Adjustable Height Cheek Rest

Trading Post

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelsquad

Adjustable Height Cheek Rest

Post by wheelsquad » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:30 pm

Moving to the trading post section as recommended by a long-standing member....

Just wanting to let others know I came up with this 3D printed cheek rest to use on our own Excals, and decided to make them available to anyone that wants them. Saw a post on this forum from a couple years back but I've taken it a couple steps further. They are an improvement even with the factory scope and rings, and make a huge difference if you use an HHA Optimizer. I won't bore you with a long history or all the tweaks I made to get it to where it is now though. So I'll just put a bunch of pics below of how they look on various stocks and in different colors. Some guys have decided to put camo tape over theirs, or spray plasti-dip on it, blue the hardware, etc. I also have a version for guys that have the combination of a Bulldog and C2 crank, which the regular version doesn't quite fit. Charger EXT will work with the regular version on a BD though.

$25 TYD ConUS, includes 1/4" binding post hardware. Fits as-is on Micro and Bulldog stocks. Exo and Matrix stocks just need 1/4" holes drilled accordingly (2.75" spacing). I usually place my order for 5 at a time, minimum, sometimes I have them ready to go here, sometimes need to wait a little for enough demand.

Or if you have access to a 3D printer, I'll gladly email you the file so you can print yourself one.

Last option is for me to connect you with the place that prints them for me...you'll be charged about $15 plus minimum $6 for shipping and have to find hardware yourself (not difficult).

PM me if interested.

flightattendant100

Re: Adjustable Height Cheek Rest

Post by flightattendant100 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:44 pm

PM sent

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:28 pm

I love this! I've seen similar cheek rests and love it. I'm anxious for our borders to reopen and I'll be in the market for this for sure.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.

wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:49 pm

paulaboutform wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:28 pm
I love this! I've seen similar cheek rests and love it. I'm anxious for our borders to reopen and I'll be in the market for this for sure.

Paul
Where are you located? I just sent one to Canada recently. And there are a few guys in Germany that have them now, all I did was send them the 3D file and they printed themselves or had companies there print them. I'm not keeping a tight grip on this design and will gladly do what I can to get them onto people's Excals. Danny Miller left me a voicemail the other day after I sent him one and he said it's the best cheek rest he's ever used, wants 2-3 more.

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:08 pm

I'm in B.C., Canada. I'm curious, can you adjust the height of the rest or is the position fixed?

Paul

wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:11 pm

paulaboutform wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:08 pm
I'm in B.C., Canada. I'm curious, can you adjust the height of the rest or is the position fixed?

Paul
Height is adjustable (hence the title of the thread), but also stays put where you want it, until you decide to move it. PM me if you want one, no problem shipping to Canada, just costs me (you) an extra $10.

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:03 pm

wheelsquad wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:11 pm
paulaboutform wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:08 pm

Paul
Height is adjustable (hence the title of the thread), but also stays put where you want it, until you decide to move it. PM me if you want one, no problem shipping to Canada, just costs me (you) an extra $10.
Oh brother....that's like standing hnder the exit sign and asking where the exit is. :oops:....thanks.

Paul

flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:01 pm

Just a shout out to wheelsquad. Atta boy!! I got my adjustable height cheek rests today, and they are super. They fit snug as a bug in a rug, Look nice, and do exactly what I was wanting. Thanks much

Paulaboutform, You can adjust these adjustable cheek rests for height! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:08 am

flightattendant100 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:01 pm
Just a shout out to wheelsquad. Atta boy!! I got my adjustable height cheek rests today, and they are super. They fit snug as a bug in a rug, Look nice, and do exactly what I was wanting. Thanks much

Paulaboutform, You can adjust these adjustable cheek rests for height! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks!

And FYI to everyone, I'll be including all black hardware with these now:

bigbowman

Post by bigbowman » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:05 pm

Pm sent
Micro 335 Nightmare (Gen 1)
Trophy Ridge XV530IR Scope
16.5” Zombie Slayer Arrows
Muzzy HB Ti Broadheads

wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:57 am

FYI for those that have sent me PM's... For whatever reason all my PM replies on this site get hung up in the outbox for a day, sometimes two. So if you've sent me a PM, I'm not ignoring you.

wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:40 pm

And here's a brown one on a Kryptek Banshee camo 308 Short with the black hardware.

Boo

Post by Boo » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:07 am

It's a great product that fits well and works perfectly!
If there are no dogs in heaven, I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
If I could love like a dog does, I would have a pure conscience.
Grief is the price we pay for love QE2

wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:06 pm

Boo wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:07 am
It's a great product that fits well and works perfectly!
Thanks Boo!

Update on the adjustable height ambidextrous cheek rests that many of you now have....

The new way to get them will be to get in contact with flightattendant100, or to go right to eBay where he's got it set up to make a seamless purchase:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable-Cheek-Rest-for-Excalibur-Micro-and-Bulldog-/264824191080

(if that link ever expires, just search Excalibur Adjustable Cheek Rest) on eBay.

Paul is already selling other items for Excaliburs and is well connected within the Excalibur enthusiast community. He's the best guy for keeping these available now.

I'm not going anywhere though. My goal when I started offering these was to make sure they'd always be available for Excal owners, and this way it can continue. I just have a few other things I need to be focusing my time and efforts on.

It's been fun seeing all that others have done with them. From camo tape, camo vinyl wrap, plasti-dip, hydro-dip, or just using as-is. I've also done a couple custom geometry ones for folks (taller, longer), and I'll continue to be able to do that for guys that need it. But the best way for 90% of them is to let Paul (flightattendant100) be the guy to get them from.

bob watkins

Post by bob watkins » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:37 pm

going to order another one for my 380 love it