Extra limbs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ankh

Extra limbs

Post by Ankh »

I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. Went back on FB excalibur forum and am now worried that I should order a set of backup limbs. Out of my gen 1 micro 335 I shoot stock quills with lumenok and 150 grain head. I do have a backup bow in my axiom, but love my micro.

Sorry for going back on FB, but any thoughts on getting backup limbs? Thanks in advance for any and all opinions.
Micro 335 nightmare, Axiom
Swhacker 150 grain, zombie slayers
Wants: micro ultra lite, adj. stock, take down, good trigger, good scope , low 300 speed to keep "cockable" w/out crank
janesy

Re: Extra limbs

Post by janesy »

Ankh wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:48 pm
I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. Went back on FB excalibur forum and am now worried that I should order a set of backup limbs. Out of my gen 1 micro 335 I shoot stock quills with lumenok and 150 grain head. I do have a backup bow in my axiom, but love my micro.

Sorry for going back on FB, but any thoughts on getting backup limbs? Thanks in advance for any and all opinions.
Back up limbs are a great investment. Excalibur will always have your back, but the spare set lets you get back in business.

Consider that maybe, just maybe the limbs don't fail... on their own. But you do nip the string with a Broadhead, or fire too close to the tree trunk in the moment. Either way, your back in business if you have a spare set of limbs.

Besides, all the cool kids are doing it. Give Dawn a call, she'll set you up.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....this cool kid has a black set for my AXE 340’s...
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
RobD

Post by RobD »

I have a set that goes with my Kryptek Altitude 360TD, but it could be used on either bow. When I had the Matrix-class bows I had a spare limb set but never had to use them. I'm hoping it stays that way with the Micro-class. Isn't that the way insurance works? Don't have it and you need it, have it and you never need it.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
Ankh

Post by Ankh »

Ordering today, thanks for the input.
Micro 335 nightmare, Axiom
Swhacker 150 grain, zombie slayers
Wants: micro ultra lite, adj. stock, take down, good trigger, good scope , low 300 speed to keep "cockable" w/out crank
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Ankh wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:48 pm

Don't feel bad I got on facebook forum. Lasted about a week. It wasn't for me.
CFD940

Post by CFD940 »

For what it’s worth I got the whole front end assembly for my M380. So much easier to change that out than replacing just the limbs. Like others have said never used it but when I go out of state hunting I like the piece of mind.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

CFD940 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:59 am
For what it’s worth I got the whole front end assembly for my M380. So much easier to change that out than replacing just the limbs. Like others have said never used it but when I go out of state hunting I like the piece of mind.
....very interesting :eusa-think:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:14 am
CFD940 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:59 am
[/quote

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
RobD

Post by RobD »

amythntr wrote:
Probably should just buy another Axe, then you have a spare stock and rail too. :lol:
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

amythntr

Post by amythntr »

RobD wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:33 am
amythntr wrote:
Probably should just buy another Axe, then you have a spare stock and rail too. :lol:
.....'tis true....oh wait, I do have an extra AXE! :oops:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
RobD

Post by RobD »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:06 am
Sounds like you need to buy two more Axes then, a spare for each. :eusa-dance:
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

amythntr

Post by amythntr »

RobD wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:16 am
amythntr wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:06 am
Sounds like you need to buy two more Axes then, a spare for each. :eusa-dance:
....buy my A420TD from me and I will do so....unless I buy the 400 Suppressor :eusa-think:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I feel I don't need spare limbs. :eusa-naughty: The ones I've gotten will last me indefinitely.

Of course that's because I have four spare Excalibur crossbows. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

On occasion I have been known to do some pretty stupid things. As tough as my Exomax is it is not indestructible. I have a spare set of limbs and a spare scope. I wait too long for deer season to take any chances I will be waiting to get my crossbow fixed. Lost over a week a few years ago when my scope failed. Never again!!

Some examples that stuff happens:
A few years a go a hunter approached my brother-in-law and me asking if we had seen a rifle laying in the road. We hadn't seen it but we were not the only truck down that road that morning. He had laid the rifle on the tail gate and drove off not remembering it was there until he was a few miles down the road. Don't know if he ever found it or not.

While living in Wyoming I was told by a friend of mine he had lost his 7mm Magnum rifle. It had somehow fell out of the scabbard while he was navigating through a snow blizzard on his horse. They had misjudged the weather and were caught out in the storm. The area he was in has very steep and narrow trails. Never noticed the rifle was gone until he reached their camp. He never found it after backtracking a ways. Very expensive screw up!!

An electrician at the plant in Wyoming leaned a beautiful Weatherby rifle up against the tree while he took a leak. His horse decided to take off so off he went trying to catch it. Now this guy was an excellent electrician but not much of a cowboy. Who doesn't tie a horse up while in a wilderness area and then walk away from it? Long story short the Weatherby was never found and he never caught the horse. The rescue party found him two days later wandering around in the woods!! This was in the Wind River range near Rock Springs, Wy.

Bill
Last edited by ko4nrbs on Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35