Extra Limbs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Assassin1

Extra Limbs

Post by Assassin1 »

Anybody buy an extra set of limbs in case of problem ? Been thinking of getting a set for my 355. Any ideas on price?
Normous

Re: Extra Limbs

Post by Normous »

If you buy the 21 Excal Twinstrike Mobuc an extra set costs you $1,000 .
You pay upfront for an extra set of limbs :mrgreen:

On another happier note , the low cost of a spare set of factory blemished limbs may save the day and is a wise investment the way I see it.
Last edited by Normous on Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Brad Cayton

Post by Brad Cayton »

I bought a set for my mag 340 last month. $100
janesy

Post by janesy »

Assassin1 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:17 pm
Anybody buy an extra set of limbs in case of problem ? Been thinking of getting a set for my 355. Any ideas on price?
It's a really good idea. As lots of people find out, Excalibur a warranty Dept is second to none. But even so, in the middle of the season, you loose no down time while waiting should something happen.

It's a really good idea
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I refuse to miss hunting opportunities, I have limbs for two of my bows, and I’m not going to ever cry about the money spent, it’s like paying for insurance for your truck that you hope to never use. :eusa-think:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I have two thoughts on extra limbs. One, If the truck that I drive hunting had to keep a spare motor and tools in the bed as spares, I would trade trucks! period! Second ,if the spares are the way you want to go, buy a riser as well. Have spare limbs mounted with string attached. ONE screw changes front ends out. You can do that in the dark. I would much rather have a bow that didn't POO the bed though. Is anyone Listening??? Just my dos centavos
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:25 am
I have two thoughts on extra limbs. One, If the truck that I drive hunting had to keep a spare motor and tools in the bed as spares, I would trade trucks! period! Second ,if the spares are the way you want to go, buy a riser as well. Have spare limbs mounted with string attached. ONE screw changes front ends out. You can do that in the dark. I would much rather have a bow that didn't POO the bed though. Is anyone Listening??? Just my dos centavos
I hear ya Paul....and I'll go you one better. I refuse to buy extra limbs and a riser. After all, I own five Excaliburs. That way each one keeps the others in check, so that none would ever dare to fail. :lol:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I think it depends on your situation. I have a Micro 335 and a Micro 355. If I am only hunting at around home during out loooooong Sept to Jan deer season. No big deal. If a set breaks, I could swap or switch bows or get a bow repaired. BUT....... (I do have a set by the way)

if you are going on an long distance expensive hunt, definitely have a set along. 2 years ago drove from NC to Ontario to hunt spring bears. On one sit my MIcro335 limbs gave up the ghost. I had 2 days left to hunt. I went back swapped limbs took about 3 or 4 shots to site it in and killed a bear on the last day.

Anything can break and the further you push the envelop the likelihood of that goes up. The limbs see the highest stress on the bow so naturally that is a potential fail point. To limit the chance buy an older EXO-Series bow. Much lower stresses so lower chance of failure....but I'm sure it's not zero.....but it's probably pretty low.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Forkston

Post by Forkston »

I promised myself I wouldn't comment on the subject of limbs, but here we go again here's the solution every bow comes with a extra set of limbs from the factory
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I hunt moose in a very remote area...I have spare limbs for all my Excalibur's ,just because of Murphy's law !
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

ComfyBear wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:01 pm
I hear ya Paul....and I'll go you one better. I refuse to buy extra limbs and a riser. After all, I own five Excaliburs. That way each one keeps the others in check, so that none would ever dare to fail. :lol:
First of all limbs are not even comparable to an engine in terms of price, more like a spare tire. I always carry a spare tire.
:eusa-popcorn:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:30 pm
ComfyBear wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:01 pm
First of all limbs are not even comparable to an engine in terms of price, more like a spare tire. I always carry a spare tire.
:eusa-popcorn:
If you figure cost of bow and cost of limbs percentage wise you will not be far off of truck/motor percentage. It was an example anyway, but ...
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

:lol: :lol:
Yep, but I don’t cry as hard with your option. I’m just laughing when people complain about missed hunting time. I would not take just one gun on a Michigan elk hunt. You get one tag lifetime if you get drawn for that even. I’m saying for the cost of having a plan, two bows or extra limbs, or take your chances during hunting season.
:eusa-think:
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

have not had a limb problem since i bought spares :eusa-clap:
Last edited by otisbrazwell on Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Not many crossbow manufacturers selling replacements parts these days. That's one more reason to choose Excalibur. I have spare limbs, trigger, scope, strings, string stop rubbers and hardware. Plus a backup bow.

It's good to be prepared for anything. There is only so many days to hunt, and things can come up that keep us out of the woods. Bow trouble shouldn't be one of those things.
Take care
Hatchet