D
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I dropped Muzzy after Shooting the trocar into a target and having the blades bend and part of the broadhead break off . Had no choice but to take them Russian boar hunting and getting one but having the BH blades fold or bend . I used Muzzy for years used the 100 grain 3 blade and then they came out with the first crossbow BH called the crosskill came in 100 and 125 they were discontinued . Then the company was sold and the quality went down hill . I ordered a few shirts and I think a cap and after several months of not hearing from them or getting the order I called them and was informed that it could take many more months as they were making them one at a time . Not having any in stock to be sent out . I canceled !