Excalibur 2021

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mchurch

Excalibur 2021

Post by mchurch »

Any ideas what we might see? Id like an assassin 380 with td feature, a crank that can be decocked without free spooling, maybe a brush instead of an metal arrow retention arm , and some sound deadening that is integrated into the stock
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
Boo

Re: Excalibur 2021

Post by Boo »

I like that speed but for myself, I'd like to see something with Matrix limbs, minimized weight wise, no more than 5.5 lbs and with an enclosed mainframe like the Killer Instinct Swat. Now dat der would be interesting to me!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I feel that we might see Matrix size limbs making a comeback. I say that due to what I've read on the Excalibur Facebook page. Some folks are complaining once again about Micro limb failures. Some are blaming it on faulty limbs, while others seem to think that it's the riser that's at fault. Personally I feel that the amount of limb failures are overblown. However, they seem to be more prevalent and reported with the Micros. If this is true, the question is why? Not being a mechanical engineer, the answer is beyond my scope. However, I would think that if there is a perception that Micros are more prone to failure, then there would be demand for a return to longer limbs.

I love my AXE340, but I will never sell my Exocet 200, and I will make sure to also have at least one Matrix in my collection.

Just my 2 cents, for what they are worth. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm with you Don, I want the lightest bow they could ever make! :lol: :lol:

Lou, I think the negative posts are from never Excalibur people to begin with. I have not ever been accused of being lucky, but I have never had an issue with any Excalibur limbs through the various series of Mag Tip to Micro series bows. Now I know my ownership compared to market quantities is quite low, but compile the number of models I have owned into that equation and the force of maybe 3 applies. :eusa-think:
I know a lot of people that bow hunt & crossbow hunt, and I would not ever consider trading my problems for theirs. I think this post is more for what the future might be and not what their past has been defined as by the minority of users. :eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

I'm putting my vote in for an Ultralight model. Able to be rope cocked with speed between 325-350fps. I prefer a Micro. Make it all black maybe with soft touch type paint.

I dont worry about limb failures. I have spares and the best warranty in the business.
Take care
Hatchet
janesy

Post by janesy »

Hatchet wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:25 pm
I'm putting my vote in for an Ultralight model. Able to be rope cocked with speed between 325-350fps. I prefer a Micro. Make it all black maybe with soft touch type paint.

I dont worry about limb failures. I have spares and the best warranty in the business.
Take care
Hatchet
I like the idea of a soft touch stock.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... yup.... an ultralight (Scorpyd like) frame with titanium fasteners....how about POLISHED forks.... I for one can’t really see the TD feature being a real seller... I don’t see that staying in their line up but what do I know.... I think Excalibur hit 2 home runs this past year... one being the ExtCharger and the other the AXE....

.... honestly all of these bows with speeds that are so close to each other don’t interest me....how about including a stringer to make the bow purchase 100 % functional,

.....how about offerings without scope or arrows for those who don’t need them....

.....then there is the hope of another home run for 2021..... not that I am going to buy anything else.... promise! :eusa-liar:
Last edited by amythntr on Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Yup ...Ultra lite stop worrying about speed.
You will never win the speed war.
Mature people want reliable dependable equipment
Look at them van staal fishing reels primitive....but awesome.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

All the flaws taken care of
bbahunter

Post by bbahunter »

No take down feature, lighter bow, matrix or micro limbs, 350 fps with 400 grain arrow. Is that asking for too much? :thumbup:
Suppressor 355
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

I'd still like to see an adjustable LOP stock with adjustable HEIGHT cheek rest but not the Assassin way of doing it, I think the Charger EXT is the way to go.

With some of the recent outright limb failures guys have been sharing pictures of risers seriously cutting into the sides and bottom faces of the limbs. It's not good. So some improved QC checks there would be nice for 2021. I checked out the sides of my 308 Short limbs last night and all looks good, will take the limbs out fully after this next weekend and see how the bottom side of the limbs look.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
janesy

Post by janesy »

wheelsquad wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:50 pm
I'd still like to see an adjustable LOP stock with adjustable HEIGHT cheek rest but not the Assassin way of doing it, I think the Charger EXT is the way to go.

With some of the recent outright limb failures guys have been sharing pictures of risers seriously cutting into the sides and bottom faces of the limbs. It's not good. So some improved QC checks there would be nice for 2021. I checked out the sides of my 308 Short limbs last night and all looks good, will take the limbs out fully after this next weekend and see how the bottom side of the limbs look.
Limbs and strings are going to break. They are the functioning items on the bow. Nothing else left to break.
Don't loose any sleep, your 308 will be just fine.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

janesy wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:03 pm
Limbs and strings are going to break. They are the functioning items on the bow. Nothing else left to break.
Don't loose any sleep, your 308 will be just fine.
Oh I'm certainly not losing any sleep over it. Took it out tonight didn't give it a second thought. Shot a doe hour and a half before dark, blew right through her.

https://youtu.be/zrSOCCzaTrs

But I'm going to take it apart after hunting a bunch this upcoming weekend still. From what I can see without taking the limbs out, I don't have going on what BigBowMan just found on his. But it's easy to do so I'm going to see how mine is.

I'm still 100% on board with the micro's. Building up another from parts as we speak. And yes strings and limbs are a wear item that eventually need replacing with enough shooting... But risers cutting into limbs during assembly, now that is something that shouldn't happen other than an incredibly rare occurrence.
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360
Boo

Post by Boo »

There are a few good posts here about how and why the limbs fail.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Post by Normous »

janesy wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:16 pm
Hatchet wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:25 pm

Take care
Hatchet
I like the idea of a soft touch stock.
Dave at Wyvern can add a two clear coats of the rubberized soft touch finish during the off season. I have several stocks done with this finish which really appeals to my hands.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family