Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Re: Matrix 310 Issue

Post by janesy »

brwndg wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:10 pm
janesy wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 11:02 am
I'd be swapping out those nock in the back end with the black Eagle style. They tend to have a sharper angle on the edge of the nock. I've had those nocks before and swapped them out, in my opinion the edge was a little soft or rounded for my liking. To easy for the string to want to roll over a softer edge

Maybe I missed it, but was it the same arrow that does it everytime? In the same orientation each time?
If it's not the same arrow each time that would suggest to me that it's a common problem throughout your arrows and the common denominator is the nock.
I am hunting with the same arrows I shoot in practice. This has actually happened with Excalibur Diablo bolts and Cabelas Carbon Hunters.
Never an issue while shooting at the range. Never a mishap; only on stand after a few hours sitting there.
Both sets of arrows using different nocks? Still sounds like your string is rolling the nock cause a partial dryfire.
I would follow Peters advice and sand your nocks then try to replicate the situation that is causing the problem
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

longbow joe wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:52 pm
Might be best to just pack it up and send it to an authorized excalibur service center and just let them check it out . Do it in the off season while you not using it.
This sounds like the smartest idea so far.
Personally, before sending it out I would put some double wall heatshrink on the arrow retainer. I like my arrow retainer to touch or almost touch the mainframe but with heatshrink on it. It is almost impossible to have too much tension on the arrow retainer but it is easy to have too little.
BTW, going over the nock is possible but I've only heard about it with some lighted nocks that had really rounded corners. When the string did go over the nock, it left a mark on the upper 2 vanes.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

If you think your bow is screwed up , Leave the bow cocked at home for 3 hours then shoot it at your target . Should hit the ground in front of it , Right ? But I can't see the limbs losing power then regaining their strength again.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
brwndg

Post by brwndg »

LongCarbine wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:38 pm
your
LongCarbine wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:38 pm
If you think your bow is screwed up , Leave the bow cocked at home for 3 hours then shoot it at your target . Should hit the ground in front of it , Right ? But I can't see the limbs losing power then regaining their strength again.
Agree and I should’ve done it while it was cold outside. Like I said before only happened when bow was cocked and hanging on stand in sub freezing weather.
I’ll give that a try come fall when temps drop
Excalibur Matrix 310
Cabelas Carbon Hunter Bolt
G5 Montecs 125g
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I'd probably buy some Black eagle executioner arrows w flat nock and then proceed to shoot the bow 100 times.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline