The Time Has Come

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

The Time Has Come

Post by ComfyBear »

Father Time shows no mercy. That's right folks, it's time to bid farewell to one of my beloved Excaliburs.

Up until last year I had no problem cocking my Matrix 380. Then when I got the new reinforced limbs,I noticed a few things, it was shooting faster and was even more accurate. That made me very happy. Even though I noticed that it was a tad harder to cock, it was a good trade-off. However, old age sucks and now that last inch is a struggle. :oops: So I must finally face the fact that the time has come. Yes it's with a very heavy heart that I decided to sell my Matrix 380. :(
Unless I change my mind, I plan on listing it in the Trading Post. So stay tune folks.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
RobD

Re: The Time Has Come

Post by RobD »

It was the hardest bow for me to let go, took me months to finally get the courage to do it.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Why don't you install the new Charger EXT crank on the bow and keep shooting it? That's what I did with all of my bows now. Good luck!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

bigbowman wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:54 pm
Why don't you install the new Charger EXT crank on the bow and keep shooting it? That's what I did with all of my bows now. Good luck!
Although I have a EXT Charger, I don't like using it. When I bought my first Micro, the Axe 340, I found cocking it took more effort than I was used to, so I got the new Charger EXT crank. However, never having to use one before, I found it takes too long and is a pain to use. So after a few weeks, by changing my technique I was able to cock my Axe without any problem. Currently I have five Excaliburs, and I don't use a crank for any of them and I'd prefer to keep it that way. If the time comes that I'm not able to cock any of my bows, then I'll have no choice. Meanwhile, I figure I've got more bows than I can use, so it would best to cull the herd. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm down to two in the house, and I sleep just fine Lou! It's hard to let them go, but you can only shoot one at a time! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I sold my 380 last week :(
I could still cock it and I have the charger XT but since I bought my micro 355 I just haven’t wanted to hunt with anything else.
I still have my 350 LE and my Vixen...they ain’t going nowhere :eusa-naughty:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"